Madrid

Alan Stubbs

• 3 months later...

Bumping this as my girlfriend and me are probably going to Madrid for a bit next summer before heading to Valencia. I take it there's still stuff to do if you're not going on a stag do or for the football, which seems to be what the majority of folk on here were doing :lol:

• 11 months later...
On 17/03/2019 at 19:08, Stu said:

Bumping this as my girlfriend and me are probably going to Madrid for a bit next summer before heading to Valencia. I take it there's still stuff to do if you're not going on a stag do or for the football, which seems to be what the majority of folk on here were doing :lol:

Book ahead for a visit to the Royal Palace as the queues are insane. You have to see Flamenco dancing, we went to a small club and it was amazing - https://lastablasmadrid.com/en/home/ 

I had the best beer of my life outside a cafe - really hot day and a pint of Estrella came in a frozen glass thickly caked in frost - gorgeous!

Went just before Christmas for a weekend and it was class. El Rastro flea market was a good laugh to walk around and there was loads of street entertainers hanging about.

It's definitely more metropolitan feeling than Barcelona or Valencia but it's absolutely class to just wander around. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah mate, will most likely be absolutely roasting! I'll be honest, Madrid isn't really much of a beer hall or garden place, it's more lots of terraces out the front of pubs, rooftops and stuff.

Let us know how many of you and what area (central I guess?) and I'll fire you a bunch of decent ideas for eating, boozing and daytime stuff. I presume it's just a weekend visit yeah?

On 26/04/2022 at 19:25, JMDP said:

Yeah mate, will most likely be absolutely roasting! I'll be honest, Madrid isn't really much of a beer hall or garden place, it's more lots of terraces out the front of pubs, rooftops and stuff.

Let us know how many of you and what area (central I guess?) and I'll fire you a bunch of decent ideas for eating, boozing and daytime stuff. I presume it's just a weekend visit yeah?

Cheers!

Any bars with big outdoor seating areas would be perfect. Relatively central is fine yeah. There’ll be 15-20 of us and it’s just Friday to Sunday. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DMCs said:

Anyone know any good restaurants in Madrid?

Sorry about that. In my experience if you find somewhere a bit pricey in Spain but outside the main tourist hubs, it'll be good. Had good meals in Madrid but can't remember where or what they were called. @JMDP is your man.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Sorry about that. In my experience if you find somewhere a bit pricey in Spain but outside the main tourist hubs, it'll be good. Had good meals in Madrid but can't remember where or what they were called. @JMDP is your man.

Cheers. Got a bit tourist trapped today to be honest but there is still a need for tomorrow! Turns out tripe can actually be good even if the meal was middling overall.

21 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Cheers. Got a bit tourist trapped today to be honest but there is still a need for tomorrow! Turns out tripe can actually be good even if the meal was middling overall.

Don't get tempted by pig's ear tapas, I'll eat just about anything but they're nasty, all hair and gristle. :barf