Football Manager

CK

Erm not really. I'd rated him at the top limit of star first division players which he didn't agree with, but I managed to convince him to accept it. part of my argument was that lee Wilkie had the same rating :lol:

Couldnt you just have waited and upped all the Saints stats in the editor ... :ph34r::ph34r::lol:

You'd need to use the editor and change the league I'd expect. Ignore PB, he's talking nonsense as usual :)

635679[/snapback]

IIRC you need to make sure you replace the team your moving as well ;)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When guiding Brechin to the SPL after 2 consecutive promotions :o Kevin Byers, Roddy Black, David White, Jim Hamilton ( free from QOS) and Kevin Macdonald (£5K from stirling) were stand out players.

I managed to stay up one season (9th ahead of Dundee)and then walked out as their wages budget was still at 2nd division rates so couldnt get any one who might improve the side despite having close on 6 million in the bank as a result of my shrewd transfers (Managed to talk Dumfermline into paying £500,000 for Templeman) and winnings.

Left to guide Port Vale to the Premiership (taking Byers with me) and am now in charge of Newcastle 2012/13.

MR - Freddy Guarin (20 y/o Colombian Full Back, broke the bank for him by spending £2.2m from player sales on him)

634542[/snapback]

this guy is quality i always sign him for every team i manage, he is superb!!

Oooohh freddy freddy.

My FM isn't installing , its f'kd.Im playing CM 03/04 just now untill the new one is released.

when is FM06 coming out ?

Couldnt you just have waited and upped all the Saints stats in the editor ...  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :lol:

635711[/snapback]

Why should I when I believed what I'd done was accurate :blink:

I was talking pish earlier about my line up irs

GK -William Bald

DL- Ulrik Laursen

DR- Tomasz Jarzebowski

DC- Gary Locke

DC- Simon Mensing

ML- Jean-Louis Valois

MR- Hamed Namouchi

MC- Lee Cole

MC- Keith Gibson

FC- Kevin McGlinchey

FC- Stewart Kean (currently Harty because Kean's injured :( )

Just signed John Paul Boyle on a pre contract may replace Kean.

There are a few first team battles Paul Cassidy is going for Namouchis spot and is actually playing there because Namouchi's injured. I think I'm actually going to drop Ulrik Laursen put Jarzebowski at left back and put David McClune at right-back he must have been injured and I forgot to change it.

In the Scottish cup semi-finals after beating Dundee Utd. (currently 2nd) agianst Kilmarnock (3rd)

Rangers are currently 8th :lol:

Celtic actually won last year

In 2005/06 I got to the quarter finals of the UEFA cup after winning the Scottish cup - got knocked out by Bayern Munich (1-0 on agg. :o )

Finished 7th in my second season with Saints :lol:

Highlight of the season was hammering Morton 6-0 at Love Street to relegate them! :lol:

Managed to draw Rangers in the 3rd Round of the Scottish Cup, but got put out thanks to the Dado Prso show - finished 5-1, with Prso getting a hat-trick.

Gary Dempsey's performances won him Division 1 Player of teh Year - not bad for someone playing for the 7th best side in the league! :D

As for the upcoming season, I've brought in Michael McGovern from Celtic as first choice keeper, and Jordan McMillan from Rangers to replace the retiring Kevin McGowne. Looks like I might be selling Stewart Kean though, as he wants to move to a bigger club, and his contract only has a year to run. :unsure:

To add a team to another league simple go into your Editor (depending on processor speeds and memory, this may not work on your PC. You need at least 256MB of RAM for it to run at anything like a decent speed, 512MB preferrable).

Click on the league you wish to join. Click on a club you wish to remove. (Example: Conference and Forest Green) A list should come up with every club in the game's database. Simply type the name of your club into the top, click on the name when the filter shows them and hey presto.

In previous versions of CM you would have to do a lot of chopping and changing, such as moving both clubs' previous division and finishes, and the country they are based in. But SI improved this to a very user friendly level for FM2005 and the editor now does all the dirty work for you! Which saves a hell of a lot of time when creating super-leagues!

Another wee tip: I love making everyone an EU nation. So every signing can go through without need nor worry about a work permit. ;)

Just a little update from me

Along with Alex Burns, I've also signed Peter McDonald, Alex Walker(permanent), Aaron Conway(permanaent), Danny Ogunmade, Alexander McMillan, Mark Corcoran & Kirk Broadfoot

Beat Killie 3-1 in my first SPL match, with goals from McDonald, Conway & Harty

Where and How do I use the "editor" I can't find it anywhere on the options on the screen. :(

636673[/snapback]

Splodge - it is not part of the actual game but on your hard drive somewhere.

you can get into it through my documents/sports interactive/football manager on your C drive.

hopefully some more tech-minded person will explain this better than i just have!

