Match of the Day #13

Grim O'Grady

What I saw (and I have City tinted glasses of course) is the one team that had Dunn, See and Allum starting, who are not normally players found at the back, with McDonald and Caddow going up and down the wings and another team happy to lump the ball up the pitch.

But if we're boring and we beat Spartans every time we're boring, I can live with that.

post-12982-0-55007400-1444683180_thumb.j

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grim, its an open forum so you can say what your like but it certainly sounds as if a grown man has just had a tantrum.

You carry on making stupid comments and making an arse of yourself but as Surely Not said " so a team played for a draw and got a win and a team came for a win and got a defeat" must be the quote of the millennium after another daft comment by you.

I see your latest rant is now calling City dull but in the same sentence you put" every match bar Preston & yous we've been attacking & entertaining" so according to you Spartans were not entertaining on Saturday can I dare suggest would that make you dull then.

I'm happy picking up 3 points every week irrespective how we play as we can't be brilliant every week, if Spartans were winning ugly at times and top of the league I doubt you would complain because its a sign of champions.

Grim, its an open forum so you can say what your like but it certainly sounds as if a grown man has just had a tantrum.

You carry on making stupid comments and making an arse of yourself but as Surely Not said " so a team played for a draw and got a win and a team came for a win and got a defeat" must be the quote of the millennium after another daft comment by you.

I see your latest rant is now calling City dull but in the same sentence you put" every match bar Preston & yous we've been attacking & entertaining" so according to you Spartans were not entertaining on Saturday can I dare suggest would that make you dull then.

I'm happy picking up 3 points every week irrespective how we play as we can't be brilliant every week, if Spartans were winning ugly at times and top of the league I doubt you would complain because its a sign of champions.

Correct

Selkirk?

He's talking about Gretna 08 obviously but i was sharing their wee gantry with their filmer, it was a much smaller gantry than ours, so I stood back & allowed him to get the best shots, thinking they mut publish their own footage, it would be daft showing the exact same footage, so I never published.

Selkirk I did publish & I dare anyone to say that was a dull game?

Grimbo

Davey G (10),

Now you've seen the highlights surely you can see that every time the ball went near Aguero Murrell (9) there was either 3 players on him or he was fouled. Now maybe that was just coincidence or maybe it was a tactic, surely City have had their scouts watching us so new what the danger areas are?

How many of the other top teams in our League have every player back to defend a corner?

Of the 2 keepers who was the busiest? Neither I hear you say & rightly so, now go back to the highlights & look where the majority of the ball was in play, I'm sure you'll agree that the majority was in the City 1/2. Admittedly closer to the 1/2 way line but that was because we struggled to break down the City defensive system.

City's goal was against the run of play & yes it was to be expected cos City were down to 10 men but it wasn't that much different in the 1st 1/2 when they had 11 players behind the ball?

Grimbo

Davey G (10),

Now you've seen the highlights surely you can see that every time the ball went near Aguero Murrell (9) there was either 3 players on him or he was fouled. Now maybe that was just coincidence or maybe it was a tactic, surely City have had their scouts watching us so new what the danger areas are?

How many of the other top teams in our League have every player back to defend a corner?

Of the 2 keepers who was the busiest? Neither I hear you say & rightly so, now go back to the highlights & look where the majority of the ball was in play, I'm sure you'll agree that the majority was in the City 1/2. Admittedly closer to the 1/2 way line but that was because we struggled to break down the City defensive system.

City's goal was against the run of play & yes it was to be expected cos City were down to 10 men but it wasn't that much different in the 1st 1/2 when they had 11 players behind the ball?

Grimbo

Like i said in previous comments Grim no player in the LL is that good to be man marked by 3 players also City played a back 3 so to have ALL 3 man marking Murrell that would open up soooo much space for other Spartans players to exploit especially there wingers now it might seem that way but like i said no manager would man mark a player with 3 players especially playing a flat back 3 ofcourse City would have done there homework the majority of teams in the LL send out a scout to watch the games to see how they set up and who are the danger men Murrell was quiet as a mouse against City did City make him quiet? Who knows he might have just had a quiet game he was on a form of goals had to end somewhere the game wasnt filled with great football being played and Spartans tried the long ball all the time which never worked Spartans had more of the chances than City did granted but chances dont win games goals do and City played basically the whole 2nd half with 10 men now a back 3 with 9 players on the field and Spartans still couldnt score or win the game City do have a solid defence as shown in the highlights and they were missing Mbu aswell end of the day teams scrape wins and it shows why City are Champions Man United done it scraping through games Spartans played the better stuff had more chances than City did but City won and tbh fucknoes why Spartans keeper came out to try and punch the ball away he would of had more of a chance staying in the 6 yard box

Yeah I get that win mentality even when playing below par. But they started off below par, it was like We where the home team, they knew we needed to win to make it a level playing field for the final run in, if they won or drew they still had the upper hand. Which they have now, they know we have to beat Kilby too which helps their cause.

Young Blair is only 18 he's bound to make mistakes & to keep 100% concentration where he had very little to do was inevitable that 1 mistake cost us the game. I could make plenty excuses like had we had Granty, Wardy & Beezer available or if Bremner wasn't still on his walkabout. But no point.

