Bahar Mustafa

Mr Bairn

http://athousandflowers.net/2015/05/27/kill-all-white-men-in-defence-of-bahar-mustafa/

Someone called Bahar Mustafa, the diversity officer of Goldsmith, has been charged for tweeting a desire to kill all white men.

Whilst someone getting arrested over a twitter hate crime in itself isn't unusual, the facebook response of NUS Scotland president Vonnie Sandlan is notable

Absolutely furious to hear that Bahar Mustafa's been charged over this situation. Just a gentle reminder - hate crime laws are all well and good, until they're implemented and enforced by people who do not understand the struggle of oppressed people.

This is a fucking travesty

Any P&Bers agree with the honourable president and the diversity officer that it's okay to kill all white men?

Vile woman whose comments and support is a disturbing reflection of the entitlement, racism and sexism of 3rd wave feminism.

Having said that, I'm not keen on people being charged for what they say, but she should have lost her job. She's from a rich family by the way, oh the oppression.

*Hot take alert* I'm a big fan of people reducing racism to people making unsavoury comments about other races rather than y'know widespread institutionalised systematic oppression. *Hot take alert*

Still waiting, by the way. That's almost a year you've had to organise and present your dogma.

Vile woman whose comments and support is a disturbing reflection of the entitlement, racism and sexism of 3rd wave feminism.

Having said that, I'm not keen on people being charged for what they say, but she should have lost her job. She's from a rich family by the way, oh the oppression.

I am probably being a bit of a thicko here but what is 3rd wave feminism?

Grimbo

I am probably being a bit of a thicko here but what is 3rd wave feminism?

Grimbo

Not being a thicko, the general public is poorly informed about feminism.

There have been 3 'waves' of the ideology that is feminism where it has gained prominence, we're in the 3rd now (or 4th depending on who you ask). Current wave started ~mid 90s, 2nd wave was the 60s to 70s, the whole 'Womens Lib' era.

Not being a thicko, the general public is poorly informed about feminism.

There have been 3 'waves' of the ideology that is feminism where it has gained prominence, we're in the 3rd now (or 4th depending on who you ask). Current wave started ~mid 90s, 2nd wave was the late 60s to 70s, the whole 'Womens Lib' era.

I fancy going watching that new film on the Suffragette movement. Was that the 1st wave or a part of it? I remember the "burn ya bra" movement when I was a kid, seemed to be around the western/1st world. So is the 3rd wave global or am I just talking tripe?

To be a feminist is a hard thing to be in this world system. Institutional sexism is running in the background along with the other "isms". I guess the old divide & conquer is the ruling order.

So is Bahar ok with white women?

Grimbo

I fancy going watching that new film on the Suffragette movement. Was that the 1st wave or a part of it? I remember the "burn ya bra" movement when I was a kid, seemed to be around the western/1st world. So is the 3rd wave global or am I just talking tripe?

To be a feminist is a hard thing to be in this world system. Institutional sexism is running in the background along with the other "isms". I guess the old divide & conquer is the ruling order.

So is Bahar ok with white women?

Grimbo

Women's suffrage was part of the 1st wave, yes. All the waves of feminist ideology have been prominently been in western countries.

Bahar is a white women, but can claim 'oppression' due to her being ethnically Turkish, and of course a woman. She probably doesn't recognise that she's white. So under current feminist/SJW scripture, she's allowed to be as openly racist, sexist, heterophobic as she wants without responsibility. White women will be near the top of those she's ok with, but there is a hierarchy of who you're allowed to hate more / who has more 'privilege', based on skin colour, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and other things.

But they're fighting against discrimination of ethnicity, gender, skin colour, sexuality, you understand.

To be a feminist is a hard thing only when you're called out on your deluded bullshit, at which point the tactic is to attack the skeptic ("misogynist", "basement-dwelling virgin", "white supremacist", "neckbeard", etc) or simply run away. Facts, context, and perspective not take from the Holy Book of the Sisterhood are the enemy.

Institutional sexism is indeed running in the background, against both men and women.

She needs to shut the f**k up and get back in the kitchen.

You are a braver man than me Thunders, I wouldn't have her anywhere near my kitchen. & by Christ I've the constitution of an ox

Grimbo

Archived