Unluckiest Football Nation in world.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The more I practice, the luckier I get" - Ben Hogan

While Napoleon said "I'd rather have a lucky general than a good general" I think actually being able to do the basic football skills correctly might be a bloody start.

Our national team is much older than most of our opponents, the rest of them seem to be bringing through young guys who will be there for years to come, or at least ready to play.

We have guys like McCarthur only getting a real chance when they turn 28

Poor development from school up is not bad luck. Its lack of planning, this affects our professional game and it affects public health (not enough young people getting into sport in general and not just football).

Unlucky? We've taken 0 points from an under par Germany (Rep Ire and Poland managed 4 and 3 respectively) and only 3 points from a poor Georgia team (Rep Ire and Poland took 6 each). We are terrible and the honest truth is we would have lowered the quality of the finals with how we play.

Unlucky my fucking c**t. There are multiple teams who are worse footballing sides than us Northern Ireland,Republic Ireland,Iceland fucking Wales. Are all in with a shout of qualifying. It's all down to having the bottle to win. We have become a nation of losers for whatever reason we have no fucking bottle

Guest DAVIDB69

we are really unfit our fitness levels are way lower than even the likes of both irelands.

you saw the likes of brown breathing out his arse after 25 minutes.

even s fletcher is a good stone heavier than he was a few years ago, he was absolutely sweating after a similar time

Unlucky my fucking c**t. There are multiple teams who are worse footballing sides than us Northern Ireland,Republic Ireland,Iceland fucking Wales. Are all in with a shout of qualifying. It's all down to having the bottle to win. We have become a nation of losers for whatever reason we have no fucking bottle

How many of those teams have we beaten recently? Would you fancy us to win a play-off against any of them?

This... we are a nation of shitebags

Poor development from school up is not bad luck. Its lack of planning, this affects our professional game and it affects public health (not enough young people getting into sport in general and not just football).

Agree...

But there is never any consequences. The SFA trundle on

Archived