Yes city dundee

kevthedee

Incorrect.

Labour have no choice but to repeatedly bring up referendum stuff because they have literally no policies they can espouse in Scotland to persuade people to vote for them. Their only option is to fire out daily SNPbad soundbites.

Thankfully only a handful of nodding dog "Laeburr" types like yourself are thick enough to fall for it.

The term "nodding dog" can be used just as easy for SNP supporters,any time your party gets negative press its all SNP bad/biased media lies blah blah.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salmond was more than happy to speak about another independance vote when he was promoting his book sales.

As for the SNP how many of the SNP mp/msp/ party members have brought up the independance subject and put pressure on for it to be in the 2016 manifesto.

People forget the no side won so there is no need for them to keep the debate going thats the yes/SNP side.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/alex-salmond-interview-if-scotland-voted-on-independence-again-today-we-would-win-10506500.html

Well, no. Journalists constantly ask about a second indy ref, and those they ask provide an answer. I'd sure plenty of people would say that a 'no comment' answer was the 'SNP NOT RESPECTING THE RESULT OF THE REFERENDUM!!!!!!!' The pro-union parties constantly bring it up at FMQs and during debates as well. I can't think of many instances where anyone related to the SNP - other than Salmond who is the biggest wind up merchant in Scottish politics - has instigated that particular conversation.

Outliers like Tommy Sheridan and the Scottish Resistance wont let it lie because the constitution is only thing that seems to really drive them. The SNP moved on incredibly quickly, hence why they converted their golden chance at the general election into votes. Linking all the elements of yes together would be like linking the Tories and labour together, something which I'm sure you wouldn't really appreciate either.

Just spotted another post about 'nodding dog' SNP supporters. On twitter, that is definitely the case - some would justify just about anything the SNP gets up to and that's not right. Other than a couple of notable exceptions on here, that argument doesn't really stack up. I voted SNP and find myself constantly criticising them, same with most others on here who voted the same way . There's always an element of nodding dogs who follow every political party. The fact that the SNP has significantly more supporters than all others in Scotland at the moment means they have a significantly bigger lunatic fringe.

Salmond was more than happy to speak about another independance vote when he was promoting his book sales.

As for the SNP how many of the SNP mp/msp/ party members have brought up the independance subject and put pressure on for it to be in the 2016 manifesto.

People forget the no side won so there is no need for them to keep the debate going thats the yes/SNP side.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/alex-salmond-interview-if-scotland-voted-on-independence-again-today-we-would-win-10506500.html

That's an astonishingly ignorant and naive view. The issue of a second referendum was pushed hard by the unionist parties in the run up to the general election, in the misguided belief that they could push Nicola Sturgeon into promising one and thereby cut her support. Go back and watch the televised debates with Murpy and Sturgeon, or subsequent debates with Dugdale. They are utterly obsessed with a second referendum, as they seem to believe that implying the SNP are betraying the majority of Scots by having one (when they're not having one) will drive people back to their moribund, morally- and intellectually-bankrupt parties.

He could have said no its was his choice.

You want him to lie when asked if he thinks Scotland will become an independent country? That would be a bit like you saying that you don't believe Labour will be in power in the UK again in your lifetime because they just got humped in the GE (and not just in Scotland).

Deary me Kev,

In what way is talking about a second referendum not respecting the result of the first? I know it's unlikely you've given any independent thought to that question before and you're just repeating what other morons have said but try thinking about it. It might help.

The No side don't want a second indyref or any mention of it, naturally. The reason you're all so bothered about it is because you all know the result was close enough and the demographics of the vote mean that a second indyref sometime in the next decade is entirely winnable for the Yes side.

Which is precisely the reason we're going to keep it on the agenda. Not one person on our side gives a solitary f**k whether you're OK with that or not so I'd just accept it if I were you.

Really don't see the point in going to rallies myself. There are political parties I can freely vote for who support Independence - there's nothing to protest about.

When folk slag off the numbers at these things, they're not taking into account the fact that 99% of us are quite happy to just wait for the inevitable and not waste our weekends standing about singing about it.

Indeed. If anyone could be arsed working it out, I'd bet a significant sum of money on the word "referendum" being used by Dugdale at least twice as much as any SNP member in the media this year.

I actually think the majority of No voters are far too furious to realise that talk of a second referendum, which, by the way has been discussed FAR more by unionists than SNP/ Yes types, is entirely democratic.

Absolutely this. Reading the motions, questions and party press releases every week (not through choice), it is absolutely the three Unionist parties who waste time greeting about Independence all the time.

The Lib Dems are the worst. I'm at the stage where I think Rennie and his comms team are genuinely delusional about who spends too much time talking about it.

Archived