Superstitions

philpy

Was thinking about this at work this morning - when I'm Putting my work boots on, I always have to put the right boot on first, and when I'm wrapping or Banding materials, I always start on the left And finish on the right. If I do those things the other way round, I have an impeding fear that something will go wrong during the day. Anyone else on here superstitious, and what are your reasons for doing things a certain way??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I played football, I used to touch the edge of the D before kick off. Set a marker, don't go behind it (always did, right enough.)

In work, I don't tie my laces until I've got upstairs into the canteen. Fùck knows why tbh, probably laziness.

On the 1st day of every month I say and repeat "white rabbit" 12 times, and I must do it on 3 occasions before before 12 noon and I must say it twice in my head and then I will say it at normal speech ( usually in a private place) I really don't know why, but I have done this for as long as I can remember, all my life really.

Apart from that I am not superstitious at all

On the 1st day of every month I say and repeat "white rabbit" 12 times, and I must do it on 3 occasions before before 12 noon and I must say it twice in my head and then I will say it at normal speech ( usually in a private place) I really don't know why, but I have done this for as long as I can remember, all my life really.

Is this you??

post-7178-14443295361475_thumb.jpg

I just thought he was taking some pills that make him larger, and some that make him small. Fortunately the pills that mother gives him don't do anything at all.

Might have posted this before, but my Czech burd - usually level-headed - keeps a fucking fish scale in her purse. It's a thing over there apparently.

When pressed on the reason why, she replied "It's not a superstition, it's just good luck".

Not a superstition as such but always right foot or leg into anything first, socks, boxers, trousers, shoes, etc. Couldn't put my left leg in first or the world will stop spinning.

Might have posted this before, but my Czech burd - usually level-headed - keeps a fucking fish scale in her purse. It's a thing over there apparently.

When pressed on the reason why, she replied "It's not a superstition, it's just good luck".

It must be some size of a fucking purse?

post-31698-0-68458300-1444338659.jpg

Not a superstition as such but always right foot or leg into anything first, socks, boxers, trousers, shoes, etc. Couldn't put my left leg in first or the world will stop spinning.

Heh. You sound like my bird. Except you wear boxers. And you support Falkirk.

It must be some size of a fucking purse?

attachicon.giffish.jpg

Tis only a tiny scale. But going out with a foreign lassie opens you eyes to how utterly bonkers are European neighbours are.

Their cows don't say "moo", they say "boo". I'd tell you what their dogs say, but you can't actually express it in everyday letters.

Tis only a tiny scale. But going out with a foreign lassie opens you eyes to how utterly bonkers are European neighbours are.

Their cows don't say "moo", they say "boo". I'd tell you what their dogs say, but you can't actually express it in everyday letters.

Don't want to make myself out to be a Peta terrorist or anything but how is a fish scale lucky? 1 does it not stink?

2. No very lucky for the fish.

I've been thinking about your Czech Burd, next time you get her to howl like a Czech dug could you not record it on your phone? Then there must be some internet geek amongst us that can get said recording on here so we can all of a wig?

Or what about that YouTube thingy, aye film her howling & put it up for us.

Thanks in advance.

Grimbo

Leave it with me Grimbo (to do nothing of the sort!).

I'll try and find out about the fish scale thing though. Tbh, she'll probably have no idea. Much like I've no idea why people salute magpies or say rabbits and hares on the first day of the month (saying "12 rabbits" is definitely wrong Stawner Upper, you're doing more harm than good with that).

The woman in my life drives me mad with her superstitions.

I can't directly hand her a table knife, or any kind of knife - it has to be placed on the table or whatever then she can pick it up.

If she drops a glove it has to lie where it was dropped until some eejit like me comes along to pick it up for her.

If she puts on any article of clothing inside out, it just has to stay that way for the rest of the day. Apparently it's bad luck to take something off and turn it the right way round and put it back on again.

Even with all her crazy superstitions she has nothing but bad luck anyway.

When pressed on the reason why, she replied "It's not a superstition, it's just good luck". t

Might be Czech thing No?

Anyway, my wife always put a flower on the tree outside our house every morning before work.

When I played, I always put my socks in order , most of those years I played in goals, I would always kiss the ball before ko. kick both posts & spit on the penalty spot. & when we won or lost I kissed right back/left back/ two centre halfes before anyone. win or loss

EDA. Now Nothing

Forgein dogs say HOW HOW instead of woof woof

When I'm driving along a quick road with street lights I have to bite/clink my teeth as I pass through the diagonal point between them. Thought I was a bit mad but my best pal from uni days also had the same affliction so I'm not the only one.

The old walking over three drains used to bring much rage from the ex.

This is mine. I had an ex that used to get annoyed by it - fast forward a few years and I'm with a girl who indulges it to the extent that she avoids them too. She's fucking class 8):wub:

Archived