FIFA 16 Cup (PS4)

Slacker

Hello one and all. I organised quite a few successful competitions for FIFA 13 and did hee haw for FIFAs 14 & 15. But I'm back to see if there's any appetite for a new tournament.

Just comment 'IN', or however else you would like to declare your involvement, along with your PSN name. We'll deal with the specifics (teams and that) when we've got our numbers.

Cheers!

Entrants

ballymoneyyin - TheKopEnd1892

DonnieDarko - XCITERO

KieranClyde - keebzy

mrcat1990 - mrcatisgod

port-ton - Dorisplease

Ryan1877 - ryansmfc

Slacker - Smertyjag

SuperTon - RyanMcG1994

Group A

1. port-ton - 9 - P3 W3 D0 L0 GD+6 Team: Southampton

2. KieranClyde - 3 - P2 W1 D0 L1 GD0 Team: Roma

3. SuperTon 0 - P2 W0 D0 L2 GD-2 Team: Napoli

4. ballymoneyyin 0 - P1 W0 D0 L1 GD-4 Team: Liverpool

KieranClyde 1-2 port-ton

port-ton 4-0 ballymoneyyin

KieranClyde 3-2 SuperTon

port-ton 1-0 SuperTon

Group B

1. Slacker - 7 - P3 W2 D1 L0 GD+2 Team: Tottenham Hotspur

2. Ryan1877 - 4 - P3 W1 D1 L1 GD+1 Team: Leicester City

3. DonnieDarko - 3 - P3 W0 D3 L0 GD0 Team: Everton

4. mrcat1990 - 1 - P3 W0 D1 L2 GD-3 Team: Athletic Bilbao

DonnieDarko 1-1 mrcat1990

Slacker 1-0 Ryan1877

Slacker 1-1 DonnieDarko

Slacker 1-0 mrcat1990

DonnieDarko 1-1 Ryan1877

mrcat1990 0-2 Ryan1877

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You all happy with a knockout competition or would you rather have two groups of 4, playing each other once, with the semi's being the winner of group A playing runner-up of group B, and winner of B playing runner-up A? More matches for everyone that way, I suppose.

I'm easy. Just throwing suggestions out there.

You all happy with a knockout competition or would you rather have two groups of 4, playing each other once, with the semi's being the winner of group A playing runner-up of group B, and winner of B playing runner-up A? More matches for everyone that way, I suppose.

I'm easy. Just throwing suggestions out there.

I like the second idea but seeing it becoming difficult trying to get all fixtures arranged.

I like the second idea but seeing it becoming difficult trying to get all fixtures arranged.

f**k it, let's just try it. We've got eight, for the purposes of this first tournament I think we should just keep it at that. I've arranged everyone alphabetically and given them a number from 1-8 and drawn the following two groups using random.org:

Group A

KieranClyde

port-ton

ballymoneyyin

SuperTon

Group B

Ryan1877

Slacker

DonnieDarko

mrcat1990

I'll stick these groups in the opening post and update when you post your results. Let's aim to get them completed by next Monday? Almost a full week to play three matches each...

I would say for teams just no 5 star teams, if you're all happy with that? If so, I'll go Tottenham.

Let me know if anyone disagrees with any of this. This is a democracy.

Roma 1-2 Southampton

Very tight game with all three goals coming in the last 5 minutes of the game. Despite there being 19 shots on goal during the game both teams really only had a couple of clear cut chances to score, with us both missing decent chances by hitting the ball wide. Was an enjoyable, tight game with defences coming out on top, with me taking the lead on 87 minutes, then getting a penalty a couple of minutes later, and Kieran scoring with basically the last kick of the ball to make it a little bit nervous for me.

Could easily have went either way and first goal was always going to be crucial and luckily for me i got it.

Southampton 4-0 Liverpool (Ballymoneyyin)

Pretty one sided game in all truth, although Sturridge, Benteke and Coutinho always looked dangerous so never felt comfortable until it was 3-0. Everything went right for me in this game, Southampton as an attacking force looked much better than they did against Roma, but all in all pretty good result against a side of Liverpool's quality.

I work Sunday's to Wednesday's and don't get home until about (19:15) those nights so I'm available any of those nights or and other day other than a Saturday when I'll be at the game.

I can play now if anyone in my group fancies it?

Archived