Formartine United v Clyde

ScottR96

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never even heard of Fortmarine. No doubt a diddy town packed full of utter bumpkins and retirees, with an utter shanner of a football team to match. Fortmarine 0-5 Clyde.

Owteno,

You've surely been on P&B long enough now to realise that it's not really the_bully_wee's fault that he's developed this patronising attitude towards supporters of all clubs other than his own. Nature might suggest it's the selective breeding, but nurture provides the real reason as they've all been brought up to believe how special a club Clyde are, so it hits them harder than most on occasions like this when they discover that their entire footballing lives have been built on a falsehood. Until reality kicks in, the majority of them will continuity to wrap themselves in their superiority blankets, winning the hearts and minds of true football fans everywhere.

Take my hat off to Fortmartine, they obviously wanted it more than we did.

Our performance yesterday reminded me of the game against Spartans last year. We could have played all day and still no scored.

Embarrassing.

Owteno,

You've surely been on P&B long enough now to realise that it's not really the_bully_wee's fault that he's developed this patronising attitude towards supporters of all clubs other than his own. Nature might suggest it's the selective breeding, but nurture provides the real reason as they've all been brought up to believe how special a club Clyde are, so it hits them harder than most on occasions like this when they discover that their entire footballing lives have been built on a falsehood. Until reality kicks in, the majority of them will continuity to wrap themselves in their superiority blankets, winning the hearts and minds of true football fans everywhere.

Whoosh.

Most fitba fans thought ooft that's a tough draw for Clyde. Except for the Clyde fans on P&B.

So there ye go.

Well done Foremartine United...

Perfect summary of events. Clyde fans will never learn. They're very needy and enjoy being centre of attention. What trainers will I wear - holy f**k!

Time they stopped their whining and asked the big question; what's Ferguson's real agenda? Is he just using Clyde as an easy option to practise coaching until he's ready to run Rangers? Did he just want a club 10 minutes along the M73 so he could be close to home? Is he subsidising running costs because he's a good egg or because he's a multi-millionaire schooled in the art of tax evasion by the Murray empire. Not only will his 'donations' be tax-admissible they also serve to underpin the incompetency of the chairman and his sycophants and create a dependency. Does Barry Ferguson plan to own Clyde?

If you think of him as a coach that makes no sense. If you think of him as a businessman who wants to be a big shot (and his ego certainly qualifies him for that) in his own back yard it's very feasible. I predicted at the start of last season that all the personality traits Ferguson displays meant he would not be a good coach. Proven. Not just Clyde; he doesn't poses the qualities to succeed anywhere in Scotland. He also failed as a player everywhere except his beloved Rangers where he led a very privileged life, hence why he though he could get away with the events that led to his international career being severed. The same arrogance that's seen him barney with Clyde fans during a game. And if he's like that in public just imagine how dominating he will be with the chairman behind close doors. Will it take another Steadman incident before Clyde fans stop moaning about their stadium or what trainers to wear an deal with the realty of facing the abyss?

Those, like me, who had a good look at how Formartine United have grown and developed wouldn't have been surprised by yesterday's result and if Clyde fans could find some humility in their souls they'd find that there's an awful lot they could learn from this club to enrich their own.

Congratulations to Formartine. Apologies for hijacking your match thread but if you draw QP in the next round not only will our fans respect your club and enjoy your hospitality, we'll quietly clean our shoes if they get a wee bit mucky.

Perfect summary of events. Clyde fans will never learn. They're very needy and enjoy being centre of attention. What trainers will I wear - holy f**k!

Time they stopped their whining and asked the big question; what's Ferguson's real agenda? Is he just using Clyde as an easy option to practise coaching until he's ready to run Rangers? Did he just want a club 10 minutes along the M73 so he could be close to home? Is he subsidising running costs because he's a good egg or because he's a multi-millionaire schooled in the art of tax evasion by the Murray empire. Not only will his 'donations' be tax-admissible they also serve to underpin the incompetency of the chairman and his sycophants and create a dependency. Does Barry Ferguson plan to own Clyde?

If you think of him as a coach that makes no sense. If you think of him as a businessman who wants to be a big shot (and his ego certainly qualifies him for that) in his own back yard it's very feasible. I predicted at the start of last season that all the personality traits Ferguson displays meant he would not be a good coach. Proven. Not just Clyde; he doesn't poses the qualities to succeed anywhere in Scotland. He also failed as a player everywhere except his beloved Rangers where he led a very privileged life, hence why he though he could get away with the events that led to his international career being severed. The same arrogance that's seen him barney with Clyde fans during a game. And if he's like that in public just imagine how dominating he will be with the chairman behind close doors. Will it take another Steadman incident before Clyde fans stop moaning about their stadium or what trainers to wear an deal with the realty of facing the abyss?

Those, like me, who had a good look at how Formartine United have grown and developed wouldn't have been surprised by yesterday's result and if Clyde fans could find some humility in their souls they'd find that there's an awful lot they could learn from this club to enrich their own.

