Match of the Day #13

Grim O'Grady

We unfortunately had to make changes to a winning formula. City did enough but no more. They looked like a team happy to draw. 1 lucky break is all they needed & that's that. The league is a bit more harder to win.

Grimbo

They got a lucky break against us as well. So we just scored 4 ... :P

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We unfortunately had to make changes to a winning formula. City did enough but no more. They looked like a team happy to draw. 1 lucky break is all they needed & that's that. The league is a bit more harder to win.

Grimbo

post-12982-0-53268400-1444520836.jpg

Enjoyed the game yesterday at the Commonwealth Stadium.

Both teams fairly even.

Felt as though Spartans came for the 0-0 in my opinion until City went down to 10 men.

City were solid defensively throughout

I take it you must have missed it when we rattled their bar then? Neither goalie had much to do because City where happy for a draw knowing we needed the win. They put 2 sometimes 3 men on our top striker, to snuff out any chances.

Not bitter, But their boys certainly weren't out on the park to entertain us.

Grimbo

I take it you must have missed it when we rattled their bar then? Neither goalie had much to do because City where happy for a draw knowing we needed the win. They put 2 sometimes 3 men on our top striker, to snuff out any chances.

Grimbo

So,

a team played for a draw and got a win and a team came for a win and got a defeat?

Grimbo

Was an alright game for a neutral, been twice. City have won both 1-0 haha.

Overheard someone saying that the stadium is being demolished at end of season. Not sure how true that is.

Grim, presume you did highlights. I missed the goal haha.

Was an alright game for a neutral, been twice. City have won both 1-0 haha.

Overheard someone saying that the stadium is being demolished at end of season. Not sure how true that is.

Grim, presume you did highlights. I missed the goal haha.

I wish I did too haha.

Will do them tomorrow.

Grimbo

''Not bitter, But their boys certainly weren't out on the park to entertain us''

Grim, Genuine question here, did your team entertain you on Saturday and if so how.

Depends whether you think I'm in to pseudo masochism?

There were a couple of highlights but the real question you need to ask is...

Did your team set up/out to spoil for a draw? You'd have thought you were the away team, all 11 of your players defending each corner. 3 men on our star striker.

I'll wait.

Grimbo

Depends whether you think I'm in to pseudo masochism?

There were a couple of highlights but the real question you need to ask is...

Did your team set up/out to spoil for a draw? You'd have thought you were the away team, all 11 of your players defending each corner. 3 men on our star striker.

I'll wait.

Grimbo

Put all the footage on without an edit grim and let the public decide.

Do you know how long it takes to edit this stuff, then choose the right backing tracks then I have to save the project in the appropriate format then I have to upload it to YouTube. I'm working on it now. I think people get bored if it's over 20 mins. I know I do. Not sure if I can stretch this footage that far tbh.

Grimbo

not much of an answer to my question Grim but I expectd that,

I don't think I've ever heard any managers I've played for say'' right lads lets play for a draw''. You can question the tactics of City all you want but it got us another 3 points. A hard working team that never gives up that's what you have.

Questions YOU should be asking

Did you score from a corner - No

Did your top scorer score - No

What team started with 2 strikers if they were playing for a draw Spartans? - No

If City had three players around one of your players surely that meant there was space elsewhere did you use this to your advantage - Obviously Not

Grim moaning because things aren't going ''The Spartans'' way - A big fat YES

I wait for no man

Do you know how long it takes to edit this stuff, then choose the right backing tracks then I have to save the project in the appropriate format then I have to upload it to YouTube. I'm working on it now. I think people get bored if it's over 20 mins. I know I do. Not sure if I can stretch this footage that far tbh.

Grimbo

Appreciate that grim, just meant if people could see the whole thing ( in this instance) they'd be able to see

I don't think I've ever heard any managers I've played for say'' right lads lets play for a draw''. You can question the tactics of City all you want but it got us another 3 points. A hard working team that never gives up that's what you have.

What team started with 2 strikers if they were playing for a draw Spartans? - No

If City had three players around one of your players surely that meant there was space elsewhere did you use this to your advantage - Obviously Not

I wait for no man

Agree with the "3 players on the striker" scenario and tbh i dont think the City gaffer or any other gaffer would say "i want 3 men on him" ive heard of man marking and doubling up but a trio? None of The Spartans strikers are that good to have 3 men on him i wouldnt even say Spartans have that good a striker that he would need to be man marked! The Spartans strikers are small and if you have big Mbu breathing down your neck i dont think man marking would be essential!

End of the day City picked up the 3 points Spartans didnt have it in them to win the game City played with 10 men for the majority of the 2nd half and still Spartans couldnt capitalise also if 3 men did man mark the striker when City had 10 men just goes to show Spartans never did much!

I wait for no man

What do you want, I tell you what, why don't you write what you want me to say & then you'll be happy. Obviously you only want to listen to your own opinion.

Whilst I wait for you to tell me what you want to hear let me just remind you of what I've seen, every match bar Preston & yous we've been attacking & entertaining. We drew & lost against the 2 dullest teams in the league FACT. You are the old Arsenal of the LL.

Grimbo

Defo need to put the footage on now grim. We need to see it.

I'm with Davy gal on this one though, Can't see the champions setting up for a draw, particularly when their LL record in the last two seasons is P39 W33 D3 L3. Doesn't imply a team looking to just avoid defeat.

Often hard to watch a game with a neutral way of analysing it as both grim and EC by nature are showing.

Im neutral but to say 3 men where marking there star striker is a but far fetched no striker in the LL is that good to have not 1 not 2 but 3 !!! Marking him fucking Messi doesnt even have 3 marking him and tbh judging by everyone of Grims comments in the past his biased comments for Spartans can sometimes be comedy! I highly doubt the current lowland champions are going to go out for a draw when they have East Kilbride breathing down there necks i think they would want maximum points to stay clear from EK you can call City "the arsenal of the league" or boring or whatever but there the current champions for a reason and favourites to win the league again and they are by far the most organised set up team in the league with very good players i can see them winning back to back titles anyway EK are the only team to stop them in my view

every match bar Preston & yous we've been attacking & entertaining.

We drew & lost against the 2 dullest teams in the league FACT. You are the old Arsenal of the LL.

Grimbo

I wonder what description you are gonna apply to that other team you lost to this season ???? ^_^

You know the one - that's one you went off on a jolly afterwards and didn't get around to put up the highlights for us to enjoy !! :P

Archived