Madrid

Alan Stubbs

15 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Hi mate, I live in Madrid and a regular at Atletico. Buy on their website. It is in English and you can print at home. The ultras sit on the lower tier of the South stand 'fondo sur' and the best tickets are to sit right above them IMO. Whilst there might seem a low number, scout around on the website on each section and you should be able to get two/maybe three together. 

All games up to Christmas are already on sale on the website. 

Not sure how legit the viagogo tix are. My only experience with them was buying Munich tickets and they were fine.

Give me a shout if there is anything else you want to know.  

Cool man i’ll do that. Just thought the low numbers seemed strange as looking at there attendances this season against sides of a similar level to Alaves and none of them were close to a sellout. Might be as palmy_cammy says and some tickets aren’t released until fairly late i’m guessing?

3 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Cool man i’ll do that. Just thought the low numbers seemed strange as looking at there attendances this season against sides of a similar level to Alaves and none of them were close to a sellout. Might be as palmy_cammy says and some tickets aren’t released until fairly late i’m guessing?

Yeah, pretty much I think. The game against Eibar this season was showing only a few tickets then I got three beside each other a couple of weeks before.

The betis game this week though hasn't really shown more available though so I can't say with certainty. 

On 06/10/2018 at 17:34, Rodhull said:

Apologies for another bump of an old thread but am heading to Madrid at the start of December and was wondering if anyone had experience of buying tickets for Atletico games. Quite a bit of contradicting information out there. Seen a few places saying tickets only properly go on sale in the last week but it appears you can buy tickets in very low numbers already on their site. The low numbers seem odd as it’s so far in advance and it’s only Alaves so not exactly a glamour game. You can still buy tickets for their next couple of games so that’s why it seems odd that so few are available for a game in December.

Going to be three of us going and there does appear to be tickets available on places like viagogo.

I’ve never been to a La Liga game so not too sure what is the normal protocol for buying tickets in Spain so any advice would be appreciated.

I bought from Atlético website and everything went well. Was able to choose my seat and print out the ticket at home. 

Cheers for the advice guys, had a look on their site last night and there was literally only one section that had three seats together that I could find so I panicked and bought them. Now it's a nervous wait to see if the game is arranged for the Monday night which is the only time over the weekend that doesn't suit us. :lol:

11 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Cheers for the advice guys, had a look on their site last night and there was literally only one section that had three seats together that I could find so I panicked and bought them. Now it's a nervous wait to see if the game is arranged for the Monday night which is the only time over the weekend that doesn't suit us. :lol:

If it’s any help, I was at the Bernabeu this year and the public sale only started at 9am Monday before the game which was the following Sunday . I couldn’t get two seats together for me and the missus but bought 2 anyway. Later in the week there were loads of tickets. Real Madrid seem to use smartphone tickets rather than print.

Again, print at home directly from the club is probably the best way to go for any foreign games. I was in Prague last week and both clubs I visited had tickets around a fiver, while Viagogo etc were about £22.

• 1 month later...

The Irish Rover is probably the best of the Irish pubs but isn't always 100% reliable for showing Scottish games, especially if there is an abundance of other stuff on. The James Joyce near Banco di Espana station on line 2 is much more central and will definitely have it on. It can get pretty busy though.

O'Brian's between Sol and Sevilla stations should have it on as well. The Triskel Tavern beside Tribunal station might have it on.

The Irish Rover is probably the best of the Irish pubs but isn't always 100% reliable for showing Scottish games, especially if there is an abundance of other stuff on. The James Joyce near Banco di Espana station on line 2 is much more central and will definitely have it on. It can get pretty busy though.
O'Brian's between Sol and Sevilla stations should have it on as well. The Triskel Tavern beside Tribunal station might have it on.
Cheers pal, caught it in The James Joyce.

Four of us booked for weekend of Champions League final (doubt we will get tickets though as ballot us our only hope).  

Fly in Thursday morning and fly out Sunday evening. 

Still trying to figure out accommodation as not sure if better with hotel or private.  Basically looking for somewhere safe and with decent night life.

Any ideas or where to stay or do's and dont's?

Four of us booked for weekend of Champions League final (doubt we will get tickets though as ballot us our only hope).  
Fly in Thursday morning and fly out Sunday evening. 
Still trying to figure out accommodation as not sure if better with hotel or private.  Basically looking for somewhere safe and with decent night life.
Any ideas or where to stay or do's and dont's?

I stayed here when visiting Madrid for the Madrid derby. Situated on Madrid's longest street, metro station straight outside the hotel and they serve a very decent breakfast. I believe Thomas cook use this hotel as part of their sports packages.

http://m.rafaelhoteles.com/en/hotels/madrid-ventas/

Hey, I live in Madrid and anywhere relatively central is safe, the metro is immense to get around and there are a few excellent districts for nightlife. Let me know if there is anything in particular you'd like advice on!

On 9/28/2015 at 23:36, welshbairn said:

Don't normally go to museums and art galleries in foreign cities, usually just roam around at random but I made an exception in Madrid. Don't mean spending hours, but a quick trip to the Prado to see The Garden of Earthly Delights by our very own HB, and Picasso's Guernica at The Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía by the main Railway Station are worth half an hour at each. The bars etc are all a bit of a blur I'm afraid.

Half an hour?  It's an absolutely brilliant place both for its contents and its structure, housed in an old prison.  Maybe not for a stag do - but a good half-day for 'normal' people.

1 hour ago, JMDP said:

Hey, I live in Madrid and anywhere relatively central is safe, the metro is immense to get around and there are a few excellent districts for nightlife. Let me know if there is anything in particular you'd like advice on!

So what's your story, M30?  I've been to Madrid a few times on business and on holiday and always loved it.  How did you end up living there?

On 12/5/2018 at 00:37, The_Kincardine said:

So what's your story, M30?  I've been to Madrid a few times on business and on holiday and always loved it.  How did you end up living there?

No big story, I've lived here for a few months now after me and my girlfriend were both offered jobs here. I've always been interested in living in different places having lived in London for years and Sweden and Italy for a bit so it was an easy decision to make and one I'm really happy with.

It's a fantastic city with a great way of life and a brilliant base for exploring other parts of Spain. It has been really easy settling in and the football is great as well.

Had a good weekend in Madrid just past there. Game at The Wanda Metropolitanism, tour of Bernabeau and a load of wandering about seeing sights and a bit of drinking mixed in. Would recommend as cheap flights on easyjet and cheaper than going out in Edinburgh at least made it fairly affordable.

Surprised with their reputation I didn't see some fighting between River Plate and Boca fans as there were plenty of them about but no issues that I could see.