1st quarter reports

As long as we win the league, you lot can beat us four times AFAIC.

YDAGWYW

(You don't always get what you want)

In all seriousness, I think this is going to be a lot closer than people think. I just don't see you running away with it, nor us.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we made a slow start considering McCall was here last season and could have seen some of the problems earlier. Since then so far so good and he's made some really good signings alongside getting the best from under performing players. If things continue the same we have a really good chance of going the distance. Still think we're living a week to week existence unfortunately though due to loan signings, lack of wingers and very basic cover in key positions. A few changes could really affect us but also wouldn't rule McCall having a few plan b's to save the day.

Since the Rovers debacle first game we are flying. If it hadn't been for two late goals we would had been on an eight game winning streak. The Forfar one in particular showed up typical Ayr United failings in conceding to a late corner which should have been cleared. But 20 points from 27 is title winning form. Not getting carried away though. I'm long enough in the tooth to realise it could all go arse over tit. After the last couple of wretched seasons this is a breath of fresh Ayr. The Dunfermline result shocked me as I didn't think we were good enough to get a win up there.

But we are grinding out results, sometimes when not playing well which as they say is the sign of a good team.

This is shaping up to be a similar season to 08/09 when we traded punches with another team from Fife before eventually losing out on the title. Hopefully we can keep going and win, but realistically I'm still looking towards gaining a play off spot and hopefully promotion.

I still feel our defence looks a bit shaky at times, and Players only signed until January could come back to bite us in the arse, but I am sure an experienced man like McCall will be doing everything to try and sort this out.

I had my doubts about McCall, but he is proving me wrong, and long may it continue.

Brian's report card states : Keep up the good work

YDAGWYW

(You don't always get what you want)

In all seriousness, I think this is going to be a lot closer than people think. I just don't see you running away with it, nor us.

I think you'll be close but always 3-6 points behind and we will have it all wrapped up with a few games to spare.

I hope that you run us to the last day and we end up winning it with a last minute winner because that would be a lot more exciting and fun, especially with the threat of losing it.

I think you'll be close but always 3-6 points behind and we will have it all wrapped up with a few games to spare.

I hope that you run us to the last day and we end up winning it with a last minute winner because that would be a lot more exciting and fun, especially with the threat of losing it.

Always 3-6 points behind...except now obviously

As opposed to a lot of our fans I'm relatively happy with our progress. I always said that, having lost an impressive manager, his assistant, and 12 players over the summer, I'd settle happily for mid-table this season. We're sitting thereabouts at the end of a first quarter which a number of our fans have described as dreadful. We have had really disappointing results at home to Peterhead and Albion Rovers, but in recent weeks have won at Forfar and Airdrie. Will reserve overall judgement until later in the season but give a B to Brian Reid based on an improving first quarter.

Archived