Ian McCall's black and white army vs Coco's Clowns

itzdrk

Fleming

Devlin McLauchlan Graham Boyle

Adams Docherty

Trouten Forrest

Moore Caldwell

Subs: Newman, Muir, Murphy, Donald, Crawford, Gilmour, Preston

Would like to see a couple of changes, try freshen the team up a bit, give Caldwell and Graham a chance from the start today. If Adams isn't fit, wouldn't mind seeing Murphy in at centre mid with Docherty. Gilmour is probably more suited to away games and would like to see Forrest and Trouten starting wide. Going for 2-0 with Trouten and Moore with the goals.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have no idea what you're talking about. When you last saw us i reckon 7 players that started that game wouldn't be a first choice now. You weaken a team by 7 players and everyone will look bad and playing 7 squad players is a bit different than maybe having 1or 2 out from your first choice line-up.

There is no third division BTW which shows the extent if your footballing knowledge.

That last sentence is desperate, desperate stuff.

Over the two games that you played against Dunfermline the only players that didn't play against us were El Zubaidi and Smith, although fair enough Murdoch was also missing, as I said before though when Murdoch is missing your midfield is absolutely pitiful. And while Brett is a good player and I can't comment on El Zubaidi you're still going to be playing two from Scullion, Armstrong, Adamson, Yaqub or Donaldson and none of them are good enough.

How many times through a season will you play your first choice team? A handful if any team is lucky, these squad players will get significant game time throughout a season and it's pretty clear the vast majority are shocking, out of interest what seven players didn't play against Dunfermline over the two games who are first choice picks?

Ayr United
  • 01 Fleming
  • 02 Devlin
  • 05 McLauchlan
  • 06 Murphy
  • 03 Boyle
  • 08 Forrest
  • 04 Docherty
  • 07 Gilmour
  • 11 Trouten
  • 09 Preston
  • 10 Moore

Substitutes
  • 12 Caldwell
  • 14 Crawford
  • 15 Adams
  • 16 Donald
  • 17 Graham
  • 18 Muir
  • 19 Newman

Cowdenbeath
  • 01 Sneddon
  • 02 Donaldson
  • 04 Armstrong
  • 05 El-Zubaidi
  • 03 Adamson
  • 06 Hughes
  • 08 Murdoch
  • 10 Miller
  • 11 Callaghan
  • 07 Smith
  • 09 Spence

Substitutes
  • 12 Scullion
  • 14 Kane
  • 15 Johnston
  • 16 Orritt
  • 17 Hunter
  • 18 Buchanan
  • 19 Armstrong

Getting the increasingly horrible feeling come January, we won't keep Moore and Preston and Caldwell won't renew his contract.

If Moore and Preston leave then Caldwell would stay, it's not like he's going to go to any bigger clubs unless he has a blinding run of form.

Either way I thought it was unlikely for Preston to leave? Alternatively if Moore keeps scoring and Motherwell keep struggling the new manager could recall him.

Onto the game and just the three players that haven't played against Dunfermline this season starting for Cowdenbeath, perhaps not surprising that they're already behind when they're apparently missing four first team players.

Why is that funny? The whole thread not one Cowden fans expected us to get a result lmao.

Didn't expect to score in the first 25 seconds in all honesty.

If Moore and Preston leave then Caldwell would stay, it's not like he's going to go to any bigger clubs unless he has a blinding run of form.

Either way I thought it was unlikely for Preston to leave? Alternatively if Moore keeps scoring and Motherwell keep struggling the new manager could recall him.

Onto the game and just the three players that haven't played against Dunfermline this season starting for Cowdenbeath, perhaps not surprising that they're already behind when they're apparently missing four first team players.

Don't know, when McCall signed him, he was meant to be the starting striker, don't think McCall expected to get Preston back. Out the 2 loan players, we have more of a chance keeping Preston than Moore. The only thing I'm hoping for is with a new manager at Motherwell, they'll just see a young guy scoring some goals in the 3rd tier of Scottish football and go with his own options. Keeping them all would definitely increase our chances of promotion.

Archived