Should Strachan Go?

DeeTillEhDeh

No way. After some of the shite we've put up with over the last 10 years Strachan has brought pride and belief back to following Scotland. I have 100% faith in Strachan. I fully expect him to get the World Cup qualifiers at the very least.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way. After some of the shite we've put up with over the last 10 years Strachan has brought pride and belief back to following Scotland. I have 100% faith in Strachan. I fully expect him to get the World Cup qualifiers at the very least.

Did you see the Georgia game?

I would go as far as to say that was the worst Scotland performance I've ever seen.

Right when it mattered too. That was worse than all the other shite in the last ten years for me.

He has to go and I'm fairly confident he will tender his resignation on Monday.

He has to go or it's the same players again.

The team will have a bit of a30 something dads army feel in the next campaign

Who would you pick instead? We're not exactly bursting with world class players for Strachan to pick. He's got a pretty limited group to pick from and work with.

I'm with you and Gordon all the way, (Unless Sir Alex becomes restless)!

I'm with you and Gordon all the way, (Unless Sir Alex becomes restless)!

I can imagine him sitting watching bargain hunt with a bowl if murray mints and thinking "yas, i'd much rather have the chance to rile those p&b f*ckers instead"

Did you see the Georgia game?

I would go as far as to say that was the worst Scotland performance I've ever seen.

Right when it mattered too. That was worse than all the other shite in the last ten years for me.

He has to go and I'm fairly confident he will tender his resignation on Monday.

It was a horrible performance, but then who do we put in his place that can get much better out of the same group of players? We need to be realistic, we have a pool of very ordinary players to pick from at the moment and it would take someone very special to get much better out of them. Strachans done the best he can with a pretty crappy hand, I just don't see who else can do a better job out of the current crop of managerial candidates.

I can imagine him sitting watching bargain hunt with a bowl if murray mints and thinking "yas, i'd much rather have the chance to rile those p&b f*ckers instead"

Exactly.

At the end of the day I'm happy for Strachan to get a shot at the next qualifiers but on the outside chance that 'he' fancies it??

Finishing behind Southern Ireland is grounds for sacking yes,Time for him to move on with his bizarre team selections.

Time to find someone who will bring the younger players through earlier, its not like we risk not qualifying by playing them.

Southern Ireland isn't actually a thing y'know... So I doubt they have a team.

It was a horrible performance, but then who do we put in his place that can get much better out of the same group of players? We need to be realistic, we have a pool of very ordinary players to pick from at the moment and it would take someone very special to get much better out of them. Strachans done the best he can with a pretty crappy hand, I just don't see who else can do a better job out of the current crop of managerial candidates.

Teams with worse squads on paper than ours will be in France next summer. Ireland squad is worse than ours IMO, yet they finished above us with a game to spare. Why? Because they've been managed better.

I always find the 'but who will come in' argument irrelevant when discussing anyone leaving any managerial role.

Someone will come in, the debate on who is for another day. Will he do better than Strachan? Maybe, maybe not. I'm fairly confident he won't do worse. My Gran could have managed Scotland to 4th place in this group.

The initial reaction is to call for everyone's head but I don't see Strachan carrying on.

It is easy to forget how bad we were under Levein and we were at least starting playing some good stuff and being hard to beat again. Unfortunately we left too many points on the board in the games that mattered. The two away draws in Poland and Ireland could have been converted into something more and we put on the classic plucky minnow display against Germany twice.

What annoys me more is the complacency against the lesser teams. The Georgia game is well discussed but the warning signs were there in the home match, not to mention the pisstake of a formation against Gibraltar and underwhelming friendly displays. Whilst those were petty things that didn't cost us. It's the little things like that built up to the Georgia bottle job. We lost that professionalism that Strachan started with and the standards dropped.

I don't think a radical overhaul is needed but a change in manager might be for the best. Hopefully it's someone who can get the best out of players in any game regardless of opposition, doesn't pick certain players regardless of club form or totally ignore players because they don't play for Celtic or down south.

That's pretty embarrassing for ourselves and Germany tbh.

Ireland lost and drew against us, if that's who you are referring to.

Deutschland, aye... Pretty embarrassing for that haunted hot mess of Schlampen.

I dunno, at first I thought he should stay, but on sober reflection, I think we may be seriously in the down just now.

And, this may be an opportunity to get someone else in. I dunno who - Walter Smith is looking for gainful employment :)

Let Walter enjoy his retirement. We don't need a firefighter, we need a progressive thinker; a new dawn.

Archived