The Sons v Livingston 3/10/15

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rattled in what way?

All EL said was that it'd be interesting to see how Dumbarton would do as the only part time team in the league and a couple got a bit wound up. Not to mention the reaction when someone suggests that a full time team should be looking to beat a part time team...

All EL said was that it'd be interesting to see how Dumbarton would do as the only part time team in the league and a couple got a bit wound up. Not to mention the reaction when someone suggests that a full time team should be looking to beat a part time team...

Would that be the full-time team which we witnessed time wasting in the first half of a home game against us last season? How did that one work out again?

Would that be the full-time team which we witnessed time wasting in the first half of a home game against us last season? How did that one work out again?

I didn't say full time teams will always beat the part time teams, just that they should be looking to. Thanks for proving my point though.

Many folk heading down to the meet the manager before the game?

Will be interesting to see how we line up for this one. I still think McCallum deserves a shot from the start but I'm pretty certain we'll see him on the bench again.

I've got a game in the morning so won't be there unfortunately. If someone could provide a transcript the that'd be smashing, really interested to hear what he's got to say.

I didn't say full time teams will always beat the part time teams, just that they should be looking to. Thanks for proving my point though.

It's a bit of a stupid thing to say though. You're not looking to win the game because we're part time, you're looking to win the game because that's what everyone's doing. It may shock you to know that the part-time team you're playing this weekend is looking to win as well.. Anyway, we keep being told that Livi's budget is "probably less" than ours so does the full-time thing actually mean anything at all other than you guys being able to pretend that you're a big team?

It's a bit of a stupid thing to say though. You're not looking to win the game because we're part time, you're looking to win the game because that's what everyone's doing. It may shock you to know that the part-time team you're playing this weekend is looking to win as well.. Anyway, we keep being told that Livi's budget is "probably less" than ours so does the full-time thing actually mean anything at all other than you guys being able to pretend that you're a big team?

You guys dinny half like making shit up. EL's right though, Dumbo fans are hell of a precious about their PT status.

You guys dinny half like making shit up. EL's right though, Dumbo fans are hell of a precious about their PT status.

Are we? There's maybe one or two who take the comments to heart but most of us have long accepted our diddy status and are quite happy to be plodding along in this division, we're certainly not at Cowdenbeath levels of precious anyway. I was just pointing out that saying Livi should be looking to win this because we're part-time is a stupid thing to say, especially seen as most of you seem to think we're paying more wages - surely WE should be the ones looking to win this as we have more resources?

Many folk heading down to the meet the manager before the game?

Will be interesting to see how we line up for this one. I still think McCallum deserves a shot from the start but I'm pretty certain we'll see him on the bench again.

Definitely going for meet the manager. Should be a good session and hopefully it'll run in the spirit that it's intended. Looking forward to some probing questions and interesting answers.

Would encourage as many fans as possible to get along. Worst thing would be to treat a chance like this with apathy.

Definitely going for meet the manager. Should be a good session and hopefully it'll run in the spirit that it's intended. Looking forward to some probing questions and interesting answers.

Would encourage as many fans as possible to get along. Worst thing would be to treat a chance like this with apathy.

Absolutely.

I've always thought the addition of the club captain would be good at these type of events. Means you'd get to hear things from a players perspective as well as the gaffer. Obviously with these usually taking place a couple of hours before kick off it means that players are unlikely to be available unless they are injured.

Mostly Dumbarton fans biting at every second comment.

Fairly successful attempt from the Livi boys.

That doesn't stop you posting about football though. I'm away this weekend for my Dads birthday so unfortunately missing the MTM and the game. Hope both go well but I'm wary that we we've seemingly trialed 3-5-2 in a couple of midweek games. Not sure that will go well with our squad.

That doesn't stop you posting about football though. I'm away this weekend for my Dads birthday so unfortunately missing the MTM and the game. Hope both go well but I'm wary that we we've seemingly trialed 3-5-2 in a couple of midweek games. Not sure that will go well with our squad.

Do we have the pace at the back to cover for Wright's lack of pace in a back 3? Wouldn't want him being left as the last defender against a quick opponent. I'd also be concerned that without Taggart we don't really have a right wingback until Saunders is fit and I'm not sure we've got a left wingback. Then there's the issue of what we'd do with Gibson (unless he was the wingback, in which case NAW).

Right now it probably doesn't matter which combination of players we play at the back. The problem is a lack of creativity from open play. If we're not getting quality chances then regardless of whether we go 1 or 2 up front, we're going to struggle.

Need more from our creative and attacking midfielders. Better service and better support would build on our relatively reasonable defence.

Archived