Clyde v Stirling Albion

Just leaving Broadwood, so thought I would let the traffic pass.

Think it's safe to say that was our best 90 minutes under McLaren (that I have seen). Credit where credit is due, we looked a team today and controlled the game. Other than a Chris Smith header, I can't remember Clyde making a single goal scoring opportunity.

It should have been a lot more comfortable however, we missed some real good chances in the First Half.

The relief at the end, you'd have thought we'd won the league!!

PS - Thanks for taking McGovern off our hands, looks like his poor form has continued at his new club!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This reminds me of John Browns's second season - the one after we stayed up in the Playoffs. That season he had put together his team, and I thought it was probably the best set of players we had in years. We started promisingly, and then went down without a whimper.

This year I think we have the best team (on paper) in the league. Same issues look like they are arising though. Is it something about ex-Rangers players of a certain era?

There were no positives from today's performance. It was as poor as any game I've seen before. The defence looked reasonably ok, but almost every player seemed sluggish and lethargic. There were literally no passages of play from Clyde. BF didn't even seem all that interested. I'll be interested to see what his explanation is tonight, if he even gives one this week. Credit to the Stirling fans for injecting some atmosphere into such a brutal game of football.

Didn't see Clyde the first game of the season but ffs please tell me this mob aren't the bookies favourite for the league. We have been pretty pish all season but they took it to another level today. Most routine win we will have all season.

Oh and JP McGovern........hilarious

Just leaving Broadwood, so thought I would let the traffic pass.

Think it's safe to say that was our best 90 minutes under McLaren (that I have seen). Credit where credit is due, we looked a team today and controlled the game. Other than a Chris Smith header, I can't remember Clyde making a single goal scoring opportunity.

It should have been a lot more comfortable however, we missed some real good chances in the First Half.

The relief at the end, you'd have thought we'd won the league!!

PS - Thanks for taking McGovern off our hands, looks like his poor form has continued at his new club!!

Agree with your comments, we looked today a team and if we can keep it up then who knows how we will fare this season. playoffs/promotion has not been ruled out yet !

Should have won more comfortably against a poor Clyde team. Sums up their performance today when the match sponsors name their Goalkeeper as their man of the match.

One point I would bring up was the performance of the referee today, booked 4 of our players and sent Craig Comrie off, yet only booked 1 Clyde player near the end, gave us nothing all game.

One bad note today was the Shire won and are still 2 points behind us at the bottom, our next home game against them on the 31th should be an interesting game, if we win that widens the gap to 5 points but until then I feel a lot happier tonight and hope we can carry on with more performances of this type.

Was fucking rancid today! The midfield was a huge problem with nobody in there willing to run with the ball nor were they getting up to support the front two. We ended up resorting to long punts up to Gormley and Ferguson. The only players that looked interested and willing to fight for the ball were Gibson and Marko. Was expecting big things from the likes of Gormley and Higgins but they've largely been very poor.

Jack Ross was at the game today would be keen for him to get involved as part of the backroom staff.

Very satisfying win today, made all the more enjoyable when Clyde fans on here are so confident pre-match :)

We were never threatened really and we should have had 3 goals in the first half to make it a more comfortable win. As for Clyde, that was the worst performance against us from any team this season. I wasn't impressed with them when they sneaked a narrow win at Forthbank and they dont look like they will challenge for promotion this season.

Difficult to pick out our best player but I thought Ross Forsyth was outstanding. Clyde goalkeeper got the sponsors MOTM award and that maybe sums up how the game went (he did pick the ball out the net superbly).

As others have said, JP McGovern :lol:

What happened to Andrews? Was he injured or just not coping?

GIRUY

firstly no complaints about the result Stirling were far better team and if truth be told never had to get out of second gear but for poor finishing could have been 3 or 4

that today was as bad as anything dished up in brown's era it's the type of performance that's a real worry that's no wins in 4 and only 2 goals scored have backed Fergusson from start but if we lose next week in the cup then he really has to be honest to himself and the club let's hope we can get a win up in the Highlands and restore some confidence

Nothing to add that hasn't been said about the performance. What it represents is far more important. In almost eighteen months now, the only solid consistency (apart from the brown kind) we have had was late January into March last year. Another clearout is definitely not the answer.

AN ASIDE NOTE : What the f**k does whichever clown who operates the scoreboard think they are playing at?? Binos??? What a way to bend over for your opponents from the off. Fucking idiot.

Archived