Revised League Predictions After First Quarter

Well now we've all played each other, what is everyone's views on how the league will end up. I've split it into 4 categories.

Title challengers - Clyde, Queens Park, East Fife

Remaining Playoff spot contenders - Annan, Arbroath, Elgin

Not going up, not going down - Berwick, Montrose

Battling to avoid the drop - Stirling Albion, The Shire

Having seen every team in the first quarter with the exception of Annan, I am no closer to making a prediction on who will finish where. From an East Fife perspective we have been hot and cold. I don't think any team has been ultra consistant, and from memory the best run any team has had is probably 3 wins in a row. On any match day if your team drops their standards they will be punished, as all the teams are pretty well matched. Each game has different challenges a good few teams like Clyde and Stirling have set the emphases on a big strong physical core to their team. Queens Park looked to play the game how it should be played. Nathan Austin has been the difference in a lot of our games, and I don't think he will be at Bayview after the January window, as a few teams sniffing around him already. He would be hard to replace. I have been impressed with Annans results and they are strong on their own patch. They have also had decent results on the road. The standard of football isn't great as their isn't a lot of creative players on display. A lot of the football is route one and rely on the physical battle. Ill stick my neck out and say Annan wont be far away if they keep up their decent form on the road, as they don't give much away at home. If Austin stays with us until May we wont be far away either.

Champs - Annan, 2nd Elgin, 3rd Queens Park.

The rest of us carry on leading a mediocre existence in the dark and dreary depths of Scottish football.

Gotta love a happy ending.

ps

Shire to fight it out against the highland warriors and unfortunately never to be seen again.

Gotta love a happy ending. ps Shire to fight it out against the highland warriors and unfortunately never to be seen again.

Don't agree that would be a happy ending but we all have our opinions.

Pleased everybody are still underestimating the Mo this season. Keep it up.

It's so tight in this League, I can't see any team who you could say will be champions. Expect the usual suspects such as Queens Park, Clyde, possibly East Fife to be their or their abouts come the end of the season.

For the prized bottom spot, I expect the Shire to win this, hopefully the Albion will stage a remarkable turnaround and see us mid table at the very least or if we are very lucky sneak into the playoffs with a bit of luck.

My pre season prediction was that it would be between Clyde, Queens Park and Stirling for the league and that Elgin, Arbroath & Annan would be fighting it out for the other Play Off spot, with Shire, Berwick & Montrose having a long season.....and to be honest I'm not a million miles off the mark (so far).

The big ones for letting me down are both Montrose & Stirling. I don't think anyone expected Montrose to start the season the way they have and I think they've been the surprise package so far. Fair play to them though, it's been a remarkable turn around in such a short space of time, the question is can they keep it up though??

As for ourselves, jeez oh where do I start with that one? I still think the squad is capable of pulling results together, whether that happens though I don't know. Stirling just seem to be over playing everything and there is no doubt that various players are also under-performing. It's all if's, but's and maybe's for The Binos however Stuart McLaren does have the time and squad to turn things around.......I'm just not convinced he's the man to do it. Time will tell.

Archived