Congratulations to Vale of Leithen

HibeeJibee

According to a tweet from Borders journalist David Knox they've today received their Entry licence.

https://twitter.com/knox_david/status/651756136849350656

Slightly belated but nonetheless a great credit to the Innerleithen club, who had among the most work to undertake of any of the teams... and not helped by a financial crises en route.

Also of wider significance as this sees the entire Lowland League licensed, only 2 years and 4 months after it was established - and indeed it has reached this milestone earlier than the Highland League, AFAIA.

EDIT: Hawick Royal Albert of the EOS League has also announced the attainment of their licence, increasing the number in that level to 3. They join Coldstream and Civil Service Strollers in achieving the Entry award.

https://twitter.com/HRA_Ops/status/651763751570526209

Well done to Vale. They have had difficulties to overcome and plenty of detractors but they have made it. Assuming the report is correct that Hawick and Wigtown also have licences added to Coldstream and Civil Service it makes the possibility of relegation from the Lowland League much more realistic.

Well done to Vale. They have had difficulties to overcome and plenty of detractors but they have made it. Assuming the report is correct that Hawick and Wigtown also have licences added to Coldstream and Civil Service it makes the possibility of relegation from the Lowland League much more realistic.

At the moment, only the Wigtown licence makes it a real possibility. The other three are a long way from challenging atm

At the moment, only the Wigtown licence makes it a real possibility. The other three are a long way from challenging atm

how about

bottom lowland league relegated

next highest team with the entry level offered the place ?

so example if Civil were 4th in league and Threave botom o lowland bye bye threave hello Civil ?

how about

bottom lowland league relegated

next highest team with the entry level offered the place ?

so example if Civil were 4th in league and Threave botom o lowland bye bye threave hello Civil ?

Canny see that happening though I'm sure it's allowed by certain cut off date in England i.e teams to apply intention to go for promotion purposes ?

A LL 2 maybes further enhance pyramid and entice juniors ?

Canny see that happening though I'm sure it's allowed by certain cut off date in England i.e teams to apply intention to go for promotion purposes ? A LL 2 maybes further enhance pyramid and entice juniors ?

I posted a topic about a LL2 the other week. I think it's the best option personally. Too much stigma attached to the EoS and SoS for it to seem attractive to clubs out with the pyramid.

That's the goal, though. Scare away clubs that would be a threat.

ach, any former Juniors will no be a threat. We'll just turn on THE DEVIL'S ILLUMINATION and while the players are cursing it/worshipping the new sun god in the sky we'll tap in a few goals...

According to a tweet from Borders journalist David Knox they've today received their Entry licence.

https://twitter.com/knox_david/status/651756136849350656

Slightly belated but nonetheless a great credit to the Innerleithen club, who had among the most work to undertake of any of the teams... and not helped by a financial crises en route.

Also of wider significance as this sees the entire Lowland League licensed, only 2 years and 4 months after it was established - and indeed it has reached this milestone earlier than the Highland League, AFAIA.

EDIT: Hawick Royal Albert of the EOS League has also announced the attainment of their licence, increasing the number in that level to 3. They join Coldstream and Civil Service Strollers in achieving the Entry award.

https://twitter.com/HRA_Ops/status/651763751570526209

What does this mean for the Scottish cup 1st round next year? Is it just 2 places for the qualifiers and non licenced members now? That would need 3 or 4 preliminary round s

Archived