Pixies Songs

Ulises de la Cruz

Sorry 2 offend u m8.

If you actually know the album you'll have realized that the 3 favourite Pixies songs I posted are all from Trompe Le Monde, so I have to ask why is it hard to believe that it's my favourite of their releases? Because you don't personally like it? Odd behaviour.

Surfer Rosa has 3 or 4 of Pixies best songs, but it also has a lot filler. The 2nd half of the album is ordinary. Tony's Theme, Oh My Golly and I'm Amazed are all nothing songs that don't do anything for me.

I think the Pixies were at their best when they went with a more sombre, melancholy type of song, and Trompe Le Monde showcases Pixies best songs of that nature IMO. Head On, Letter To Memphis, Bird Dreams of the Olympus Mons, Motorway To Roswell are all brilliant songs of this nature on Trompe Le Monde. I think it's a terrific album. Every song from Head On down to Najavo Way are all great tracks that never get skipped if they come on in shuffle, other than Lovely Day which I don't really like.

Probably my favourite band I've never seen live where I've had the chance, seen frank black at Middlesbrough of all places however which was class.

In no particular order:

Isla de encanta

Crackity jones

Wave of mutilation

Distance equals rate times time

Alec Eiffel

Edited by Latino Lover

• 5 years later...
On 22/10/2015 at 23:07, Doc Sportello said:

Sorry 2 offend u m8.

If you actually know the album you'll have realized that the 3 favourite Pixies songs I posted are all from Trompe Le Monde, so I have to ask why is it hard to believe that it's my favourite of their releases? Because you don't personally like it? Odd behaviour.

Surfer Rosa has 3 or 4 of Pixies best songs, but it also has a lot filler. The 2nd half of the album is ordinary. Tony's Theme, Oh My Golly and I'm Amazed are all nothing songs that don't do anything for me.

I think the Pixies were at their best when they went with a more sombre, melancholy type of song, and Trompe Le Monde showcases Pixies best songs of that nature IMO. Head On, Letter To Memphis, Bird Dreams of the Olympus Mons, Motorway To Roswell are all brilliant songs of this nature on Trompe Le Monde. I think it's a terrific album. Every song from Head On down to Najavo Way are all great tracks that never get skipped if they come on in shuffle, other than Lovely Day which I don't really like.

This was one of @Doc Sportello's final posts on the site.

I think it may have broken him. GBNF