Playstation Plus Games

Fide

Noticed that Vampyr is one of the games for this month. Sounds interesting. Has anyone played it? Any good?
Shite answer but the reason I haven't bought/played it is because I've only read shite reviews. If I was getting it free I'd obviously give it a go though.

On 01/10/2020 at 15:55, J_Stewart said:

Noticed that Vampyr is one of the games for this month. Sounds interesting. Has anyone played it? Any good?

It's a bit of a cult classic. I started it but didn't get too far in. It felt really janky but apparently it can be quite good if you can get past it.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

Middle Earth: Shadow of War is a cracking game.

Ploughed some serious hours into already and I'm still enjoying it.

Best Playstation Plus release thus far IMO.

This, I already owned it but had it on disc, I'll play it a lot more now I don't need to switch discs. 

• 2 months later...
On 04/02/2021 at 00:03, NotThePars said:

Control Ultimate Edition is one of the games for this month which is a must play, IMO. Loads of fun.

Installed it yesterday to play last night...lost a good few hours in it overnight. Tough to get started but once you get into it, it's fantastic. Has some serious Kojima vibes to it.

Are the free games the same on the new consoles I've got Control and some other crazy wee driving smash em up game, good fun like.

19 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Installed it yesterday to play last night...lost a good few hours in it overnight. Tough to get started but once you get into it, it's fantastic. Has some serious Kojima vibes to it.

I'm glad to read this, tried the first 5-10 mins and turned it off thinking I'll go back when I've got more time. 

I got about 5-6 hours in when it released then dropped it for months until I restarted it again last year and battered through the entire game and DLC in about a fortnight. There's a few issues with the game. The frame rate on older consoles can drop a ton, the gun play is a serviceable at best, and the trekking back and forth can get irritating but it's also got the coolest atmosphere in a game I've seen in ages, very Lovecraftian and Ballardian, fun powers, a pretty engaging story and a cool world. The Ashtray Maze is a highlight and there's a video with Matthew Porretta late on that's really funny.

16 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I got about 5-6 hours in when it released then dropped it for months until I restarted it again last year and battered through the entire game and DLC in about a fortnight. There's a few issues with the game. The frame rate on older consoles can drop a ton, the gun play is a serviceable at best, and the trekking back and forth can get irritating but it's also got the coolest atmosphere in a game I've seen in ages, very Lovecraftian and Ballardian, fun powers, a pretty engaging story and a cool world. The Ashtray Maze is a highlight and there's a video with Matthew Porretta late on that's really funny.

Yeah, I really liked it as well, but I never finished it. I had s shot of it on a free trial of PS now and been meaning to pick it up again ever since. Delighted at this!

• 3 weeks later...
Final Fantasy VII remake is part of March's line up. Really surprised by this as its a AAA title that was one released last year. EvJs8PvWYAAZ4Oz.jpg.59f9cd67748564e64384843f9cfdb4c3.jpg

They’re releasing a PS5 version with new DLC and shit for 70 quid as well as two mobile games. Square Enix are an absolutely baffling publisher.

That’s a steal though. I’m on my second play through atm and it’s a tremendous game.