Stenhousemuir v Brechin City

A game that has captured the imagination, I see.

I've missed the last two matches but were were supposed to have been stinking against Albion Rovers. I would have fancied us against Brechin City a fortnight ago but they seem to have pulled themselves together and picked up some good results, while we've been appalling. I'm cautiously predicting a home win but wouldn't be surprised if we get bodied here.

Hmm. Not quite sure what to make of that. On one hand, we scored in the 90th minute to tie the game and showed great spirit to keep going to the end; on the other, we tossed the match away by giving Brechin two piss-easy goals. The first was a long ball over the top, the second was a goalkeeping mistake. Week in, week out, we're killing ourselves with stupid mistakes. I think Jamie Barclay might be the worst goalie I've ever seen at Stenny - I certainly can't think of anyone who's made as many mistakes.

A damn shame as well, as the two goals we score were beautiful. The first was well worked and wonderfully finished off by Alan Cook, the second was a stunning finish from Carlos Manzana-Martinez on the edge of the area. Carlos was excellent throughout, some great touches in tight spaces.

A draw was probably the fairest result on the balance of play but I thought we were the better team for the best part. Brechin were always in the game but we pretty much allowed them to help themselves to their goals.

Does anybody know if we practise penalties at training because we keep missing them.Also we should be beating teams like Stenhousemuir,are McCormack and Perry not fully fit yet because Dodds should be on the sideline doing his job as he is too old to play.

Brechin rarely threatened to be honest. I was only worried about the penalty and that was it. A lot better performance than last week. Carlos played the best he has all season. Should of brought on McShane alot earlier, as he is someone who can hold the ball up and also should have won us a penalty right at the end.

Does anybody know if we practise penalties at training because we keep missing them.Also we should be beating teams like Stenhousemuir,are McCormack and Perry not fully fit yet because Dodds should be on the sideline doing his job as he is too old to play.

Based on what, exactly? While I thought Brechin competed well, they barely created a chance of note. Other than the penalty and the two goals our defence let you have, we weren't exactly taxed all afternoon.

Given how we have started I don't think we have any right to beat teams stenhousemuir they are a solid team in this division a point is not a bad result to be honest

A draw was a fair result but the goals we are giving away every single game are killing us. Too many of our players are low on confidence, the keeper in particular - not the worst; Kieron Renton??

JoN Robertson as well. He has been a huge disappointment. Carlos, Cook and Stirling were our best peformers.

Brechin look a shadow of the team from previous seasons. Fortunately for them, and us, Cowden are in the league.

A draw was a fair result but the goals we are giving away every single game are killing us. Too many of our players are low on confidence, the keeper in particular - not the worst; Kieron Renton??

JoN Robertson as well. He has been a huge disappointment. Carlos, Cook and Stirling were our best peformers.

Brechin look a shadow of the team from previous seasons. Fortunately for them, and us, Cowden are in the league.

I remember Renton making a number of terrible blunders (Albion Rovers away where he dropped a cross into his own net; Berwick Rangers at home when he dropped another cross into the net and getting lobbed from 50 yards whilst standing on his line) but certainly not to the same degree of consistency as Barclay. He's probably already made the same number of errors most goalies make in three or four seasons. Never before have I seen a 'keeper boot the ball into his own net the way he did against Ayr. Not good enough at all.

And while I don't think Jon Robertson was brilliant today (he gave the ball away twice in silly areas, most notably a cute header right into his own penalty spot) he wasn't rubbish.

Archived