Splodge - it is not part of the actual game but on your hard drive somewhere.

you can get into it through my documents/sports interactive/football manager on your C drive.

hopefully some more tech-minded person will explain this better than i just have!

636707[/snapback]

Go into My Computer, then into drive C:\ Then into program files, then into FM2005, then into FM2005 within the FM2005 Folder, then Look about for FM2005 data editor.

Here's something you might not know already, When you load up FM at the first screen you get go into game options and then Preferences. In their there is a dropdown menu For Database size, you can set it to small, medium (i think), or large, If you have it @ large then all the junior teams are in it like... Pollok, Arthurlie etc. ALL with the players they have in real life and aren't the made up ones that you cannot sign, you can sign them for basically f**k all, well the majority. Some good buys there, 1. setback however the game goes very slow.

I even found gordorn parks playing for Dunipace and Ian Spittal (can't remember team), Though your best off not signing them.

Also with large DB, you get a much greater bosman list and detail througout.

Championeeeeeeeeeeez.

10 game winning run meant I won the League in the first game after the split. Champion's League, here I come.

I need to make some signings but I don't know who to take out the team. I've got a tough choice on who to play at the back, and up front when all my players are fully fit, as it is.

Championeeeeeeeeeeez.

10 game winning run meant I won the League in the first game after the split. Champion's League, here I come.

I need to make some signings but I don't know who to take out the team. I've got a tough choice on who to play at the back, and up front when all my players are fully fit, as it is.

637058[/snapback]

How much have you to spend?

I just cant get into Football manager, its too slow compared to the older champ managers, and i dont like the new layout, it confuses me slightly.

Ive been playing football manager games for over 20 years now and this disapoints me greatly. :(

634185[/snapback]

CM 05 is much better than FM, FM layout is pish.

How much have you to spend?

637074[/snapback]

Now? Not much, the clubs only about £4m in the green, I think its about £2m, but i'm not going to spend it, somehow i've gone 2.3k p/w over my wage budget, which is weird because the season before, they were telling me I was 43k under budget.

St Johnstone just went bust :lol:

They don't have any good players though, I've got Chris Hay for about 8k, and they wanted 250k for Lovering, but I managed to get it down to 100k.

I've only got one signing target, and its Nacho Novo. He's transfer listed at Majorca, and they'll accept almost any offer, but he won't accept my contract offers. If he still won't sign at the start of the new season, i'll just get another 12 month loan (hopefully)

Now? Not much, the clubs only about £4m in the green, I think its about £2m, but i'm not going to spend it, somehow i've gone 2.3k p/w over my wage budget, which is weird because the season before, they were telling me I was 43k under budget.

St Johnstone just went bust :lol:

They don't have any good players though, I've got Chris Hay for about 8k, and they wanted 250k for Lovering, but I managed to get it down to 100k.

I've only got one signing target, and its Nacho Novo. He's transfer listed at Majorca, and they'll accept almost any offer, but he won't accept my contract offers. If he still won't sign at the start of the new season, i'll just get another 12 month loan (hopefully)

637405[/snapback]

Leave Novo, If Your looking striker/winger (right) Get Tijani Babangida He Is Miles Better than Novo, He Is Thee fastest player in the game by a long shot he has 20 dribbling (pace 20 also), and his crossing is also Amazing. It my not be exactly 20 but it changes from like 18 19 20. You may get him for less than 100k. But if not he has a release clause so use that i think it's like 200k - 300k maybe less.

And if you want a brilliant centre back. Get Ivan Hurtado. He might be on loan it depends but if not go for him. He's 34/35 i think But he's still going as good as any centre back in the game, He's a wee bit dirty @ times but he has brill tackling strength heading jumping and decent pace and klass marking. he should be playing either with murcia or bacelona ECU. also has a minimum fee around the same as Tijani Babangida's.

In football manager with elgin, i finnished 8th in the first season and then had back to back promotions and then narrowly missed out on promotion to the SPL, which i easyilly won the next season. A top 6 finnish in my first season in the SPL, then finnished 2nd the next and i was in the champs league. The next season i Won the SPL and the Champions league and decided it was as far as i could take elgin and resigned.

Cant remember the exact team but some of the stars in it were:

Neil McGregor

Stephen Dobbie (hibs)

Steven McLean (sheff wed)

Peter Leven (Kilmarnock)

Patrick Scullion (From Dunfermline, but actually ended up at Elgin in real life too! Went on to be Scotlands Captain in the World Cup Final in 2010)

Got job offers from loads of premiership clubs but thought it would be fun to make a small team big again and took charge of Kettering town in the Conference North League. Won the league in my first season, won the conference in my second, Won the play-offs in the next, now currently in league 1 in the year 2015.

Archived