Most famous Scot of all time

Antlion

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as The Panda doesn't like Adam Smith.....Arthur Conan Doyle must be in with a shout.

I do like Adam Smith, although he has been entirely misrepresented by the right in Britain.

He's just not as famous as other serious contenders like limmy and smeato.

A more interesting question might be: who would you like to be the most famous Scot of all time? Although I think it's fair to say that Jocky Scott would certainly win that one on P&B. Only if he brought his jetpack, mind.

Oh, Limmy gets my vote for this. Coco Jambo for World Leader.

While it doesn't say allot, I was in a room full of ten English guys and mentioned Burns and not a single one had heard of him.

Sean Connery or Calvin Harris.

If you're treating all age groups equally (as you should of course, despite the actions of the traitorous old fucks last year (ha ha I jest)) then Calvin Harris doesn't get a look in.

As has been pointed out, he's the only one to have licked out Taylor Swift so there is that (although I think both burns and connory would've given that a decent go had they not been ruled out due to death / decrepitness).

While it doesn't say allot, I was in a room full of ten English guys and mentioned Burns and not a single one had heard of him.

Sean Connery or Calvin Harris.

Probably does say a lot.... About your pals! :P

To be fair I could see why, we were all fed the Burns stuff at school so know about him. Although they surely would have heard 'Auld Lang Syne' before?

Think Groundskeeper Willie is probably the most famous. Him or Connery. :lol:

Harris probably the most famous currently.

Archived