What song or music would you like played at your funeral?

ICTJohnboy

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/01/2022 at 23:49, Jimi Shandrix said:

Sadly, I've had to have a good think about this lately. My cancer is terminal and at 48 my race is almost run. Just a few months left according to the docs. I could keep the mourners hanging around listening to My Bloody Valentine b-sides and early Parquet Courts singles all day but I don't think they'd appreciate it. Some punter once said it's better to burn out than fade away, so that's what I'm going to do. Thanks P&B, it's been a lot of fun, but it's time to sign out and bid you all goodnight. Get every lump and bump checked out before it's too late and don't wait to do all the things you want to do in life. Lots of love and peace out.

Sad news @Jimi Shandrix A great poster in various music topics and especially like your posts about The Fed and Midlands tier 6 futba in general. 

On 21/01/2022 at 13:19, Jimi Shandrix said:

Sadly, I've had to have a good think about this lately. My cancer is terminal and at 48 my race is almost run. Just a few months left according to the docs. I could keep the mourners hanging around listening to My Bloody Valentine b-sides and early Parquet Courts singles all day but I don't think they'd appreciate it. Some punter once said it's better to burn out than fade away, so that's what I'm going to do. Thanks P&B, it's been a lot of fun, but it's time to sign out and bid you all goodnight. Get every lump and bump checked out before it's too late and don't wait to do all the things you want to do in life. Lots of love and peace out.

Just read this through a post on the Dundee thread. So, so sorry to read this. All the very best and fight that b*****d of an illness to the very end my man. 👍

• 4 months later...
On 25/06/2022 at 17:24, SweeperDee said:

Anyone heard from Jimi personally or has he been active?

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm still hanging in there but I don't post much anymore. I'm quite ill now but determined to keep going. Made it to Scotland v Ukraine game and Parquet Courts gig in Glasgow a few weeks back. Try to get out for a wander round the block with the missus most days but it's tough. Still fighting though. All the best.

16 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm still hanging in there but I don't post much anymore. I'm quite ill now but determined to keep going. Made it to Scotland v Ukraine game and Parquet Courts gig in Glasgow a few weeks back. Try to get out for a wander round the block with the missus most days but it's tough. Still fighting though. All the best.

Best of luck Jimi.

Great to hear bud. Keep going and take each day as they come. Missing your contributions on the music side of things but glad to hear you’re getting out and about and living your life. All the best with the future chief. Much love.

Great to hear bud. Keep going and take each day as they come. Missing your contributions on the music side of things but glad to hear you’re getting out and about and living your life. All the best with the future chief. Much love.

On 27/06/2022 at 16:08, Jimi Shandrix said:

All power to you, Jimi.