Alloa v Raith Rovers

Quite a bit away but thought I would get the discussion going out of boredom.

Like always it will be a tight game but from a Rovers point of view this is a really good opportunity to get Q2 off to a flyer.

The break will give our squad a chance to refresh and also get a few up to speed. It will be really interesting to see how we line up. It's so nice to know Ray Mac won't just stick any team out - rather he will have a XI and tactics suited for Alloa. Not rocket science I know but such a change from previous regimes.

Confident if we are as organised as we have been we can win the game. Looking forward to patronising the local establishments as well. 2-0 Rovers

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do Alloa use a plastic pitch? We've lost to both Falkirk and Stenny who use plastic pitches so if we lose this one then I have my excuses ready in advance.

In all seriousness a win here would set us up for a great game the following week at home to Hibs and might entice a few more punters to turn up. The international break at least gives the players a bit of a rest to get over any niggling injuries. I believe Toshney was struggling (although you'd never know that as he's pretty much The Terminator) and Bene had a sore neck.

See for the bus(es) is it a snooze you lose type scenario? Just I'm thinking of getting the bus to this rather than drive, just to make a change so I can get jar before/after the match.

Cheers!

Any change on the pub front, alloa locals? Liked the little pub next to the wetherspoons (bobbing john i think?) that had the pool table in its own little room. Still alive and kicking? Any other recommendations? looking for some food as well...? Intel will be very much appreciated !

Any change on the pub front, alloa locals? Liked the little pub next to the wetherspoons (bobbing john i think?) that had the pool table in its own little room. Still alive and kicking? Any other recommendations? looking for some food as well...? Intel will be very much appreciated !

Not so much for food, but when me and my pals go through we usually go into Crams Bar, decent wee pub.

Star Inn- yes still there.

Cheap food in Bobbing John, no football

Station Bar will do food at that time- from Bobbing John, past Star Inn and round corner- bottom of road on left.

Would probably recommend mixing it up a bit and heading to all of the pubs to be honest- potentially if you had food at Station youve could go Station, Primrose Bar (across street), round the corner for Star, Bobbing John then Thistle Bar at the bottom of that road. All these pubs are within a few minutes walk of each other. Do them all or take your pick!

Star Inn- yes still there.

Cheap food in Bobbing John, no football

Station Bar will do food at that time- from Bobbing John, past Star Inn and round corner- bottom of road on left.

Would probably recommend mixing it up a bit and heading to all of the pubs to be honest- potentially if you had food at Station youve could go Station, Primrose Bar (across street), round the corner for Star, Bobbing John then Thistle Bar at the bottom of that road. All these pubs are within a few minutes walk of each other. Do them all or take your pick!

Ah your a star mate, cheers. I was thinking a little crawl might be a good shout - you may have sold me on it!

Ah your a star mate, cheers. I was thinking a little crawl might be a good shout - you may have sold me on it!

I think thats your best bet mate.

From Thistle Bar youre 5 minutes walk approx from ground

If youre a lazy bugger or fancy maximising your drinking time (as we regularly are)- the town taxi rank is practically outside the bar door of the Thistle. Can have a look out of the window, wait for one to appear, down your pint and head up. Couple of quid taxi fare- sorted.

Cheers mate, good to know. I was in a few pubs the last time in alloa and never saw another Rovers fan... I assume they were all in there!

Crams is fine too- an extra 2 minutes walk off the beaten track though :)

From previous experience a fair few Rovers fans go to Thistle.

McNeill

McAusland
Marr
Reintam
Hamilton

O'Brien
Holmes
McManus
Flannigan
Crawford

Duffy

I imagine we will remain unchanged from last week after the good point up in Paisley but I can't see us getting anything out of this one unfortuately. 2-1 away win.

Think there was talk of Callachan maybe being back for this game and apart from long term crocks (Vaughan and Barr) we'll more than likely be at full strength. Wonder if McKinnon will give Scott Robertson a start and maybe drop McCord who has kinda went off the boil a wee bit in the last couple of games.

Think there was talk of Callachan maybe being back for this game and apart from long term crocks (Vaughan and Barr) we'll more than likely be at full strength. Wonder if McKinnon will give Scott Robertson a start and maybe drop McCord who has kinda went off the boil a wee bit in the last couple of games.

Robertson and Davidson certainly have potential as a midfield pairing, given we started the season with quite a young team, and McKinnon talking of getting the average age of the squad down, it's certainly shot back up with Davidson, Daly and Robertson coming in.

Robertson and Davidson certainly have potential as a midfield pairing, given we started the season with quite a young team, and McKinnon talking of getting the average age of the squad down, it's certainly shot back up with Davidson, Daly and Robertson coming in.

Indeed. Shouldn't do us any harm having a bit of experience in there, dare I say it should be encouraged to have a couple of older heads in the team. It seems to be paying off thus far.

McNeill

McAusland

Marr

Reintam

Hamilton

O'Brien

Holmes

McManus

Flannigan

Crawford

Duffy

I imagine we will remain unchanged from last week after the good point up in Paisley but I can't see us getting anything out of this one unfortuately. 2-1 away win.

I would expect a few changes with Hill and Chopra hopefully back to full fitness.

Indeed. Shouldn't do us any harm having a bit of experience in there, dare I say it should be encouraged to have a couple of older heads in the team. It seems to be paying off thus far.

Yeah, absolutely. Happy to admit I was very wrong about Davidson, though Matthews seems an able deputy for him. I'm hoping Robertson is gonna give us a bit of drive from the middle of the park, alongside Craigen cutting inside.

Archived