Superstitions

philpy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I refuse to play a team in Blue on FIFA the night before a Saints game. This goes back to 2009 when we lost to Livingston the day after playing Rangers on it.

Like Sonstream of 08, I'll wear the same clothes to the football if we won last time I wore it.

Guest bernardblack

Same clothes to the football must be a common one? I get called a weirdo for that.

I have to use the right set of stairs going into work, otherwise in my head I'll have a rubbish day at work.

That second one might be ridiculous

As far as I'm concerned, it's a bad omen for Brechin if the tide in the Montrose Basin is in when I pass enroute to the Glebe. Spring tide means a humping is on the cards. Tide fully out means we have a chance of winning.

Might have posted this before, but my Czech burd - usually level-headed - keeps a fucking fish scale in her purse. It's a thing over there apparently.

When pressed on the reason why, she replied "It's not a superstition, it's just good luck".

It's a Christmas tradition to have a fish scale under your plate for your dinner, and if you put it in your wallet it's supposed to bring you good fortune and more money.

Also, dogs go 'haf haf' and curiously, frogs go 'kwaa kwaa'.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a bad omen for Brechin if the tide in the Montrose Basin is in when I pass enroute to the Glebe. Spring tide means a humping is on the cards. Tide fully out means we have a chance of winning.

If you live in Aberdeen and watch Brechin regularly why not go down the A90 and miss the Montrose Basin? Unless you're referring to going to Links Park or Gayfield and I'm sure Brechin's record at both isn't bad...

I touch my penis every morning when I wake up. It's almost spiritual. If I don't do it, I fear the devil and his imps will appear and kill me, before dragging my soul to hell. The thought terrifies me.

I also touch wood when I mention that something bad might happen to me.

Same clothes to the football must be a common one? I get called a weirdo for that.

Thinking about it, I do this too. If the Rovers win, I'll try and have the same clothes on for the next game. Usually it's just one item, like a red t-shirt.

I touch my penis every morning when I wake up. It's almost spiritual. If I don't do it, I fear the devil and his imps will appear and kill me, before dragging my soul to hell. The thought terrifies me.

I also touch wood when I mention that something bad might happen to me.

Just an excuse to have a good w**k if you ask me.

I always try to put my underpants on before my trousers. Any time I have done it the wrong way round in the past bad things have happened to me. But it does make me feel like Superman.

It's a Christmas tradition to have a fish scale under your plate for your dinner, and if you put it in your wallet it's supposed to bring you good fortune and more money.

Also, dogs go 'haf haf' and curiously, frogs go 'kwaa kwaa'.

On consultation, you're spot on about the scale thing, and indeed, the dog thing. Not sure what animal I was thinking about that does consonant-laden noises.

Dekuji :)

I nod/salute magpies for good luck, f**k knows why actually. Seems utterly daft now that I type it out. Seems a wee comfort thing more than anything.

If I play in goals at football I'll kick both posts and jump and hang on the bar for a second, If I'm playing outfield any time I take a set piece I swipe my foot in front of the ball. Originally to clear anything that might affect my strike but its mostly a habit now.

My maw's mental for superstitions/old wives tales etc. If ye bang yer elbow ye've not to rub it cause its good luck to bang yer elbow but bad luck to rub it. If yer left palm itches ye've to scratch it on wood and it'll bring ye money. Dont put shoeboxes on the kitchen table. If an article of clothing is put on inside out its bad luck to take it off and put it on correctly. Dont walk under ladders. Breaking a mirror will be 7 years of bad luck. Yer nose being itchy means yer going to be angry.

A whole host of mental shit like that.

If you live in Aberdeen and watch Brechin regularly why not go down the A90 and miss the Montrose Basin? Unless you're referring to going to Links Park or Gayfield and I'm sure Brechin's record at both isn't bad...

Need to get the train / coach to Montrose to get the Brechin bus.

Passing the basin is a necessary evil.

Just remembered something I came up with on my own, if there's something I want to go my way i.e. a penalty score/miss I'll click my fingers just before the strike or whatever. Only comes off about half the time but I still do it.

Every shoe I own has to be re-laced exactly the same way before I can wear them.

Where the laces cross in the middle after threading through eyeholes the outside must cross over the inside,

every eyehole on every shoe left and right and the bit at the bottom must start underneath not over the eyeholes.

Not so bad you might say but I own 36 pairs of shoes that are all lined up identically laced.

I'll only use a locker at work that is a number used as a Racing drivers lucky one. I'll wear exactly the same clothes to a football match if we won the

Me too - I get pissed off if number 46 (Valentino Rossi) is either absent or taken. If the 33 (Marco Melandri) is also gone I really can't enjoy my swim/gym.

Archived