Formartine United v Clyde

ScottR96

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't think Formartine were anything special just we were that bad, best team won on the day

To a certain extent that is probably true. Formartine played well within themselves, but really didn't require to do any more. I was rather surprised at the poor quality of Clyde's play. There was very little invention or much that resembled passing on the ground. They also relied a lot on brute force and niggly fouling. So yes maybe Formartine could have done even better. They are capable of more. On the day they still played better than Clyde and won the game in every department. Well deserved win I'd say and this is the furthest that Formartine have gone in the Scottish Cup so thank you Clyde.

How did gary wood and Johnny Crawford play on Saturday for formartine?

Both were pretty sound, J.C gets better with every game. He normally partners Craig McKeown, but with Craiger being injured Woody moved from his normal forward position to partner J.C at centre back for the Clyde game. I think Woody has scored about 10 goals this season.

To a certain extent that is probably true. Formartine played well within themselves, but really didn't require to do any more. I was rather surprised at the poor quality of Clyde's play. There was very little invention or much that resembled passing on the ground. They also relied a lot on brute force and niggly fouling. So yes maybe Formartine could have done even better. They are capable of more. On the day they still played better than Clyde and won the game in every department. Well deserved win I'd say and this is the furthest that Formartine have gone in the Scottish Cup so thank you Clyde.

Let me agree. Formartine were very very comfortable, in every department....so much so that your starting goalie had a half time warm.up.while our BoD were busy shiteing it from Barry fucking Ferguson's tantrum in the dugout. That you.didnt get out first gear is a superb analysis of Clyde's approach and attitude, on and off the park. Good luck.in.the next round. Sincerely.

even accounting for Clyde's shortcomings, the fact that Formartine barely got out of second gear to go through should not be dismissed, so that's one away tie I'd rather avoid in the next round.........sincerely

Let me agree. Formartine were very very comfortable, in every department....so much so that your starting goalie had a half time warm.up.while our BoD were busy shiteing it from Barry fucking Ferguson's tantrum in the dugout. That you.didnt get out first gear is a superb analysis of Clyde's approach and attitude, on and off the park. Good luck.in.the next round. Sincerely.

Good on you. Not always easy to be magnanimous in defeat. Appreciate the good wishes too. Good luck in getting yourselves sorted out.

Campie, my opinion of Sweeney's playing abilities whilst with Clyde have no connection whatsover with his performances for other clubs, either previous or since..............he could be Beckenbauer, Cruyff and Maradonna all rolled into one down your way, but would anybody really notice...............I've lost count of the number of Queen's Park players who weren't good enough for us, and yet became regulars for your team................co-incidence, or a reflection of the differing standards of our respective leagues?

Sweeney may well be a star for 'Lok, but if you care to canvas Clyde fans I believe you'll find the majority loved him more for his never say die attitude than his silky skills, and I would very much doubt whether that honest assessment would bother him as much as it seems to do you. Care to expand on why you're so protective of a guy whom by all accounts needs little protecting?

Guest The Phoenix

^^^^ Half way through learning Morse Code. ;)

Archived