What's Your Username All About?

Dee Man

It's either an anagram of denude, duneed (a little known Strine term, for having to spend too much time in a dunny in the bush), the town where I was born or a football team. My avatar is a Socceroo that I started using in the lead up to this year's Asian Cup. Previous avatars have been a favourite player Alan Gilzean, Jimi Hendrix and an old beer ad.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chupacabra's were mentioned in one of the episodes of Season 2 of The Walking Dead. Looked them up, seemed like they were pretty cool. For whatever reason it was in my head whilst making this account, so just went with it.

My avatar is just in appreciation of the most boner-inducing strike partnership to ever grace Scottish football.

tamthebam was a character in the Big Yin cartoon in the Daily Record in the 1970s- a wee baldy guy out of the Bar-L. I was stuck for a name and just used that. There were two Tams at City who were also influential: Tam Nolan, a gifted looney who also briefly played for Cowden and Tam Steven, a gifted looney who briefly managed Cowden and was manager when we won the East of Scotland League for the only time.

The avatar is a photo taken at a gig in Newcastle by that fine and noisy bunch of b*****ds, the Wildhearts. The audience were asked to choose which song to play from the back catalogue, the titles being held up on large cards. "Nothing changes but the shoes" is one of the classic songs and the photo summed up my cynical attitude to life.

incidentally if you google "tamthebam" and go to images, the 12th image down is my avatar. f**k me, I'm famous!

I can't remember why my username is Ayia Napa Daz, but there was a reason behind it. It was probably a load of f**k anyway.

I like Deky Gallagher cause he lamped a c**t with a baseball bat and got away with. He seems like the kind of guy you people would really hate.

Was staying with a friend near Shanghai who had a serious dose of mongering and yellow fever. He introduced me to P&B and suggested I sign up for the banter. It plumped for 'TighteJohn McVeigh is a tit' over 'Nae flaps' as it seemed an appropriate gesture for the friend and a tip of the hat to the ladies of the East (Asia, not Dundee).

The pic is Nana Plaza in Bangkok, I was there on business (Bangkok, not Nana Plaza) a while back and the picture just seemed appropriate for the name. Some place that Nana Plaza!

It's the name of a Lamb of God song that I love. I use it on other forums so just went for the same here. Avatar is Dave Mustaine from Megadeth headbanging. I couldnt be bothered with my old avatar so changed it and have no desire to change it again.

I create the username P45 on an old Thistle forum to voice my displeasure at Gerry Collins still being employed at PTFC.

I was lazy and I just used the same name on here.

I don't like it tbh.

My avatar is me on a Saturday night up at Oran Mor.

User name should be obvious. Read the board for a long time before I started to post.

The avatar shows Republika Srpska's answer to Jeremy Paxman kidding on that he is shooting himself on air over the signing of the Vance-Owen peace plan. He later wound up drowned in a reservoir in mysterious circumstances after he started to lambaste Slobodan Milosevic.

I use milton just about everywhere online. Think the now defunct (because some people at Soma are grade-A pussies) slamboard was the first place I used it as a username. Either that or the old BBC FansForum boards that eventually got merged with 606 then shut down altogether.

Can't remember why I chose it. I think it was because I saw the name very frequently in close succession and it stuck. I'd been reading Paradise Lost and also watched Office Space at the same time back in around 2001. I also regularly got the number 75 bus to work. It said Milton on the front of it.

The avatar is of a comic character I like.

Archived