Benefit sanctions

Fide

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

If the universal basic income actually gets a fair whack, there'll only be a need for a service to help people use modern job-searching options. You'd assume that all the weans would leave school with tech skills, but you'd assume that about reading and writing too.

Good luck to Al on his future job, though, whoever he is.

AI is why UBI will be with us by 2027.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if we see UBI brought in en masse in the next decade but if it's led by Silicon Valley types it's going to be a pittance that barely staves off starvation and will be purely a means to stave off a revolt from a workforce pushed out by automation.

FALC for the future.

Why don't you try actually helping your clients by doing the bare minimum of research instead of telling them their only option is to spend the remainder of their lives rotting away on benefits. The following work initiative was setup by a guy with terminal cancer who refuses to fall in with your narrow views. The initiative is designed to pair people with terminal illnesses with businesses who will hire them and give their lives meaning. If you genuinely want to help your clients, send them this link to consider. If you can tear yourself away from constant ranting about how shite eveyone else is at their jobs and that only you are competent that is.
https://astriid.force.com/s/
That was my first post in this thread for months.

"Tear myself away"

You stupid c**t [emoji38]

Thanks to Jupe for resurrecting this thread.

Hopefully Oaksoft's been putting some thought into how best to enjoy the festivities this year. Furious keyboard bashing on Christmas morning just makes it seem like being Ubermensch isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Thanks to Jupe for resurrecting this thread.
Hopefully Oaksoft's been putting some thought into how best to enjoy the festivities this year. Furious keyboard bashing on Christmas morning just makes it seem like being Ubermensch isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I'd forgotten about that.

What an utterly tragic, empty existence he must have [emoji38]

On 12/19/2017 at 23:44, jupe1407 said:

They don't even seem to know how to kick off a claim properly here :lol:

My chat at the job centre went like:

DWP: "Are you a corporate appointee?"

Me: "No. Your boss OK'ed me coming in on the claimant's behalf to verify details"

DWP: "Why can't the claimant come in?"

Me: "The claimant is terminally ill"

DWP: "OK, on this occasion I'll take the documents, but the claimant will still need a home visit from a work coach to check  ID is correct and sign a claimant commitment"

Me: "Sorry, what? Exactly what type of work are you expecting someone with terminal cancer to look for?"

DWP: "I wouldn't worry, it'll be a formality. the claimant will also be contacted in three months time as a 'keeping in touch' procedure to see if there has been any change in circumstances"

Left it at that as we were getting nowhere fast, and put in a complaint to the guys manager who'd OKed the appointment in the first place, who eventually agreed to just send the claim for processing. The worst aspect of this is that it was for a Contributions-based benefit which we were initially told would be nothing to do with UC. 

It's a total clusterfuck. 

Three months time eh? I forsee a possible complication...

A recent case brought this thread to mind. Universal Credit went full service in our area a few weeks back. Needless to say it's been a f**k shambles of epic proportions. I had to represent one of my clients at a local Jobcentre and barely any of the staff have either been trained in it, or have a fucking clue what they're doing. Claims aren't being processed properly, there are issues with ID verification interviews, and I recently spent about 5 days trying to explain to several absolute welts at the DWP why my terminally ill client shouldn't have to undergo work-focussed interviews, before eventually getting a resolution. 
Foodbank referrals are through the roof, the Scottish Welfare fund are absolutely inundated. It seems quite incredible that in a supposedly advanced country, we've reduced thousands of people to pretty much beg for tins of spaghetti and short term grants. 

Would a DS1500 form from their GP not resolve this issue or does that not expedite things like I thought it did?

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah yeah, personal abuse blah blah blah.

When push comes to shove, are you going to have the decency to pass that website link on to your clients to help those who want to work or are you just another empty vessel?

You seem to be under the impression that all terminally ill people are unemployed, which even by your standards is pretty thick. Generally the majority of my clients (and this stat is generally reflected across other local authorities) are either over pension age, or under pension age, employed and obviously signed off sick because they are dying and/or undergoing chemotherapy. I'm sure even someone with your limited intelligence will know that you can't work elsewhere if you're GP has signed you off sick.

Displays of such limited intelligence are probably why you're stuck in a shit dead-end job, in case you're wondering. 

2 minutes ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Would a DS1500 form from their GP not resolve this issue or does that not expedite things like I thought it did?

It used to. Under the old system of ESA, it was simply a case of completing the initial claim form and posting off with a DS1500. It was processed within 10-14 days. For the case I mentioned above I had a DS1500 with me, and the claimant was still expected to go through all that. A greater concern is that no one at DWP seems to actually know what the process should be. We've had meetings with their regional liaison people, who have said that this shouldn't be happening, but haven't given us a definitive answer as to what should happen. 

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Not surprisingly, you have missed the point.

The intiative and the website linked to was created by a man suffering stage 4 terminal cancer. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything.

If I'd shown my wife that link she'd have thrown the fucking laptop at me.

When is a terminally ill patient ever finished with their treatment.

It was a days work for the wife when she brushed her teeth.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Am I? How fascinating. Where did I say that?

I was responding to your comment where you asked someone what job a terminally ill person was supposed to be capable of undertaking. I gave you a link to a website created by a terminally ill cancer patient to help other terminally ill patients find work IF THEY WANTED IT.

I have my answer though. You didnt read the link and you are not really interested in helping anyone. Just another online blowhard capable of nothing but personal abuse.

I read the link. Did you?

It's an interesting website, but nowhere does it mention "terminal illness". The founder's own introduction doesn't even say he was terminally ill. I have no idea why you would simply make up lies of that sort. Did you think no one would read the link? Do you not understand the difference between "chronic", "long term" and "terminal" illnesses?

You also don't seem to have any understanding of terminal illnesses at all, and how they are defined by DWP for benefit purposes.

All this is before we even get to the fairly obvious point that people come to our service because they are unable to work through ill health and need help to access appropriate benefits. Why the f**k would we point them to a source of work?

Honestly, you are monumentally stupid :lol:

http://www.davidshutts.com/astriid.html
https://www.thememo.com/2017/09/05/cancer-wont-stop-david-shutts-making-britains-invisible-talent-pool-visible/
https://livebetterwith.com/community/astriid-cancer-employment/amp/

Do.
Your.
Research.
You.
Lazy.
b*****d.
This is supposed to be your career and you cannot be bothered doing the basics to help your clients. This is your problem (and to be fair by extension, your clients) not mine.
I can only assume that you've now realised your hilarious f**k up and are just throwing metaphorical shite at the wall.

Again, nowhere does that specify terminal illness. You don't seem to know the difference between terminal and chronic.

Again, why would I point people who have come to us because they are too ill to work, to a source of work?

Finally, given that most of my cases of working age people are already employed and signed off sick long term, how do you suggest they sign up for this scheme?

Get back in your box you thick c**t [emoji38]

12 hours ago, oaksoft said:

http://www.davidshutts.com/astriid.html

https://www.thememo.com/2017/09/05/cancer-wont-stop-david-shutts-making-britains-invisible-talent-pool-visible/

https://livebetterwith.com/community/astriid-cancer-employment/amp/

Do.

Your.

Research.

You.

Lazy.

b*****d.

This is supposed to be your career and you cannot be bothered doing the basics to help your clients. This is your problem (and to be fair by extension, your clients) not mine.

Understand. 

What.

You.

Are.

Reading.

You.

Thick.

B*****d.

Archived