Central Division First 2015/16

Hong Kong Phooey

Fixtures for the 7th of November

Dunipace F.C. - Wishaw Juniors F.C. 14:00 Larkhall Thistle F.C. - Carluke Rovers F.C. 14:00 Maryhill F.C. - Thorniewood United F.C. 14:00 Renfrew F.C. - Lesmahagow Juniors F.C. 14:00 St. Anthony's F.C. - Rossvale F.C. 14:00 St. Roch's F.C. - Johnstone Burgh F.C. 14:00

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just as I was thinking,looking forward to this one now couple of big tests coming up for us in the next few weeks

Always good when the first round of games are done and you get to see who is shaping up well. I definitely think we got caught out with the change in Johnstone Burgh. Next couple of weeks should be interesting.

The Candy are starting to look a very strong team.....at home.

St Anthony's away 2-3

Vale of Clyde away 3-3 which was a home game that had to be rescheduled.

Thorniewood away 1-2

One point from those three league games.

And a win at Dunipace away 3-1

Come the end of season the Candy might well be looking for all those lost points.

Positives for the Candy's manager who came from the amateur ranks, even after dropping those points his team are still third in the league.

His team play attractive football although the chances made need to be sunk.

On the park its a learning curve.

Off the park, his team has increased crowds.

Taking a guess as the winter starts i'll say the Candy will stay up after gaining promotion last summer, something they haven't done since 1979.

Shocking performance from gow yesterday not on there game at all, missing a few key players but should have done better. Defence and goalkeeper lost it for them.

Wishaw where too good and too strong for lesmahagow that's why they where beaten. Not because of Lesmahagows poor performance. You where just beaten by a far better side.

Wishaw where too good and too strong for lesmahagow that's why they where beaten. Not because of Lesmahagows poor performance. You where just beaten by a far better side.

I've seen both teams this year on more than one occasion and would have to agree that Wishaw, for me, are a better team on their day. Maybe consistency might prove to be a problem but they definitely have good ability and a great team spirit.

Lesmahagow where destroyed yesterday. Wishaw where unstoppable. With the performance the wishaw boys put in there was no stopping them, even with your so called better players you wouldn't have won. Hope to see these 4 boys abilities when they come to the Beltane. Maybe Wishaw can get out of neutral and through the gears next time.

Archived