Alloa v Raith Rovers

Think there was talk of Callachan maybe being back for this game and apart from long term crocks (Vaughan and Barr) we'll more than likely be at full strength. Wonder if McKinnon will give Scott Robertson a start and maybe drop McCord who has kinda went off the boil a wee bit in the last couple of games.

I think Ray Mac said Cal would may be be fit for selection... he won't start but it would be good to get him on the pitch and get him back up to speed. Massive fan of Cal and hope he nails down his place once back fit. I am also a big fan of McCord - think he has real quality - and even though he has been a bit off the boil he always contributes through his deliveries at set-pieces... but I am very keen to see how Robertson does so would be happy to see him partner Davo in midfield.

Think we will go

Cuthburt

Thomson Benedictus Toshney McKeown

Anderson Davo Robertson Craigen

Stewart and Daly

Injuries aside i would expect Wighton, Megginson and Maybe Callaghan to get on at some point.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, absolutely. Happy to admit I was very wrong about Davidson, though Matthews seems an able deputy for him. I'm hoping Robertson is gonna give us a bit of drive from the middle of the park, alongside Craigen cutting inside.

What do you see in Davidson, out of interest? For me he is every bit as useless as he was the first time around, with the added bonus that he no longer actually attempts to tackle opponents. Seems to spend a lot of time jogging around and not doing anything, with his positioning and passing as erratic as ever. Our centre midfield was completely over-run against Morton, with little/no resistence. McCord I'm not convinced with either, and doesn't appear to offer that much going forward.

What do you see in Davidson, out of interest? For me he is every bit as useless as he was the first time around, with the added bonus that he no longer actually attempts to tackle opponents. Seems to spend a lot of time jogging around and not doing anything, with his positioning and passing as erratic as ever. Our centre midfield was completely over-run against Morton, with little/no resistence. McCord I'm not convinced with either, and doesn't appear to offer that much going forward.

I think his positioning is a bit better, and he no longer seems as hot headed. I think he's cut out some of the holywood diagonals to no one, so his passing is more often sideways and unimaginative rather than wasteful (an upgrade). This is based on games I've seen that don't include the Morton game as I was out of the country for that one, so you could well be right, but then Craigen and mcCord didn't strike the right balance in midfield against Dumbarton, with us only looking more able when we put matthews in to give us a bit of 'grip'.

Nah, just the three of us tbh :lol:

Give them their due, they are always happy to have us back in after the game as well, regardless of the result ;-)

Looking forward to the trip tho, always made to feel very welcome and as mentioned our record there is gradually improving. Love to see Callachan at least make the bench, id imagine during the break we might look at punting Petrie or someone else on loan for a month or so as we are going to be flooded with options in the middle of the park

Seriously, your still going to be as negative as always..? We're sitting second in the league for a reason. All 11 players have played a part in getting us there so far( not just 2 or 3)

See for the bus(es) is it a snooze you lose type scenario? Just I'm thinking of getting the bus to this rather than drive, just to make a change so I can get jar before/after the match.

Cheers!

You'll not get much time for a drink if you're going by supporters' bus unless you're drinking before the bus leaves/after the bus arrives back or going with Fife's Finest.

I think his positioning is a bit better, and he no longer seems as hot headed. I think he's cut out some of the holywood diagonals to no one, so his passing is more often sideways and unimaginative rather than wasteful (an upgrade). This is based on games I've seen that don't include the Morton game as I was out of the country for that one, so you could well be right, but then Craigen and mcCord didn't strike the right balance in midfield against Dumbarton, with us only looking more able when we put matthews in to give us a bit of 'grip'.

Equally, you'll have seen games I haven't, so fair enough. We can only go on what we've seen and I don't agree.

FWIW, I don't know what our best CM combination would be. I've generaly been impressed with Craigen and Callachan looked promising last season (haven't seen him this season due to injury). Ross Matthews I think has acquitted himself well and I'm looking to see what Scott Robertson can offer when fully fit. McCord I find umderwhelming - a bit of the Stuart Andersons about him I fear, as he appears to struggle a bit in a midfield two. Of course, this all depends on what McKinnon wants, and there is certainly scope to move to a 3-5-2 in our squad, especially if Anderson isn't on form.

Seriously, your still going to be as negative as always..? We're sitting second in the league for a reason. All 11 players have played a part in getting us there so far( not just 2 or 3)

Maybe you would like to offer an opinion to the contrary rather than having a moan about me?

Play the ball, not the man.

Cheers Liam. Think I'm just gonna go for the 2hr train journey (howling), but the sun will be out (hopefully) so I'll be able to in this countries lovely sceneries with a few tinnies along the way ha!

Equally, you'll have seen games I haven't, so fair enough. We can only go on what we've seen and I don't agree.

FWIW, I don't know what our best CM combination would be. I've generaly been impressed with Craigen and Callachan looked promising last season (haven't seen him this season due to injury). Ross Matthews I think has acquitted himself well and I'm looking to see what Scott Robertson can offer when fully fit. McCord I find umderwhelming - a bit of the Stuart Andersons about him I fear, as he appears to struggle a bit in a midfield two. Of course, this all depends on what McKinnon wants, and there is certainly scope to move to a 3-5-2 in our squad, especially if Anderson isn't on form.

McCord is decent but yeah, he's quite similar to S.Anderson, not a hard driving midfielder but decent on the ball and a very good range of passing. FWIW I think McKinnon has done well to split the difference, by using Craigen out left but cutting in (the ol' Joe Hammill role) we get someone driving up the park from a central position and that lop sided 4-4-2 means we get the best out of McCord as a deep lying play maker. I am interested to see how Robertson fits in though, he has undoubted quality and if we can get more drive from the middle we can maybe make up for the absence of Vaughan, which will mean we keep the ball higher and might have more luck playing Stewart in behind defences.

I think Ray Mac said Cal would may be be fit for selection... he won't start but it would be good to get him on the pitch and get him back up to speed. Massive fan of Cal and hope he nails down his place once back fit. I am also a big fan of McCord - think he has real quality - and even though he has been a bit off the boil he always contributes through his deliveries at set-pieces... but I am very keen to see how Robertson does so would be happy to see him partner Davo in midfield.

Think we will go

Cuthburt

Thomson Benedictus Toshney McKeown

Anderson Davo Robertson Craigen

Stewart and Daly

Injuries aside i would expect Wighton, Megginson and Maybe Callaghan to get on at some point.

Probably how I would like to see us line up. Once Robertson is up to speed I would be interested in seeing him play in the middle with Craigen with Megginson on left. Might be a bit open without either Davo or McCord but more dynamic and pacey. They are both experienced enough to realise when to drop in

I would expect a few changes with Hill and Chopra hopefully back to full fitness.

I think we play better with hill out of team.

DL says the break will allow certain players to recover from knocks but the majority of the squad will be in for some work.

I don't mind losing McCord from the team for a fully fit Scott Robertson as long as we still have Craigen on for taking set pieces. It was noticable when both McCord and Craigen went off against Morton that we had no dead ball takers.

McCord may not have the drive that we need just now but he does fling in some decent balls, kinda like Bobby Sloan in that respect mibbies it's an Alloa thing.

Archived