Congratulations to Formartine. Apologies for hijacking your match t

hread but if you draw QP in the next round not only will our fans respect your club and enjoy your hospitality, we'll quietly clean our shoes if they get a wee bit mucky.

Your imagination is outstanding I'll give you that, however, you deserve a right good skelp across your bunnet for the sense of humour bypass regarding the posts of Clyde fans who are clearly at the wind up.

Congratulations to Formartine. Apologies for hijacking your match thread but if you draw QP in the next round not only will our fans respect your club and enjoy your hospitality, we'll quietly clean our shoes if they get a wee bit mucky.

Not a bad post, to be fair.

Your only mistake is to accuse all Clyde fans of being as immature as a few of the more vociferous juvenile posters on here.

Most of us are adult enough to realise that yesterday was going to be difficult given Formartine's form and goal scoring record, against the abysmal season we've been having - again!

Fair play to Formartine, they did what was required without too much sweat. The only surprise to me was that they didn't score more.

I could ask questions about the ability of a small village being able to fund such a competent team, it all seems a bit Gretna or Brora to me but that would sound perhaps a bit sour grapes at this point.

So,

Formartine fans, enjoy what you have just now, because no one knows better than us Clyde fans how cyclical football is.

... Oh, hullo.

Well. What about it then? The Bully Wee. Sent homeward to the home they don't have to think again about their lack of thought. A horrible business. And one made all the more horrible by vice of its longueur. It all put me in mind of something one of my parishoners recently told me. And that was that every lining has a silver cloud. Or, you know, something like that.

No, seriously now...

One of the dogmas of the Catholic church used to be this: outside the church there is no salvation (extra ecclesiam nulla salus). Indeed, some would say it remains one of its dogmas to this day. Subject, of course, to the changing face of that Church down the ages (oh, isn't he ugly...).

It was until yesterday that I, in my protestantism, had wrestled with this dogma. I think now I understand (or, if not, can at least rationalise it and finish off the People's Friend).

For a sow'ul like me - oh, and I am a sow'ul - that Catholic dogma means simply this: even mass beats that shh...!

Fair play to QPSA and The Spider. Clyde have offered them the perfect opportunity to goad us - the goal is literally gaping and they still manage to score an own goal at the other end. Quite something.

I think it's time someone beamed you up Scotty - clearly watching a different game from the rest of us

I don't think that we can be accused of not giving Clyde a sporting chance. Craig McKeown was injured so striker Gary Wood filled the centre half berth.

In all honesty I don't think that there is a huge gulf between the respective leagues. Clyde look like a side who are struggling and were devoid of a sense of purpose. I don't know if they normally play like that, but if they do it will be a long season for them and their fans.

This QP obsession is really weird. First of all, I couldn't give a single f**k about them, I don't see them as our rivals and never have. If anything they were a team that I had no idea whether they played at Hampden or Lesser Hampden due to the complete insignificance of them... However, Thistle and the Accies are Rivals of us and I fuckin hate both of them, but you'll never see me trawling through their pages, or page in Accies terms. You know why? Because I have a life... Jog on ya wee Queenie Bellends.

You'll never go trawling through their threads as they are far superior clubs in every single way to the pathetic little club that is clyde.

Not a bad post, to be fair.

Your only mistake is to accuse all Clyde fans of being as immature as a few of the more vociferous juvenile posters on here.

Most of us are adult enough to realise that yesterday was going to be difficult given Formartine's form and goal scoring record, against the abysmal season we've been having - again!

I'm sure there are plenty of decent Clyde fans, said so many times. Unfortunately you are in the silent majority. I've also made the distinction between Clyde FC as a club being very different to the dozen or so wet hankies whose whole life seems to be about how wretched their 'team' is.

Perhaps the next time a section of Clyde fans who associated your club with Nazism and the Third Reich are exposed some "mature" fans might step up and make it clear that Clyde FC don't want that kind of stuff. Just one would be an improvement.

This QP obsession is really weird. First of all, I couldn't give a single f**k about them, I don't see them as our rivals and never have. If anything they were a team that I had no idea whether they played at Hampden or Lesser Hampden due to the complete insignificance of them... However, Thistle and the Accies are Rivals of us and I fuckin hate both of them, but you'll never see me trawling through their pages, or page in Accies terms. You know why? Because I have a life... Jog on ya wee Queenie Bellends.

Oh dear! You seriously need some help. Such fury and rage just to demonstrate how you don't care about something.

Always tend to find that people who post to say how much they're not bothered are actually typing through tears tbh.

Always tend to find that people who post to say how much they're not bothered are actually typing through tears tbh.

So what's your opinion on people who constantly post on other teams topics then? What are they typing through? Is it the only place people will engage with you in any form? Take a deep breath, pull yourself together, and concentrate on your own teams affairs.

Archived