Queen of the South vs Hibs

How many times this season has the general consensus been that we are not creating enough? When should we start to be worried? Not good enough today sadly, next week we really need a win and some goals! Poor crowd today too I thought which is a shame.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queen of the South need to improve their catering. That pie was fucking shit. But I suppose that's what you get for being a diddy.

Saved specially for the visit of yourselves, and don't be so hard on yourself I'm sure you're not really that much of a diddy. To be fair we only get in fresh pies after we've won a game so it's no surprise that yours was a bit off.

Just shows the difference in the Managers attitude and approach to the game, Hibs were defending a two goal lead, we had a corner yet Hibs still kept two players upfield. When we are defending corners it's all players back with no-one left up if the ball is played out. Three at the back isn't working, at least with the three that were in place today, right back especially is a problem position.

My first visit to Palmerson Park was a pleasant experience. Nice day for football in the Borders.

I expected a much tighter game but Hibs were very comfortable throughout.

The ref Greg Aitken managed to miss just about everything although thankfully it didn't have any bearing on the result.

Nice day for football in the Borders.

what.png

I'm not especially fussed about losing to Hibs or being especially defensive against better teams but it's the losing without much resistance which is more disappointing. There generally seems to be a lack of belief in the players to get a result compared to last year, as well as feeling like a team without an identity going forward, more primary concerned with stifling the opposition and not losing than imposing ourselves on teams.

Nice to see Stubbs giving Dom extra credit. People are quick enough to slate him when he's played poorly but he looks like he's becoming the player we had before the African cup of nations. Dumbarton next should be another win and we should be aiming for another clean sheet

Morton up next sat, would like Fowler's starting 11 to be

Thomson

Kidd Dowie Higgins Marshall

Harris Miller Hutton Russell

Smith Oliver

Subs Coogans Conroy Jacobs Hooper Heffernan Moxen Atkinson

Massive game next sat Queens must stop the rot the manager surely must put out a positive attack minded team and try go win the game.

The fans are starting to lose confidence in the manager and his formations & the some of the players desire is in question.

Lyle's injury might just force a chsnge upfront whilst i would give Jacobs and Conroy a seat on the bench and move Brownlie into the stand with the other squad members.

It wasnt a lone striker, Kidd played up front

Millar was definitely booked. After booking Kidd for much less, it was amazing Cummings didnt get a second yellow. Henderson should have been booked in similar circumstances to Millar. The referee let play go but then didnt go back to book the Hibs player. Not that it made any difference but we didnt seem to get a lot out of the ref today

Wow. It`s really amazing we lost after such a tactical masterstroke.

If only there had been an early indication that plan A was shit and a switch to plan B (if there was a plan B) was required.

It was painful watching Kidd up tops.

That was the most bizarre tactical fuckwittery since the days of Gordon Chisholm.

I accept the hard job Fowler had this season but I can't help but feel he is making it even harder for himself. I'm starting to lose patience as there is zero enjoyment in watching us just now. Is that not what it's all about at the end of the day?

Not sure if I'd actually be too concerned if I ever saw Conroy or Millar in a Queens top again.

Heffernan is some kind of sick joke as well surely? What is the point in him?

It was painful watching Kidd up tops.

That was the most bizarre tactical fuckwittery since the days of Gordon Chisholm.

I accept the hard job Fowler had this season but I can't help but feel he is making it even harder for himself. I'm starting to lose patience as there is zero enjoyment in watching us just now. Is that not what it's all about at the end of the day?

This.

None of the goals looked any better on replay. If you want to give the other team a bit of confidence, let them score after only 3 minutes. Cummings, who frankly didn't do much else except nearly get sent off, was allowed to peel off his marker and take the time to slot it in. Was it Jocobs meant to be marking him? The second one one was woeful midfield pass from Millar, but Hibs get some credit for attacking at pace and exploiting the gaps. Although am I being hard to think that Thomson just might have done better, the shot was actually very close to him? The third didn't really matter, we'd huffed and puffed all the second half without ever really looking like scoring, but it was a suicide ball from Jacobs to Kidd that let Hibs in. But again they took it efficiently.

I'm not sure what the plan was with Kidd up front, whatever it was it didn't work and I suspect we won't see that tactic (?) tried again.

Kidd's best position is wide right, when he is playing with confidence he is a dangerous player.

I actually though Dowie and Higgins were pretty solid, our problem department isn't the central defence, it's everywhere else!

Hilarious cameo in the first half in the new stand. After a bit of passing along the back four then to the midfield at back again, Higgins hit a long ball up the wing which Hibs knocked out for a throw. Someone from the new stand shouted "Why the long ball", to which Higgins replied "We got a f---ing throw". We all looked at each other and wondered if this could establish a trend. It does go to show the players do pick up on some of the shouts, which is why some of the more negative ones aren;t really helping.

The folk I was with with finding it hard to believe that Queens were actually an improvement on the previous week, the only reason we didn't lose the previous week was that Falkirk were as bad as we were.

I was pleased Danny got applause as he came on. I think booing ex-players like Baird and Kerr is understandable, but guys that bust a gut for Queens for years and move on for understandable reasons are different.

It's clear we still don't know what our best team is, and we've still got Russell, Hilson and Tipping not playing. One positive from yesterday (and there weren't many) was that I though Hutton played well.

160 miles for a 3-0 defeat - I've had better weekends.

Kidd went from a regular starter last season to regular sub at the start of this season and when he did get on he was played right back or in midfield, why the sudden urge to convert him to a striker when there are proven goalscorers on the bench. I've not been very impressed by Hutton in the few bits and pieces he has played for us but must admit that yesterday, of those on show, he was deserving of a MoM award, the sponsor must have been on the electric soup if he thought Higgins' was a worthy winner. Even the normally reliable Marshall was hemmed in for most of the game. Maybe a bit early to call for the Manager's head but he must find his best available starting line-up and a formation that they are comfortable with.

Liam Henderson loves a celebration :lol:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/freeview

Hibs got in far, far too easily for the first. The other two came from the ball being given away cheaply with bad passes but in fairness both were then lightning breaks forward. Given we've had Derek Lyle booked already this season for running across the front of the other support cupping his hand to his ear young Mr Henderson was a bit fortunate not to get the same.

Hibs got in far, far too easily for the first. The other two came from the ball being given away cheaply with bad passes but in fairness both were then lightning breaks forward. Given we've had Derek Lyle booked already this season for running across the front of the other support cupping his hand to his ear young Mr Henderson was a bit fortunate not to get the same.

What was that about? Lyle did it for a reason, but I didn't hear any animosity towards any Hibs players. And the Queens fans weren't any quieter after that goal than they were before it. Was he just making the point that our fans were very quiet? Strange thing to do in a game with zero needle or atmosphere.

What was that about? Lyle did it for a reason, but I didn't hear any animosity towards any Hibs players. And the Queens fans weren't any quieter after that goal than they were before it. Was he just making the point that our fans were very quiet? Strange thing to do in a game with zero needle or atmosphere.

Henderson was getting booed for a perceived dive not long before that pretty much in front of the Directors Box. I presume it was about that.

Cummings got a bit of abuse from the fans in the minute or two between dodging his red card and being hooked off. Otherwise I agree, no real needle in the game.

Archived