The Sons v Livingston 3/10/15

I wasn;t at the game, so only going on the highlights, but there are a lot more Livi chances than DFC chances, even after Livi went down to 10.

A lot of them are half chances but I agree, Livi looked to have more of the play. I think the highlights only show 1 chance for us after the red card and we score from it. Not that I care, the 3 points were everything on Saturday.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Livi had more of the play but I dont think they created that many clear cut chances. More clear cut chances than we created but thats not saying much. We wre pretty poor going forward again.

Buchanan impressed again and he's looking better and better with every game. Really settling into things and generally ultra composed. He does the simple things really well and is a safety first kind of defender. Saunders had a very good debut considering he wont be anywhere near fit and his challenge for a 50/50 ball right at the end of the game shows how committed he was. Wright didnt look comfortable at left back and I feared the worst when he picked up his booking because he looked frustrated but he saw the game out.

The big issue for me is still our lack of creativity and link-up play. The excellent cross for our opener aside, Gibson did little to make it happen going forward. I'm not sure Gallagher and Fleming can play in the same team as both look to be at their best as advanced central midfielders.

Still, the 3 points is what mattered most. We've had games recently where we were a couple of inches the wrong side of game winners and where our general play other than in the final 3rd probably hasnt been rewarded with the points we might otherwise have had. It would be good if this could lift the heads and get us back into winning ways.

I agree with everything else you've said, but not this part.

We didn't play well by a long stretch, but we were the better side, and given Livi's attitude of settling for what they had at half-time, I think we deserved the three points, despite the lacklustre performance from both sides.

The deluded ramblings of a much relieved fan who saw his team steal three points with two shots at goal. :lol:

The deluded ramblings of a much relieved fan who saw his team steal three points with two shots at goal. :lol:

We certainly didnt steal the points, and i dont think many would argue that a draw would probably have been a fairer result, but hey...we managed to score more goals than you, and thats the general point of the game

there is absolutely no point in complaining if you have loads of chances and cant put them away

there wasnt a huge difference between the teams, and Livi were certainly more direct than in previous seasons...you seem to have stopped the tippy tappy passing game around your back 4 too

I'm really not sure what you've seen to suggest you were 'dominating play' or 'still looked the better team with ten men'.

We had more shots at goal and on target, had more corners and possession, don't know how else I can see it. Brown produced 2 good saves after we went down to 10 men too, Gibbons in particular looked like it was going in the top corner and I was half up off my seat before cursing Brown for his save. Dumbarton kept giving us the ball when they had a man advantage, it seemed to have affected them more than us for a spell.

Our defending was shocking for the first goal though but nicely put away by Dumbarton. The winner was a bit fortuitous from a scramble in the box but them's the breaks. I wouldn't have complained much at getting a draw after Hippo went off right enough, just felt scunnered at getting nothing from that game after imo looking the better team.

Enjoy the seaside league next year, providing relegation doesn't kill your club.

Still think Alloa will be straight down and it could be between us, Morton, St Mirren & Dumbarton for the play offs. From what I've seen there isn't much in it between those teams.

We certainly didnt steal the points, and i dont think many would argue that a draw would probably have been a fairer result, but hey...we managed to score more goals than you, and thats the general point of the game

there is absolutely no point in complaining if you have loads of chances and cant put them away

there wasnt a huge difference between the teams, and Livi were certainly more direct than in previous seasons...you seem to have stopped the tippy tappy passing game around your back 4 too

Yeah but we were hitting too many floated balls into your box for Brown to come and take, every free kick was wasted with us doing that. Against Alloa we were putting balls into Sheerin who is a good target man, no idea why we didn't stick to doing that against Dumbarton.

Still think Alloa will be straight down and it could be between us, Morton, St Mirren & Dumbarton for the play offs. From what I've seen there isn't much in it between those teams.

Not entirely convinced it will be Alloa straight down, but agree with your overall assessment that it'll be between the teams you mention.

And I wouldn't entirely rule out QoTS yet - they're not at their best this year.

And I wouldn't entirely rule out QoTS yet - they're not at their best this year.

Really?? I think they have been the only team to play us off the park this season. Agreed they are a different side to what they were last year and that we weren't at our best in the match vs them; but I still think they are a strong side who have nothing to worry about in that aspect.

Archived