Should Strachan Go?

DeeTillEhDeh

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure. The team came close to a win tonight, but this group of players have had a few goes at it and failed. That would tend to suggest they aren't good enough. If Strachan does stay, we definitely need to find some new talent from somewhere. I won't lose any sleep if he goes. He's your typical cagey Scottish manager who is pretty risk averse.

The issue with getting rid is the SFA will pick the replacement manager. That's where it'll all go wrong. Would you trust them to pick a winner?

For me, our World Cup qualifying group is pretty favourable, so we could be in with a chance. Hopefully we get a manager and team who can at least get to the runners up play-offs.

Guest DAVIDB69

Levein went after 24 games, strachan has had 24 games, strachan has won 1 more game than levein.

is that the progress we talk of under strachan

No. He's taken a headless bunch of chickens into an effective team. Until Georgia obviously. With the players we've got I couldn't imagine any other manager doing better. Totally fucking gutted mind. He'll probably lose interest and walk anyway.

Levein went after 24 games, strachan has had 24 games, strachan has won 1 more game than levein.

is that the progress we talk of under strachan

Comparing the record of international mangers is a bit stupid when they aren't playing the same teams and even if they are it's often years apart.

Our performances and results for the most part have been clearly much better.

We would be ten times better off getting someone to have a look at the structure of how we develop players from youth and up than another manager to be a hero after a couple of wins and a zero after a couple of defeats.

I think Strachan has done reasonably well but he has failed and needs to go.

Neither of my next two points are necessarily his fault but I'll make them anyway.

1 - I don't think he has made our defending any better. We have lost far too many sloppy goals.

2 - He hasn't brought any young players through.

This. Why should we carry on with someone who has had the best chance in years to qualify. Not saying we should have finished above poland or ireland but even beating one of them we'd still be in with a shout. He couldn't get us there. Give someone else a go as we know what we're getting under wgs. Stick with the same old players and bottle it against shite like georgia.

You know we did beat Ireland yeah??

I think we can bring in whoever we want and we'll still fail because the players aren't up to it.

A major overhaul is needed, starting with youth development. For that to happen big changes need to be made within the SFA, and I can't see it happening.

First team is an irrelevance now. We need to build from the youth sides and forget about the top side.

Looking to get far in a youth tournament would be the start. Then keep that setup and system from that side into the u20's and into the full side.

If we do well then our players will get signed by top clubs who will develop them.

Or we could just setup 4-5-1 with some haddies and just lose out. Again...then again...then again.

Guest DAVIDB69

the fitness of the team is shocking, quite a few games players have used scotland time to build up their fitness for club leavel.

too many not getting club games shows up as well

Archived