Where are all the Killie fans?

3,308 at Rugby Park yesterday and atmosphere felt like about 500. Admittedly I have been one of those cup final fans in the past, but been at most home games since winning the League Cup in 2012, and been going since 1984. I'm sure there's loads of Facebook fans who could spare every second Saturday afternoon! New on here but felt this was a thread worth starting. Any opinions?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way the fans are treated. The board don't care about the fans. What if someone can't make it to get a ticket during the week? They need to get a ticket on the day.. £24! Absolute shambles, they can't justify that especially with the product on the pitch.

100% agree, the people in charge and who decide these things are a joke. Pricing is the biggest problem.

Prices too high for product on show. League and Scottish football in general is stale. MJ screwing the fans. Piss poor performances on the pitch.

The things to note are when we were getting crowds of 8-10 thousand every week we had just won the scottish cup, were spending outwith our means to get quality players in. We were in europe. The season ticket was value for money....got cup games and money off strips etc.

3,308 at Rugby Park yesterday and atmosphere felt like about 500. Admittedly I have been one of those cup final fans in the past, but been at most home games since winning the League Cup in 2012, and been going since 1984. I'm sure there's loads of Facebook fans who could spare every second Saturday afternoon! New on here but felt this was a thread worth starting. Any opinions?

I voiced my concern to the board via the slo. I was given a response by Nicola.Here is a snippet from the email I received. "We are putting a group together tasked with improving our match-day experience so when we do get people along they will have an enjoyable experience and come back." While I see this as a positive step I feel the board have still not fully grasped the stark state our attendances are in.

"We are putting a group together tasked with improving our match-day experience so when we do get people along they will have an enjoyable experience and come back."

Football fans all over Scotland want to go to see an exciting game of football at a reasonable price. Surely the club doesn't need a f***ing group tasked with 'improving the match-day experience' to tell them that.

Football fans all over Scotland want to go to see an exciting game of football at a reasonable price. Surely the club doesn't need a f***ing group tasked with 'improving the match-day experience' to tell them that.

You're giving some of these people far too much credit. These are the same people who got rid of student season tickets, which without the generosity of my close family would have seen me like many at my school in 6th year priced out of going to games. These people followed the club for many years attending games both home and away who now can only go to the occasional home/away game as the price is far too much over a season. The upfront price of a season ticket is so high many cannot scrape the money together.

Attendances have dropped by about 50% in the last 20 years at rugby park despite continually being in the top flight.

God help that club if they fell on actual hard times and lost their premier league status.

Whichever way you spin this, Kilmarnock fans should be ashamed.

Why should the fans be ashamed? The previous owner did just about everything he could to continually fleece the home support for around a decade, and fair play to those who still go week in, week out. Plenty of valid reasons for not going to Rugby Park have been mentioned already, so I won't parrot on about them. We're a provincial club who have punched above our weight for quite some time now. I don't know how long we'll continue to do so, but the fans cannot be blamed for staying away despite WUMs like yourself stating otherwise.

Why should the fans be ashamed? The previous owner did just about everything he could to continually fleece the home support for around a decade, and fair play to those who still go week in, week out. Plenty of valid reasons for not going to Rugby Park have been mentioned already, so I won't parrot on about them. We're a provincial club who have punched above our weight for quite some time now. I don't know how long we'll continue to do so, but the fans cannot be blamed for staying away despite WUMs like yourself stating otherwise.

Its a genuine point, i credit anyone supporting their local teams but its 50 percent mate, not just a slight decline.

Football's overpriced in general, its not only kilmarnocks problem and other clubs have had issues with owners who the supporters are not fond of (my own club is an obvious example).

You've done exceptionally well to avoid relegation since they came back up in the early nineties. I don't know what kilmarnock fans who stay away expect the club should be achieving.

Its a genuine point, i credit anyone supporting their local teams but its 50 percent mate, not just a slight decline.

Football's overpriced in general, its not only kilmarnocks problem and other clubs have had issues with owners who the supporters are not fond of (my own club is an obvious example).

You've done exceptionally well to avoid relegation since they came back up in the early nineties. I don't know what kilmarnock fans who stay away expect the club should be achieving.

I've been a bit harsh there, you do make a decent point or two. I think most reasonable - emphasis on the reasonable there - fans will be expecting a mid-table finish with hopefully a decent enough run in one of the cups and some entertaining football. We haven't had that for a couple of seasons now, and eventually when combined with the overall pricing structure people will turn away. In any case, I don't think we're doing enough to stop people avoiding games/entice people back. Whenever I hear noises from the club saying "we're listening, we're trying to improve things" it almost seems to be half-arsed half the time, as if they don't realise the magnitude of the task they have.

In any case I agree with you about the relegation thing, we've been very fortuitous in the past 21 or so years. If we were to go down this year (a real possibility if we don't punt Locke) then I would have no complaints and would look upon our next season as a new adventure and a new challenge.

Archived