Dundee / Dundee Utd XI

Aye because that's what the thread is about the last couple of seasons ye rocket.

And where in the opening post does it mention anything about it being this season only?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Equivalent thread since last season. Be aswell put Hartley in midfield we geddes in goal. There careers as players are far superior compared to the rest.

Mckay 10 games scoring a whole zero was quite impressive for Wigan

:lol: tremendously missing the point

Ah, now I can't understand why the boy Fraser (0 apps) is being included in that case, ahead of numerous other players who have performed infinitely better in seasons past.

Nah that's cause you've got a bunch of thick United fans (rivalling G_Man) who are mistaking potential for actual ability right now.

Nah that's cause you've got a bunch of thick United fans (rivalling G_Man) who are mistaking potential for actual ability right now.

First to mention it:

Fraser.

Then we have:

Fraser.
Fraser
Fraser
Fraser

post-12838-0-64332400-1444240228_thumb.j

I see your point, Widge. Soz.

Struggling with this one to be honest. We need to pick what we think the best XI would be from the two teams yet we have guys putting in Julen, Holt etc? From what ive just read, Fraser cant get in as hes just potential despite him being arguably our best player for the last 6/8 weeks yet two boys that were playing for lower league football teams until recently stroll in without question.

Seems legit

Struggling with this one to be honest. We need to pick what we think the best XI would be from the two teams yet we have guys putting in Julen, Holt etc? From what ive just read, Fraser cant get in as hes just potential despite him being arguably our best player for the last 6/8 weeks yet two boys that were playing for lower league football teams until recently stroll in without question.

Seems legit

Your struggling with the bias most people apply to their own teams.

My team was picked on form and my knowledge. Other people are applying different criteria, generally to shoe horn in as many of their own players as they can.

I clearly stated Dixon is better on paper but I don't think he's had a good game since he signed in January.

Fraser I have seen once in the Derby - he was brutal but has looked decent in highlights since. Then again souttar looked good in a short spell last season before turning dump again. The perils of young players.

If I had to field a team tomorrow my post above is who I would pick. Some Utd fans picking Dixon, souttar etc are calling for them to be dropped from Utds XI currently never mind a joint one.

Despite what you think, im quite the opposite of biased. I can see if our players have been brutal and im quite willing to stick the boot into them when its deserved. If the question is 'who do you think the best players are in a mixed XI' i would take Bain, Julen, Thompson(when fit), Stewart and possibly Harkins. If you were asking 'who do you think the best mixed XI are on current form, there would be very little space for our players.

Its all about perspective

Despite what you think, im quite the opposite of biased. I can see if our players have been brutal and im quite willing to stick the boot into them when its deserved. If the question is 'who do you think the best players are in a mixed XI' i would take Bain, Julen, Thompson(when fit), Stewart and possibly Harkins. If you were asking 'who do you think the best mixed XI are on current form, there would be very little space for our players.

Its all about perspective

I didn't say you were biased, I said most people. Agree it's about perspective.

That said I can't see how you can include Julen as you will have seen about 7 mins of him in the flesh. I also can't see how you could possibly fit in 6 players from the team rooted to the bottom, particularly when that poor form stretches over 10 months. Did someone mention that even St Mirren performed better over that period?

I've no doubt Jackie deserves some of the credit for the slump but when Utd had genuinely good players (Armstrong, GMS, Robertson, Ciftci, Fojut) Jackie was considered favourite for next Celtic manager and one of your best managers....

Could it be that the decline is down to the quality of player more than most DABs are willing to admit?

I didn't say you were biased, I said most people. Agree it's about perspective.

That said I can't see how you can include Julen as you will have seen about 7 mins of him in the flesh. I also can't see how you could possibly fit in 6 players from the team rooted to the bottom, particularly when that poor form stretches over 10 months. Did someone mention that even St Mirren performed better over that period?

I've no doubt Jackie deserves some of the credit for the slump but when Utd had genuinely good players (Armstrong, GMS, Robertson, Ciftci, Fojut) Jackie was considered favourite for next Celtic manager and one of your best managers....

Could it be that the decline is down to the quality of player more than most DABs are willing to admit?

If you look back, i went to Dens during preseason for games so also saw him play then as well as his fleeting Derby appearance and from what ive saw on the Sunday highlights packages. Also, given the other options a both clubs, it was an easy decison from what ive witnessed.

Jackie was fortunate to inherit quite a few very good players and added 1 or 2 which is quite a poor percentage given he signed about 200 players in his tenure.

The problem with United is that the ability is there however its most definitely not being used. Whether thats due to poor management, poor attitudes in the dressing room etc, we will find out shortly after appointing a new manager. There have been some poor acquisitions, of that theres no doubt, however since January we signed Dixon, Mcgowan and Anier who were all internationals and came with a certain pedigree. At the time most clubs in the league wouldve welcomed the three of them however it just hasnt happened for one reason or another

Archived