Alloa v Raith Rovers

Only saying the way I see it buddy . Not good enough to stay in this div with this group of players our squad is by far the weakest . Our budget is the smallest you have to sign players who are hungry I don't see where a win is going to come from we can't score goals and if u don't score goals u don't win games simple !!!!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only saying the way I see it buddy . Not good enough to stay in this div with this group of players our squad is by far the weakest . Our budget is the smallest you have to sign players who are hungry I don't see where a win is going to come from we can't score goals and if u don't score goals u don't win games simple !!!!

Keep this talk up, it can only help. The last time someone started similar chat on the Alloa forum saying "we won't win a game all season" we won the very next week at Dumbarton.

Are we saying the players aren't hungry/putting a shift in, because lack of effort certainly isn't an issue I'm seeing.

What am saying is the crop of players we have are not a patch on the last four years IMO

I really don't think they can keep us up I hope am wrong .

The Gaffer said on sat he was delighted with the commitment fair comment but no points again !!!

I would rather play crap and win !!!!

By hook or by crook we have to start winning games if we are to survive

I never said at anytime we won't win a game this season that would be a silly comment !!

What am saying is the crop of players we have are not a patch on the last four years IMO

Yeah at the moment thats certainly the case. But is that really a massive surprise, given how good the last team were and the lack of time the current crop have been playing together? Its not really comparable, loads of variables involved- but it took not far off two years to get the Paul Hartley team to the kind of level to be capable of playing in the second tier. And right at the beginning that team didnt look too clever at times in the first 3 or 4 months either.

Most weeks this season to win games we will have to play above ourselves- on Saturday our opposition were able to leave McCord and Anderson on the bench. McCord and Anderson would stroll into our team.

There's a long, long way to go this season and I think we're in a position where the manager should be given a bit of time to see if he can build another good team. We arent exactly marooned at the bottom as it stands. And even if the worst happens and we go down, its not going to kill the club and its not the end of the world. We dont have a divine right to be in the Championship, and there's plenty of clubs in League One who would love to be in our position right now.

I don't think there's a lot that can be done about it, but we are quickly becoming marooned in the bottom two. Defeat to Morton next Saturday and it'll be eight points between us, and I think they're the lowest-hanging fruit of the other Championship clubs due to their goalscoring problems (which are nowhere near as bad as ours). We're reliant on Livingston not bringing in a decent manager, as they ought to be doing better than they are.

It doesn't look like working out for this season, but surely DL needs to stay on for next year, whatever happens. He can't have completely lost it, despite Saturday's bizarre double substitution, and I'd have thought he'd manage to put together a stronger squad with more time. Virtually any club below us would take him as manager in a heartbeat.

Weird start to the season we've had, with Omar Kader and Geoff Mitchell leaving after seeming like they'd be important players at the start of the season. Think it's fair to say DL was expecting big things from them, and we'd be in a much better state if they'd lived up to expectations.

I don't think there's a lot that can be done about it, but we are quickly becoming marooned in the bottom two. Defeat to Morton next Saturday and it'll be eight points between us, and I think they're the lowest-hanging fruit of the other Championship clubs due to their goalscoring problems (which are nowhere near as bad as ours). We're reliant on Livingston not bringing in a decent manager, as they ought to be doing better than they are.

It doesn't look like working out for this season, but surely DL needs to stay on for next year, whatever happens. He can't have completely lost it, despite Saturday's bizarre double substitution, and I'd have thought he'd manage to put together a stronger squad with more time. Virtually any club below us would take him as manager in a heartbeat.

Weird start to the season we've had, with Omar Kader and Geoff Mitchell leaving after seeming like they'd be important players at the start of the season. Think it's fair to say DL was expecting big things from them, and we'd be in a much better state if they'd lived up to expectations.

Kader was different circumstances though.

I agree that Danny should stay on but the question should rather be would he stay if we went down?

I agree that Danny should stay on but the question should rather be would he stay if we went down?

I suppose it would depend on whether or not he thought there was a better offer likely to come in.

I know the St Mirren fans thought he wouldn't, but I'd be interested to see what his response would be if they kicked Murray after Christmas and expressed an interest in getting him back. I could see it happening. God help whoever would take over.

Doubt Danny would get any better offers if we got relegated. A promotion push is league 1 with us would be the best he'd get after a relegation imo.

He would walk before the situation arises. Hopefully we can get a wee run of the green and pick up some points.

As long as livi are down at the bottom we have a fighting chance of 9th.

Archived