Juniors to join Lowland League?

edinabear

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was there not some talk a while back of linlithgow doing a Spartans and hedgin their bets in both grades

I think haddington ath have an amateur team too so might be able to get them to step up. I dont know if reinstatement would get in the way of players turning out in the junior and scottish cups though

Existing Junior teams don't have players gain Senior status by playing in the Senior cup.

Did Spartans players turn out for both junior and senior teams in the same season?

Not sure but they would have to be re-instated before they could though.

Although not sure how the loan system from Seniors to Juniors works as regards reinstatement.

This.

I dont see many (if any) west region clubs who would gamble on playing in the EOS or SOS Leagues over the current league set up. Would it not be conjusive for the LL management to take control of the EOSL & SOSL and look at the possibility of a similar league for the West as this might provide some more teams for the LL from this side of Scotland or are they just happy having it East dominated?

There are some West Region clubs who want change to the current set up in the West Region and the SJFA as a whole but there is a very active majority that want nothing to change as they see it as a threat to tradition (this is only my opinion).

Agree with Hampden Diehard that there seems to be no appetite from the SFA over encouraging Junior clubs to come on board to the LL. We are certainly not snobbish towards the LL and having watched one of our academy teams play Spartans in the Scottish Cup last season I was very impressed (& a bit jealous) with the set up at Ainslie Park. Having also been to a few early season encounters of EK the set up is certainly impressive but it is hard to judge the standard in just 1/2 games.

Some clubs are reluctant to change as it would be a gamble. It wasnt a gamble for most of the LL as they are still playing the same teams (mainly) they were playing in the EOSL.

Hope we can work together to develop this further but I highly doubt it as both sides seem firmly entrenched in their respective positions.

So are we one of the more progressive clubs who want to see change in the west ?

The dinosaurs will never want change, but some clubs seem to realize the juniors will slowly die unless there is change.

I actually thought one of the junior big guns would have made the move to the LL league by now.

With the LL at bursting point and with, it seems, many clubs knocking on the door I can see further reconstruction this summer. , Need to sort out the tier below the LL whether that be a LL2 made up of EofS and SofS or hopefully getting the West Coast Juniors involved.

With the LL at bursting point and with, it seems, many clubs knocking on the door I can see further reconstruction this summer. , Need to sort out the tier below the LL whether that be a LL2 made up of EofS and SofS or hopefully getting the West Coast Juniors involved.

If LL1 wasn't appealing, how attractive do you think LL2 will be?

Great result for Colts but doesn't prove much either way other than the fact that Talbot appear to have difficulty with LL teams!

Linlithgow Rose had a difficult away trip up north but seem to have eased through.

The top half of the LL will always be a match for Junior Superleague sides, as is most of the HL.

It's all about where you can go though. I'm not motivated to go along to a game where the teams can't go anywhere. I like to dream and and think about where a team could be playing in 10 years time. If Inverness, Ross County and even Gretna to a lesser degree doesn't excite you, then nothing ever will. I'm really surprised that Clydebank have not found away forward to enter the pyramid. What's happening at Fylde, Forest Green Rovers and Salford City in England is more than reason for wanting more unity among our clubs.

I don't think it is fair to compare what is going on in non league England with seniors or juniors in Scotland. Teams such as Fylde draw from a huge population base and are able to attract serious investment.

How many league clubs in Scotland can boast of that, never mind non league ?

We often hear cries of 'lack of ambition'....always from people who won't put there money where there mouth is. My view , for what it's worth, is clubs in Scotland find their own level and tend not to punch above their weight...Ross County perhaps an exception.

Is there anything fundamentally flawed about that ?

Archived