Refereeing

Was at lochar vs abbeyvale today and witnessed the worse reffing I have ever seen. Not sure if Richard Osborne still has anything to do with league but he was was 5 yards from me and also witnessed it these young refs need to start growing up a bit and letting a man talk to them. A lochar player kicked the ball away got booked then vale player did same but refs response was I can't book him he didn't kick it away as far. Lochar then we're through on goal to make it 3-3 and striker was taken down from behind but ref somehow only managed a yellow card don't get me wrong vale were also were on wrong end of couple decisions but the ref seemed to just let things go with them. No consistentsy whatsoever. Maybe he just had an off day like humans do still young and hopefully will learn.

Was at lochar vs abbeyvale today and witnessed the worse reffing I have ever seen. Not sure if Richard Osborne still has anything to do with league but he was was 5 yards from me and also witnessed it these young refs need to start growing up a bit and letting a man talk to them. A lochar player kicked the ball away got booked then vale player did same but refs response was I can't book him he didn't kick it away as far. Lochar then we're through on goal to make it 3-3 and striker was taken down from behind but ref somehow only managed a yellow card don't get me wrong vale were also were on wrong end of couple decisions but the ref seemed to just let things go with them. No consistentsy whatsoever. Maybe he just had an off day like humans do still young and hopefully will learn.

Must've been a bad day for refs then because I think the ref at the Wigtown v Heston game has put out a performance which is worthy of the "Worst Performance of All Time Award"!! 2 stone wall penalties should've been given to Heston and 3 offsides where Wigtown would've easily got goals... Add in the fact that 2 goals (one a piece) were offside and giving an offside then changing his mind for a goal and finally listening to shouts for offsides and fouls most of the time when he is about 20-30 yards from play and you've basically got the basics of what went wrong for the ref today!!

Great game though and Wigtown did deserve the win but Heston could have easily nicked it!! One word describes the actual game - Thriller!! One word for the refs performance - Diabolical!!

Went to watch ym v Crichton usually ym play at kingholm ,nobody there ,thinks maybe to switched to Crichton nobody there decided to go high school see if owt gan on ,who's playing? ym v Crichton if you can put the fixtures of supposedly top league in the area could you please let us know where the games are

This happened a few weeks back with the ref at mids v uppers, booked an uppers player for shirt pulling, the same happened with a mids player! No booking!!! Ref said it was just a little tug! Poor and very inconsistent

Hi Prodigy all in your opinion ?????obviously you will be correct but surely would have been a pish game if ref had got all

Correct!!!!!

I have to disagree mate. There were a number of people (from both sides) that agreed with the decisions being very poor!! The mistakes I mentioned were ones that others had said to me and I agreed with!! You could add the fact about 10 more booking could've been handed out for dissent but tbf the ref was very bad and the players had a point - they still shouldn't be saying that sort of stuff!!

Anyway, Wigtown lost their heads after the ref got bad and subsequently conceded 3 goals to put them 4-3 down!!

As for getting them all correct... The referee at the last game between the two sides got basically every decision right and it was still a bloody exciting game!! Wigtown v Heston is always a great match so it wouldn't have been a boring one if the ref got them all right... But it might have ended 30 minutes earlier and with a couple of reds too

YMCA v Crichton had a great ref in my opinion , don't know him he let the game flow and treated players like men talked to players throughout the game

Aye the ref was Scott Jamieson!! If I remember right he won the Ref of the Year award at the Leagues Award Ceremony in April!! We had him last weekend and there could be no complaints about him tbh

Scott Jamieson is by far the best ref in the league all the players seem to have great respect for him even if he does get a couple decisions wrong but that's cause he shows players respect and talks to players in a good manner unlike some of the younger ones that ref the game with cards and attitude

these young refs need to start growing up a bit and letting a man talk to them.

You could add the fact about 10 more booking could've been handed out for dissent but tbf the ref was very bad and the players had a point - they still shouldn't be saying that sort of stuff!!

So the referee needs to grow up and let men talk to him but on the other hand he could have booked 10 of them for dissent and for stuff they shouldn't be saying.

Is it any wonder there are some referees that don't want to "talk" to players when they are constantly challenged, harassed, shouted at, sworn at etc. Maybe it's the players and managers that need to grow up bit and learn how to talk to people.

Scott Jamieson is by far the best ref in the league all the players seem to have great respect for him even if he does get a couple decisions wrong but that's cause he shows players respect and talks to players in a good manner unlike some of the younger ones that ref the game with cards and attitude

Without a doubt!! He also seems to have a bit of a laugh with some players so all in all a very good ref... Not often he makes that many mistakes either tbh

So the referee needs to grow up and let men talk to him but on the other hand he could have booked 10 of them for dissent and for stuff they shouldn't be saying.

Is it any wonder there are some referees that don't want to "talk" to players when they are constantly challenged, harassed, shouted at, sworn at etc. Maybe it's the players and managers that need to grow up bit and learn how to talk to people.

Well that's the difference between a good referee and a bad one... Scott Jamieson could've ended up with a riot on his hands last weekend but he kept everyone calm and on the straight and narrow... Jim Thompson yesterday walked onto the park and was ordering players about - no respect for the players on the park so obviously they are going to show no respect back!!

If the referees were all like Scott Jamieson I think we would have far less cards for dissent handed out!! Simple as that...

Seen the worst penalty decision ever today given for Lochar against the Nithsdale goalie. Goalie comes to the edge of his box to challenge a Lochar player to a bouncing through ball, keeper punched ball away (gets ball first) and his body momentum takes him into the Lochar player -- Ref Jimmy Thompson (most unfit ref in the League by the way) gives a penalty against the keeper and then books him !!!

Lochar scored from the penalty to clinch the game at 3.1 -- what is happening to these Refs ? has it become a non contact sport ? Unbelieveable

As I posted in the Junior thread, I'd urge all club officials, players, fans, coaches to get along to a referee class with their local association, get their certificate and referee a few amateur games before hurling abuse at the man in the middle for 90 minutes on a Saturday.

Archived