World cup 2018 campaign

On 01/08/2016 at 21:16, Bully Di Villa said:

I'd quite fancy coming up for a Scotland Friday night game and watching Clyde on the Saturday. No idea why the lower divisions have to break for internationals?

In fairness, they use those weekends for Challenge cup games. Not going to help you see Clyde obviously :lol: 

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at least you wrote it like it should be Random, shock the Glasgow Media call him "U21 and Manchester Utd Star"..........Why do they always use the word star as if it to try and make it sound better than it is?? How exactly is he a star?

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Andy Robertson and Snodgrass are playing excellent against the English Champions today.

Snodgrass will be a key player for us, hopefully stays fit.

Ssshhhh  stop being so positive on here you will attract foruranus.

Agreed they did look very good today and robertson is looking very strong and athletic, 2 very good attack minded players when the system allows them to that is.

On 8/13/2016 at 16:06, kenny131 said:

Ssshhhh  stop being so positive on here you will attract foruranus.

Agreed they did look very good today and robertson is looking very strong and athletic, 2 very good attack minded players when the system allows them to that is.

Oh stop it you big tease, about to crack a stauner over you here.  Probably would've managed it if it wasn't for your absolutely dreadful patter.

On 8/13/2016 at 14:18, sergie's no1 fan said:

Andy Robertson and Snodgrass are playing excellent against the English Champions today.

Snodgrass will be a key player for us, hopefully stays fit.

Snodgrass did look very good - absolutely gutting that he got that injury last season, case of what could have been had we had that kind of player in the team regularly.  First pick for us now I imagine.

With the game against Malta coming up, I would be looking at a starting line up of:

....................Marshall...................

Hutton....Martin....Hanley....Robertson 

...............McArthur..Fletcher.............

Burke..........Snodgrass..........Ritchie

....................Fletcher........................

Barry Bannan has been among the best midfielders in the Championship for over a year now, and had another standout performance at the weekend. Whilst we have options playing at a higher level, Bannan has probably enjoyed the best and most consistent run of from.

I'd far rather see him included than this two defensive midfielders + three wingers thing that would put us under constant pressure while we fail to keep hold of the ball.

With the game against Malta coming up, I would be looking at a starting line up of:

....................Marshall...................

Hutton....Martin....Hanley....Robertson 

...............McArthur..Fletcher.............

Burke..........Snodgrass..........Ritchie

....................Fletcher........................

Good choice, I think. Only change for me would be Bannan rather than Ritchie.

I'd quite fancy coming up for a Scotland Friday night game and watching Clyde on the Saturday. No idea why the lower divisions have to break for internationals?

Hmm.. I've done this a few times. Scotland v Ireland on the Friday night and we conveniently had Albion Rovers in Coatbridge the next day..

Definitely no games on? Think there might just be the Challenge Cup ones, dunno how you've got on so far in that competition though... ;)

25 minutes ago, Bully Di Villa said:

I expect he's considered too short for the fairly "industrial" game that we like to play.

Probably same reason he left Villa.

Actually Strachan was getting pelters on here for giving him a few games but he performed well enough for Scotland.

So we have McArthur,Brown,Fletcher,Bannan,Morrison. Adam & McLean with outside shots. McGinn (possibly one for the future) all competing for the central positions. I've probably missed a couple of obvious ones.

I think Strachan might try and squeeze Anya in. 

Naismith is another I think is pretty much done, but we'll see plenty of him.

If anyone deserves to be playing its Anya, I think we've looked poor every time he's been missing. The decision not to start him in Dublin was a costly one too I think. He just gives us that out ball, also when Fletcher or McCormack are up front they've got the quality to play him in. See Czech away and Germany away, a key player I'd say, atleast away from home.

28 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Season tickets just arrived, surely it would be a good idea if it was a card they gave you instead of 60 tickets in total.

I've never understood that.  Thistle, with an approach to stadium tech that  can be described as patchy as best, manage to operate an automatic ticket barrier successfully.

We go to Hampden and we still have to deal with huge paper tickets torn up by someone in a booth.  At least if they spent some of our money on that, we could at least have some evidence of it going to good use.

Archived