Alloa v Raith Rovers

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't been to Alloa in a long while. Maybe even the Scottish Cup defeat in 2008. Or maybe I've forgotten about a dreadful 0-0 draw in between as it always seems to be a terrible match there.

Are the away fans options sitting in that stupid gazebo, or f**k off?

Haven't been to Alloa in a long while. Maybe even the Scottish Cup defeat in 2008. Or maybe I've forgotten about a dreadful 0-0 draw in between as it always seems to be a terrible match there.

Should be allowed behind the goal at the railway end as well if you bring enough fans.

Recently we have sometimes got behind the goals & sometimes not, if not then it's "that stupid gazebo" or standing pitchside along that side.

Rangers (obv), Falkirk and Morton have all had fans behind the goal this season- but they all have decent numbers. Livi didnt (IIRC) but their support is relatively low compared to the others. Rovers used to bring a fairly large travelling support to Alloa but it doesnt seem quite as substantial in more recent seasons. Would guess still enough to merit opening behind the goal. Youve made a good start and correct me if Im wrong but your home numbers are up- not sure if that equates to larger away support size though

If Im up at the ground later in the week will try and find out. Im sure its just based on our stadium manager calling Rovers and asking for a rough estimate of numbers.

Or the special Falkirk fan option of finding a few very tall fans and standing behind them on a flat section.

Raith are obviously going well but it's the kind of game we really need to be taking something from, indeed it's the first of three such games.

Have to say I was disappointed that McNeil was recalled for the last game. I believe Crawford is a much safer bet and didn't deserve to be dropped. I would worry that the manager feels he signed McNeil as first choice and will try and play him if he can. But, if McNeil does a job and shows he deserves the shirt then no complaints.

Would imagine the game will come a bit too soon for Doyle but hopefully he'll be in the team sooner rather than later.

After the international break and the fact we're doing well I reckon we'll take a decent support through to this game. Would be a bit miffed if we didn't win this game considering how well we've been doing, the 'away factor' might play a part but after a good win away to St Mirren we've thankfully got that monkey off our backs. Really need to be winning against teams sitting near the bottom of the league if we have any ambition to do well this season. Albeit we beat Livi 3-0 in our first game our win at home to Alloa was probably the most straight forward win of our season so far, all our other wins have been relatively close. Unless there's been a masked improvement from Alloa I'd like to think we'll have enough quality to win this.

Have to say I was disappointed that McNeil was recalled for the last game. I believe Crawford is a much safer bet and didn't deserve to be dropped. I would worry that the manager feels he signed McNeil as first choice and will try and play him if he can. But, if McNeil does a job and shows he deserves the shirt then no complaints.

Yeah I dont really like the switching, assume it must be down to something the manager agreed with the keepers at the start of the season, rather than the old Tom Hendrie 2005 special, where he despaired of both McGlynn and Evans and changed it every week.

To give McNeill credit though, he did really well against St Mirren. Pulled off a cracking save right before half time, commanded his area well and was generally solid. I didnt think he was responsible for the goal- defender should have had that ball in the stand.

Albeit we beat Livi 3-0 in our first game our win at home to Alloa was probably the most straight forward win of our season so far, all our other wins have been relatively close. Unless there's been a masked improvement from Alloa I'd like to think we'll have enough quality to win this.

We have improved a wee bit, notably getting a bit more solid at the back. It undoubtedly did end up a straight forward win for Raith earlier in the season, when our heads dropped after the (admittedly stunning) Raith opener and they took charge of the game to win well. But I thought we did okay in the first half of that game, passed it about okay and created some chances.

We have improved a wee bit, notably getting a bit more solid at the back. It undoubtedly did end up a straight forward win for Raith earlier in the season, when our heads dropped after the (admittedly stunning) Raith opener and they took charge of the game to win well. But I thought we did okay in the first half of that game, passed it about okay and created some chances.

We also used to come out a complete different team in the second half and it cost us a few times but we've been getting better in that sense aswell.

Do I remember seeing the giant that played for Alloa at Stark's has since left? He was hilarious.

Agree with Father Barry above that the game in August ended up very comfortable, but until the opener there was nothing at all in it.

Do I remember seeing the giant that played for Alloa at Stark's has since left? He was hilarious.

Agree with Father Barry above that the game in August ended up very comfortable, but until the opener there was nothing at all in it.

yeah, big Geoff Mitchell went back down south.

Archived