Queen of the South vs Hibs

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Harris ineligible and Russell possibly still out our distinct lack of wide men will in all likelihood force Fowler's hand with regard to what formation to go with.

Millar is presumably fit enough to start again so that should see us line up:

Thomson

Brownlie Dowie Higgins

Kidd Jacobs Millar Marshall

Conroy

Lyle Oliver

I still like the look of that line up on paper but a few things need to happen for us to get anything from Saturday's game.

• Cut out the defensive mistakes that plagued us in the Morton game (and others). Hopefully the solid looking display at the Falkirk Stadium is a positive sign in relation to this. Obviously we need to find a better balance between defensive solidity and attacking promise though. I'd imagine Hibs will pose more of a threat than the powderpuff Falkirk forwards as well so our back 3 will need to all put in a performance.
  • The midfield trio need to step up and start performing their roles better. Jacobs needs to stick to winning the ball and then moving it on quickly to one of his team mates with better passing ability than he has. Millar needs to start getting involved more and grabbing games by the scruff of the neck like we know he is capable of. Conroy needs to start doing anything because at the minute he reminds me of Michael Paton plodding about offering very little. All three need to speed things up because we are far too pedestrian in the central areas and it leaves us with very little space to work in.
  • We need to start playing the ball into the feet of our forwards more often. Lyle will win more headers than he loses but at the minute there is zero understanding between him and Oliver and Lyle's flick-ons are being hoovered up easily by the opposition defence. Oliver has pace, but a hopeful punt in behind isn't the best method of taking advantage of this. Both are strong enough, and have good enough feet to hold the ball in, and Lyle has the nous to play defence splitting passes for Oliver to take advantage of - lets see them doing this more often please.

I think the best we can hope for is another home score draw which to be honest I'd be more than happy with.

With Harris ineligible and Russell possibly still out our distinct lack of wide men will in all likelihood force Fowler's hand with regard to what formation to go with.

Millar is presumably fit enough to start again so that should see us line up:

Thomson

Brownlie Dowie Higgins

Kidd Jacobs Millar Marshall

Conroy

Lyle Oliver

I still like the look of that line up on paper but a few things need to happen for us to get anything from Saturday's game.

• Cut out the defensive mistakes that plagued us in the Morton game (and others). Hopefully the solid looking display at the Falkirk Stadium is a positive sign in relation to this. Obviously we need to find a better balance between defensive solidity and attacking promise though. I'd imagine Hibs will pose more of a threat than the powderpuff Falkirk forwards as well so our back 3 will need to all put in a performance.
  • The midfield trio need to step up and start performing their roles better. Jacobs needs to stick to winning the ball and then moving it on quickly to one of his team mates with better passing ability than he has. Millar needs to start getting involved more and grabbing games by the scruff of the neck like we know he is capable of. Conroy needs to start doing anything because at the minute he reminds me of Michael Paton plodding about offering very little. All three need to speed things up because we are far too pedestrian in the central areas and it leaves us with very little space to work in.
  • We need to start playing the ball into the feet of our forwards more often. Lyle will win more headers than he loses but at the minute there is zero understanding between him and Oliver and Lyle's flick-ons are being hoovered up easily by the opposition defence. Oliver has pace, but a hopeful punt in behind isn't the best method of taking advantage of this. Both are strong enough, and have good enough feet to hold the ball in, and Lyle has the nous to play defence splitting passes for Oliver to take advantage of - lets see them doing this more often please.

I think the best we can hope for is another home score draw which to be honest I'd be more than happy with.

You'll also be hoping Danny is not fit to start and doesn't run riot against his old team. Looks as though your new players are not quite bedding and it's becoming a difficult season. I watched last Friday's game and for all it was a good point for you up at Falkirk it was an absolute stinker to witness.

You'll also be hoping Danny is not fit to start and doesn't run riot against his old team. Looks as though your new players are not quite bedding and it's becoming a difficult season. I watched last Friday's game and for all it was a good point for you up at Falkirk it was an absolute stinker to witness.

The blame can't be pinned purely on the new players I'm afraid.

Has Carmichael played for Hibs this season?

The prospect has kept me up all week.

Archived