Airdrieonians vs Stranraer

Oh away and don't talk utter p*sh! If I remember correctly Walter Smith always set his team up not to lose and was loved by the rangers horde and funnily enough I think he actually won a few trophies along the way. If you want a really extreme example Greece winning the Euro championships a few years back playing defensive football. Just because you set up not to lose doesn't mean you don't want to win it either, I would happily take 20 odd 1-0 wins a season if it saw us get promotion.

yeah he mostly set his team up in Europe to play like that and hit them with pace and some one who can score goals .bollan has none of them and any where near the level of players Walter smith had ... And as for that did Chelsea not get pumped at the week end trying to park the bus with the reason of there defence is not good enough ... Bollans is showing nothing that would want anyone to keep him on Barr the few that are stuck up his arse

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What even is this post? We are sitting fourth in the league after 9 games with 13 points and a positive goal difference! This time last year and the year before we were sitting with 8 points and a negative goal difference and most importantly were bottom of the league.

lol what cos he has us where we should be every year he's good and we must keep him it just shows how shite him and Boyle are .its the only decent thing he has done in two years is have that's good a start the the rovers are right up our arse ...if had a clue an signed what we needed we would be even more better if you are happy at the seasons targets being 4th then it shows what realy is wrong with the club.

lol what cos he has us where we should be every year he's good and we must keep him it just shows how shite him and Boyle are .its the only decent thing he has done in two years is have that's good a start the the rovers are right up our arse ...if had a clue an signed what we needed we would be even more better if you are happy at the seasons targets being 4th then it shows what realy is wrong with the club.

yeah he mostly set his team up in Europe to play like that and hit them with pace and some one who can score goals .bollan has none of them and any where near the level of players Walter smith had ... And as for that did Chelsea not get pumped at the week end trying to park the bus with the reason of there defence is not good enough ... Bollans is showing nothing that would want anyone to keep him on Barr the few that are stuck up his arse

Did Chelsea not win the league last season with the park the bus tactics?

Anyway, at no point in time did I say Bollan or his players were anywhere as good as what Walter Smith had at his disposal but just trying to highlight that not all managers play full on attacking football.

I don't think I said I would be happy with 4th at the end of the season, but if you were to offer me it right now I would most certainly take it, you can say that this is what is wrong with the club all you like but for me getting to the play offs should be this years target and hopefully from that gain promotion

Chelsea done enough in the first half of the season last year to play like they did in the second half And have bein found out this year that parkin the bus is not good enough if you dot have ye right mix of players

Am not sayin u said that but u can't really compare what Walter smith did with Scotland and rangers to what bollans Doing at airdrie Walter smith is miles better than bollan could ever dream of and knew that if he was going to play that style of football you would have the right players in place to do so playin our best right back at left back is plain stupid ..Bain should be no where near the defence but bollan plays that style when we dnt have the team for it

He should have learned from last year and in some games he is happy for a draw witch is not good enough if we want to do anything this year as a said he's bein that good the rovers are up our arse

Ayr don't have the best team this year But there playing to there strengths witch at the moment we are not

Chelsea done enough in the first half of the season last year to play like they did in the second half And have bein found out this year that parkin the bus is not good enough if you dot have ye right mix of players

Am not sayin u said that but u can't really compare what Walter smith did with Scotland and rangers to what bollans Doing at airdrie Walter smith is miles better than bollan could ever dream of and knew that if he was going to play that style of football you would have the right players in place to do so playin our best right back at left back is plain stupid ..Bain should be no where near the defence but bollan plays that style when we dnt have the team for it

He should have learned from last year and in some games he is happy for a draw witch is not good enough if we want to do anything this year as a said he's bein that good the rovers are up our arse

Ayr don't have the best team this year But there playing to there strengths witch at the moment we are not

So if you dont play Bain who plays at left back?

As i said I'm not saying Bollan is as good as you are describing above, just that the styles of play are similar

He sould have signed a left back to play left back it's a no brainer Bain is much better going forward when he's not diving

And if we dnt have the team to play that way why dose he ?? Y not play 3-5-2 with the wingers getting back to cover or even 3-1-4-2 for me if we dnt have a left back dnt play that style and its the same style he has played since he come to the club. so y did he not get the players he needs to play his style in the summer ??and not just do with what we have got till the window opens and we sign a left back on loan no dout

See all this talk with folk saying they wouldnt take either Barry or Derek Ferguson cause they think bollan is better his tactics are gash he set's out his tactics to not lose the game if you want success you want a manager that sets his team out to win.

Tbh I wouldn't mind another manager if it's one of the Ferguson's brothers or ally mccoist or Deirdre off corrie al still support them

Derek Ferguson - that'll be entertaining!

Any Airdrie fans know when Diamonds Tv get their highlights up following a Saturday match.

It usually takes at least a week. That's providing the guy could be bothered turning up to film the game. We often steal our highlights from the opposition.

See all this talk with folk saying they wouldnt take either Barry or Derek Ferguson cause they think bollan is better his tactics are gash he set's out his tactics to not lose the game if you want success you want a manager that sets his team out to win.

Tbh I wouldn't mind another manager if it's one of the Ferguson's brothers or ally mccoist or Deirdre off corrie al still support them

Can thoroughly recommend Derek Ferguson to you after his excellent spell with Stranraer!

Apparently Derek Ferguson is a great coach but, never a manager. Be a bonus not having to listen to him on the radio if Airdrie gave him a job.

He never had a chance at Stranraer. The ground got pulled from under him when the scale of the club's financial mismanagement became clear. Any player on more than about £2.50 a week was told they could go. So they did.

Gregory Tade, Michael Mullan.......

He never had a chance at Stranraer. The ground got pulled from under him when the scale of the club's financial mismanagement became clear. Any player on more than about £2.50 a week was told they could go. So they did.

Gregory Tade, Michael Mullan.......

And he was an awful manager.

Archived