Central Division First 2015/16

Hong Kong Phooey

Thought Wishaw played well yesterday boy Dan who scored couple of goals had a good game on a good run of form just now if we can keep it up who knows were we could finish, my last game was St Rochs away and thought we should have taken at least a point from that game still to get to a home game as I work away can anyone tell me how we are playing at home as results have been good.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Candy are starting to look a very strong team.....at home.

St Anthony's away 2-3

Vale of Clyde away 3-3 which was a home game that had to be rescheduled.

Thorniewood away 1-2

One point from those three league games.

And a win at Dunipace away 3-1

Come the end of season the Candy might well be looking for all those lost points.

Positives for the Candy's manager who came from the amateur ranks, even after dropping those points his team are still third in the league.

His team play attractive football although the chances made need to be sunk.

On the park its a learning curve.

Off the park, his team has increased crowds.

Taking a guess as the winter starts i'll say the Candy will stay up after gaining promotion last summer, something they haven't done since 1979.

Thanks for your comment Glenconner

Although don't completely agree with your Suggestion that we are not an "away" team

In all competitions we have played :-

Home P6 W4 L2

Away P7 W3 D1 L3

Yesterday - I my opinion we deserved something from game and the sending off had an impact.

Thorniewood at every good side and not many will win there - we have a couple of big ges coming up and our realistic target at the moment is still 4th bottom.

Enjoying this division some really decent sides- for me Wishaw were excellent and we stole victory that day - think over the course that old adage is proving correct that in this division anyone can beat anyone on their day.

Thanks for your comment Glenconner

Although don't completely agree with your Suggestion that we are not an "away" team

In all competitions we have played :-

Home P6 W4 L2

Away P7 W3 D1 L3

Yesterday - I my opinion we deserved something from game and the sending off had an impact.

Thorniewood at every good side and not many will win there - we have a couple of big ges coming up and our realistic target at the moment is still 4th bottom.

Enjoying this division some really decent sides- for me Wishaw were excellent and we stole victory that day - think over the course that old adage is proving correct that in this division anyone can beat anyone on their day.

The two home games lost were against Petershill 0-4 but only 0-1 at halftime.

Funnily it's the one game i thought we were truly given a football lesson especially in the second half.

Plus is it really 34 years since the Candy beat the Peasy?

And the Cumnock game 1-2 which i thought the Candy could have got something out of.

I wouldn't leave this reflection without mentioning the 10 old fashioned friendly games that have been played.

Easy to dismiss these as bounce games and try outs.

But having saw the entire 10 of them i make it ten wins out of ten against some pretty interesting sides with about 40 goals scored.

Better 40 for than 40 against.

The Candy are starting to look a very strong team.....at home.

St Anthony's away 2-3

Vale of Clyde away 3-3 which was a home game that had to be rescheduled.

Thorniewood away 1-2

One point from those three league games.

And a win at Dunipace away 3-1

Come the end of season the Candy might well be looking for all those lost points.

Positives for the Candy's manager who came from the amateur ranks, even after dropping those points his team are still third in the league.

His team play attractive football although the chances made need to be sunk.

On the park its a learning curve.

Off the park, his team has increased crowds.

Taking a guess as the winter starts i'll say the Candy will stay up after gaining promotion last summer, something they haven't done since 1979.

Only missed the Scottish Cup tie this season and we have really continued from where we finished last season in terms of league form, in a tougher league. So straight from the off, to be at the desired end of the league must be a delight for the management team.

The facts, that whilst we might have scraped through some home games, I feel we have missed that wee bit of luck in each of the 3 games we dropped points.

I'm certain the manager got some stick and there was a fair amount of doubt with his amateur background and amateur players, but I think the emphasis of the team unit over individuals has worked a treat.

Staying up will ultimately be the aim I'm sure, but if the lads can keep in touch over the Christmas period, then who knows.

Some massive matches coming up...but personally I have really enjoyed the football we play and the feel good factor in general about the club.

Hong Kong Phooey for the Gow job.
Not me mate. I'm too busy teaching English
Gow manager chucks it! quoting he "Can't see a way forwards" bit early in the season for me, but having only seen them once with their new signings this season they appear to be an unpredictable team from one week to the next.
Where did you get the quote from?

Only missed the Scottish Cup tie this season and we have really continued from where we finished last season in terms of league form, in a tougher league. So straight from the off, to be at the desired end of the league must be a delight for the management team.

The facts, that whilst we might have scraped through some home games, I feel we have missed that wee bit of luck in each of the 3 games we dropped points.

I'm certain the manager got some stick and there was a fair amount of doubt with his amateur background and amateur players, but I think the emphasis of the team unit over individuals has worked a treat.

Staying up will ultimately be the aim I'm sure, but if the lads can keep in touch over the Christmas period, then who knows.

Some massive matches coming up...but personally I have really enjoyed the football we play and the feel good factor in general about the club.

Over the piece the on the park activity is remarkable starting from 15 months or so ago.

The only down side i have regarding the manager is he and his coaching staff didn't get asked in sooner.

Off the park the committee is having to pick up on years of neglect and fair play to them on moving forward.

John Brogan from Lanark United would be a good shout for the Gow post

He has done a good job over there and good manager

The ex lanark players now with the Gow liked him

Not enough to stay, despite his best efforts!

Score predictions this weekend ?

Dunipace F.C. 2 - Wishaw Juniors F.C. 2

Larkhall Thistle F.C. 2 - Carluke Rovers F.C. 1

Maryhill F.C. 3 - Thorniewood United F.C. 2

Renfrew F.C. 2 - Lesmahagow Juniors F.C. 3

St. Anthony's F.C. 0 - Rossvale F.C. 2

St. Roch's F.C. 2 - Johnstone Burgh F.C. 1

Archived