Next Scotland manager

~~~

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ready to duck here but...Souness?

I'd let McInnes go to take on the national side. But at the end of the day I can't see past Strachan, despite all of......this.

Genuinely curious to find out if anyone believes Strachan is the reason we didn't qualify. Who would have achieved us a more successful campaign?

^very much this.

Genuinely curious to find out if anyone believes Strachan is the reason we didn't qualify. Who would have achieved us a more successful campaign?

Honestly think he has made some odd bordering bizarre decisions from Gibraltar onwards.....but i cant see anyone who we could afford /who would want job who is a genuinely better option.....

I know he's hardly covered himself in glory since leaving Everton, but would Moyes possibly be available? He seems to be on thin ice at Sociedad, and might not last too long there. If he does go, he's going to potentially struggle for new jobs, unless he's willing to go to the likes of Sunderland/Newcastle. If not, would he possibly be interested in being Scotland manager? Long shot, and his past couple of years would make me hesitant to make the appointment, but he'd be a decent option.

"Keep Strachan"

I think he'll walk from it. No matter how you tart this up, he's failed. Yes he's got us playing better but that isn't enough for Scotland. We need and want qualification to major tournaments and we want it now, yesterday if preferable. What I'm saying is, the Scotland job is such a poisoned chalice that, realistically, very few can achieve greatness from.

Who do we get if he goes? Fook knows. I wouldn't mind him staying. I honestly don't know anyone, realistically, that we could have appointed and done better but like I said I can see him walking.

It is brutal supporting Scotland. Another pish campaign looms I reckon. What makes this worse is that all the home nations look likely to be in France except us.

I know he's hardly covered himself in glory since leaving Everton, but would Moyes possibly be available? He seems to be on thin ice at Sociedad, and might not last too long there. If he does go, he's going to potentially struggle for new jobs, unless he's willing to go to the likes of Sunderland/Newcastle. If not, would he possibly be interested in being Scotland manager? Long shot, and his past couple of years would make me hesitant to make the appointment, but he'd be a decent option.

What about Moyes would make you think he could rouse our squad to achieve qualification? He's a very unspectacular manager IMO.

Would love to be bookmarked for two years time when we've pipped England to 1st place in the WC group with Moyes St the helm but I can't see it happening in a million years

Archived