I don't think either of us are going to see things differently so let's beg to differ.

Good luck to City but it will run out & we will be ready. Haha.

Grimbo

Yeah I get that win mentality even when playing below par. But they started off below par, it was like We where the home team, they knew we needed to win to make it a level playing field for the final run in, if they won or drew they still had the upper hand. Which they have now, they know we have to beat Kilby too which helps their cause.

Young Blair is only 18 he's bound to make mistakes & to keep 100% concentration where he had very little to do was inevitable that 1 mistake cost us the game. I could make plenty excuses like had we had Granty, Wardy & Beezer available or if Bremner wasn't still on his walkabout. But no point.

I don't think either of us are going to see things differently so let's beg to differ.

Grimbo

Grim, Gretna put all players back at corners too mate.

Maybe time to stop digging Grim. I hope yer man Simps that was going on about the poor souls at WW has the decency to feel embarrassed for ye :lol:

Maybe you've no noticed but you're behind WW and EK and Stirling or Stirly as you call them have 2 games in hand.

Yet you're still arrogant enough to think that City are just keeping it warm for you :eek:

Grimbo

I agree with the missing of players where is john and jack? Are they both injured? Both good players who are defo a miss for Spartans but Spartans do have players who can slot in when there not there Spartans dont have any bad players or mediocre players all there players are good players but agree also Spartans can do City a favour by beating EK but there a good side aswell Smith uptop for them in my view is the best striker in the league very good finisher and the boy McBride in the middle is an excellent player hopefully Spartans can beat them because tbh Grim i think you would want the LL title to stay in the capital lol great video highlights none the less i allways look forward to watching your highlights from games

Spartans dont have any bad players or mediocre players all there players are good players but agree also Spartans can do City a favour by beating EK but there a good side aswell Smith uptop for them in my view is the best striker in the league very good finisher and the boy McBride in the middle is an excellent player hopefully Spartans can beat them

DG if Uni of Stirling win their games in hand they go only 6 behind city and level wi EK as much as you like both teams ?

Of course ww could dampen the uni spirits on Saturday but it's no quite a 2 horse race yet, I personally thought it might be as well by the way so I'm happy that the league is still a wee bit competitive for now ;)

As ttb said if city get a wee run similar to Spartans last season in the cup then it could be ALL to play for in league though city gotta be odds on at this stage :o

Edited cause I canny count :D

DG if Uni of Stirling win their games in hand they go only 6 behind city and level wi EK as much as you like both teams ?

Of course ww could dampen the uni spirits on Saturday but it's no quite a 2 horse race yet, I personally thought it might be as well by the way so I'm happy that the league is still a wee bit competitive for now ;)

As ttb said if city get a wee run similar to Spartans last season in the cup then it could be ALL to play for in league though city gotta be odds on at this stage :o

Edited cause I canny count :D

Thats IF they win there games in hand but in my view the league is a two horse race between City and EK one of the 2 will win the league and il be back on here come the end of the season to say "told ya" lol

Thats IF they win there games in hand but in my view the league is a two horse race between City and EK one of the 2 will win the league and il be back on here come the end of the season to say "told ya" lol

I reckon it will all come down to our rearranged Threave away fixture at the end of the season (unless it gets slotted in before then)?

Newky n me can't or won't accept either of our seaaon's are just about the Cups from now on.

Grimbo

Ive said elsewhere before that EK and City are the teams to beat every man and his dug kens that so don't need yer told ye so comments :D ? IF we win Saturday guess where our next league game is maybes might get wee bit recognition then ?
I reckon it will all come down to our rearranged Threave away fixture at the end of the season (unless it gets slotted in before then)?Newky n me can't or won't accept either of our seaaon's are just about the Cups from now on. Grimbo
Grim I'm just happy wi the way our season going after amount of criticism the manager and team got. I think we are far from title challengers as don't think our squad is strong enough especially when we letting players go. Every manager gonnae have that problem though wi bigger squads and players spitting dummies oot ? As I said very happy wi the position we are in at present and think there are many twists and turns to happen yet. It's a good league to be in. P.S bit sarcastic and disrespectful to Threave there !

Ive said elsewhere before that EK and City are the teams to beat every man and his dug kens that so don't need yer told ye so comments :D ? IF we win Saturday guess where our next league game is maybes might get wee bit recognition then ? Grim I'm just happy wi the way our season going after amount of criticism the manager and team got. I think we are far from title challengers as don't think our squad is strong enough especially when we letting players go. Every manager gonnae have that problem though wi bigger squads and players spitting dummies oot ? As I said very happy wi the position we are in at present and think there are many twists and turns to happen yet. It's a good league to be in. P.S bit sarcastic and disrespectful to Threave there !

I'll take the disrespectful but I wasn't being sarcastic. Who knows they might be giant killers come the fixture. If so the. I'll be hat eating & rueing their pitch was unplayable last month.

Grimbo

I'll take the disrespectful but I wasn't being sarcastic. Who knows they might be giant killers come the fixture. If so the. I'll be hat eating & rueing their pitch was unplayable last month.

Grimbo

Certainly think they'll be in better shape then than they would have been when you were due to play them grim but skin seems to have his work cut out. I thought there'd be a wee uplift in fortunes with his arrival but I'd argue they've done worse.

Archived