Dundee / Dundee Utd XI

why Dundee fans coming on here what United players would get in Dundee team like there team is top of the league. Never read so much pish.!!!

It's not "Which Utd players would get in Dundee's team"

It's a combined Dundee / Utd XI - it seems you are not taking it well, probably because few DAB's are making the cut this season.

McGowan , Rankin, Fraser, Spittle and Mckay for me.

Half and half on the outfield positions :P , Keeper is a no brainer.

Souttar should be in there as should Dixon but both have been poor this year.

Rankin? Nope. Not even close. Harkins, Ross and McGowan all offer more than him.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GK - Bain – Future Scotland Keeper. I’m not even mentioning Utds options as I’d probably trust our subby keeper before any of their choices as he’s at least played first team football.

DR -Ryan McGowan – Full international, solid and aggressive. I like him.

DL -Kevin Holt – Dixon is brutal nowadays.

DC -Julen Extabeguren– Our best centre half IMO

DC –James McPake – Our 2nd best centre half – I’m not touching Durnan for obvious reasons, Morris can’t stay fit, Dillon is past it, Donaldson I liked the look of but limited viewing so can’t throw him in.

MC – Kevin Thomson – played more games this season, class act. Honorable mention to Souttar who might make it one day but by all accounts has been worse than a man down this season and Rankin who I like but seems to be hated by DABs

MC – Nick Ross – Neat and tidy, never loses the ball, has an eye for a pass. Tough one – could easily be Paul McGowan, Nicky Low or Scott Fraser – Arabs will throw him in no doubt as he’s the next “prodigy”

AML – Blair Spittal – Only because no-one has seen enough of Riccardo Calder yet and Spittal played like a boss in the derby. Erskine maybe in with a shout as well if he can play left.

AMC – Gary Harkins – Well it’s not going to be Bodul is it :lol: outside him I’m not sure who Utd play here anymore.

AMR – Greg Stewart – Cutting in to that delightful left foot – best player in the team.

ST – Billy McKay – I love Loy, I like Hemmings and Muirhead, Bodul is from the Luka Tankulic school of signings and Murray is a plumber. At the end of the day you really cant argue with Billy McKays record up here

ETA I typed that in an Outlook e-mail at work - the formatting has blown my mind but I'm not changing it. Soz.

This would be my team, scarily enough. Except maybe Rankin in CM instead of Nick Ross.

Though I did like the "Morris can't stay fit" remark, closely followed by the inclusion of the permainjured Kevin Thomson... ;)

Only Dundee players a would have in United team in Bain and Stewart. Still think new manager comes in sort things out cause United have a decent team just jmc didn't have a plan b with them a would get rid of a few in January and add a few

But we're not in January yet. What's your team going on your last performance?

This would be my team, scarily enough. Except maybe Rankin in CM instead of Nick Ross.

Though I did like the "Morris can't stay fit" remark, closely followed by the inclusion of the permainjured Kevin Thomson... ;)

The perma injured Kevin Thomson who has played more times than Morris over the same period :whistle

Thomson is so good in comparison to the other players in that position that if he is fit he plays, Morris is nothing more than average at best - you would agree there is a place for a flawed genius* in any team?

*may be slightly over egging it......

Bain

McGowan McPake Julen Holt

Thomson McGowan Low

McKay Loy Stewart

9-2*

*based on the season so far. Will undoubtedly change as the season goes on.

Based on this season so far you'd need to change Paul McGowan out the midfield. He's hardly kicked a ball so far. Ross would be a better Dundee option at least.

It's not "Which Utd players would get in Dundee's team"

It's a combined Dundee / Utd XI - it seems you are not taking it well, probably because few DAB's are making the cut this season.

Rankin? Nope. Not even close. Harkins, Ross and McGowan all offer more than him.

understand but 1 fan making it out like what United players would get in Dundee team. Only getting Ma point across !!

The perma injured Kevin Thomson who has played more times than Morris over the same period :whistle

Thomson is so good in comparison to the other players in that position that if he is fit he plays, Morris is nothing more than average at best - you would agree there is a place for a flawed genius* in any team?

*may be slightly over egging it......

I assumed Gary Harkins was the flawed genius in that team, haha

Actually, I love Harkins. I've always had a soft spot for talented footballers who look like normal people.

I assumed Gary Harkins was the flawed genius in that team, haha

Actually, I love Harkins. I've always had a soft spot for talented footballers who look like normal people.

His 6 pack (unveiled to foaming arabs at the Derby) ruined the illusion for me.

Much preferred him when he looked like any random punter. Beer gut, the works.

On this seasons form it'd probably just be a Dundee 10 with McKay up top. Obviously there's players like Dixon, Spittal, McGowan, Souttar etc who are good enough to get into the team but just haven't shown it consistently if at all under McNamara in the last 9 months. Once the new man comes in and (hopefully) starts getting the best out of the players the teams will be more evenly represented.

Archived