Kickstarter - 80s Football Manager for IOS/Android by Kevin Toms

Red_Dwarf_Posse

Hi Everyone

Was going through my Kickstarter App last night and came across this Kickstarter by Kevin Toms. The creator of 1980's Football Manager. He has a campaign to bring the game to a new audience and medium. As I sunk hours in to that game as a kid, I felt it was only right that I pledged and also tried to get it as much exposure as I can.

Have a read: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1488757895/football-manager-1980s-rewrite-by-its-creator-kevi

I feel compelled to donate, I loved this game when I was younger. Its only got a modest budget as well so hopefully it should meet the threshold.

Edit

For only £149 New Zealand Dollars (About £65) you can , "Be one of the Managers in every game. Each copy will have 63 opposing managers. You will have your name (polite only :) coded into the game as one of the opposing managers".

• 1 month later...

Only just noticed this or I'd have pledged (despite not having a bloody smartphone). I can only assume this wasn't very well publicised as I'd have thought there'd be a ton of middle-aged men willing to chuck a few quid Kevin Toms' way (just like the old days).

Doesn't help that the screenshots he chose to use look awful, of course.

Was he not "close" to finishing it about five years ago?

There was a feature about him in a recent issue of Retro Gamer magazine; need to dig it out and see what he's up to these days.

Going by the old days, I'm guessing a catalogue model for comfortable sweaters :P

I think a slightly modernised version of Sensible Soccer could have its place these days, as Fifa gets more and more realistic, the simplicity coupled with nostalgia would appeal to folk. They released a version for the PS2 and XBox back in around 2005, I remember, but it was a half-finished mess.

Archived