Hey! Ho! Jambo! 5 vs 3 The Minertaur

Eednud 8 vs 6.5 STU KTID

King Kebab 0 vs 4 Richie95

8MileBU 5.5 vs 3 the aggressive beggar

MikeyVanBasten3 6 vs 2 Randy Giles

Loki 8 vs 5 The DA

Ludo *1 0 vs 3 SamuraiJock

alang1993 5 vs 3 bhoy who invented weetabix

Sincere commiserations to those of you going out. You will not be the sponsor of the next film quiz, but I hope to see you playing in it.

Many congratulations to the last nine: Brightside, Jambo, Eednud, Richie, Miley, Mikey, Loki, Sam and Alan.

Details of the last 9 to follow.

The Last 9: Part I

The good news for all of those remaining is that you have a free hit in the first part of the semi-final.

The bad news is that this is the Last 9- the competition is getting serious now, so the rounds will be getting tougher.

Part I is going to be a 9-way free-for-all. There will be no head-to-heads, no pressure and no elimination, you can no-show for all I care, but 1st place will earn an automatic place in the 5-way Grand Final.

The other eight will go through another head-to-head quiz round to earn your places in the Final.

The round will go up later today, with an extended deadline of midnight on Monday.

Be prepared for something a bit different.

Being able to watch Goodfellas before you submit your answers was a great help. I had three guesses (La Vie En Rose and Paramount and the pic Alejandro Inarritu) two I actually got correct. A better tactic rather than naming cartoon characters for a laugh.

With King Kebab forgetting to enter it leaves it wide open for anyone now.

Being able to watch Goodfellas before you submit your answers was a great help. I had three guesses (La Vie En Rose and Paramount and the pic Alejandro Inarritu) two I actually got correct. A better tactic rather than naming cartoon characters for a laugh.

With King Kebab forgetting to enter it leaves it wide open for anyone now.

He actually remembered to enter, but left it until 00:58 this morning. Sneaking suspicion someone in the Kebab household forgot to wind back the clocks...

Grovelling apologies, KK. Still the likely AlbinoBet favourite for the big quiz.

Speaking of which, the LAST NINE Official Odds:

Loki - evens

Eednud - 4/3

Mr. Brightside - 9/5

MikeyVanBasten3 - 7/2

alang1993 - 9/2

8MileBU - 9/2

Hey! Ho! Jambo! - 7/1

Richie95 - 10/1

SamuraiJock - 13/1

The Last 9: Part I

Something a bit different for you for this round.

There are 16 screenshots in the montage below. You need to identify as many of the films as you can.

post-33771-0-57354400-1446211015_thumb.p

You may have noticed that the montage contains one film from each of the years 2000-2015. If you did notice, you may just have an advantage, because for an extra mark you can match the films to the year of their original release. You'll get 1 point for each correct film title, and 1 point for each correct year.

Note: If you guess the same year twice you will receive no correct year bonus. The ideal way to lay out your answers would be:

2000: Title
2001: Title

etc.

A total of 32 points are available. A place in the final is at stake.

Send your answers in a new PM to me by midnight on Monday. It's an extended deadline because this is going up in the middle of the day rather than early hours of the morning, but please be aware that if I receive all 9 answers before then, I'll finish the round early.

Good luck all.

I was off ill for the first two rounds and couldn't compete unfortunately. (I only go onto P&B in the office as home computer gubbed just now). I'm not sure how far I would have got but this is a brilliant round. I'm definite on 15 of the pictures and confident with the other. Years wise I think I'd get at least 10-12. Them's the breaks.

(In-case anyone is worried, I'm ok now).

Archived