Club Licensing

Credit to Wigtown, joining at least Vale of Leithen and Hawick Royal Albert who were also successful today.

In the past the local press and so forth have often spoken as if St Cuthbert were the furthest ahead. Did they get theirs today as well, or are they still to fulfil some criteria?

Credit to Wigtown, joining at least Vale of Leithen and Hawick Royal Albert who were also successful today.

In the past the local press and so forth have often spoken as if St Cuthbert were the furthest ahead. Did they get theirs today as well, or are they still to fulfil some criteria?

Not heard of anyone other than the three that have been mentioned but there may be some just waiting to announce it...

I've wondered that myself, but ground standards are only part of the criteria, tbf:

National Club Licensing operates a Gold, Silver, Bronze and Entry level system. Clubs are granted an overall award reflecting the lowest level that the club achieves in the four sections of criteria (Ground, First Team Football, Youth Team Football and Legal, Admin, Finance and Codes of Practice).

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=2570

Why do Heston not have this?

I've wondered that myself, but ground standards are only part of the criteria, tbf:

Same with edu... Both play at exceptional grounds (for the league) and squads... Edu defo have coaches with the badges so I'd reckon they shouldn't be too far away...

Well done to Wigtown getting their club Licence. They went about their business under the radar when other so called "bigger" teams were supposed to be just about there. Got the basics right, strong Chairman and committee, good management structure with all the relevant coaching qualifications, a good track record of attracting sponsorship/funding and a decent bunch of players although tailed of a bit recently. Hard to get people to give up their time to drive a club on or to attend coaching courses etc. Now the licence is in place, the focus can return to matters on the field and getting them back to where they belong at the top of the table.

Would have thought that both Heston and Edu would not be too far away should they choose to apply for Club Licensing. Don't know if because they ground share does this have any additional conditions. Heston have a good youth set up, I would assume they have coaches with the relevant badges required. Edu definitely have coaches that have the badges but don't, as far as I am aware, have a youth set up that is part of the entry level conditions. Both teams would only pursue this if they wanted a crack at the Lowland league as they don't play in Scottish Cup and would not need licensing to retain this.

You don't actually need a youth setup which you would've known if you actually had a quick glance at what was required

My point exactly. You cant believe every " expert" you read on here!

Well done to all at W & B on gaining their license.

I wonder if anyone down there would post pictures of the ground on the Scottish Non League Grounds web page. The current foties are well out of date and don't reflect the hard work that has been done !!

Archived