Kevin Bridges @ TheHydro

stawner upper

Neds, in other words.

Ned's generally hang about streets and don't make anything of their lives. I'm not sure you could tar KB with that brush.

I wouldn't consider myself ever being a ned and I really like him as does a lot of folk I know - I suppose we are not upper or middle class or thing anything high oh mighty about ourselves but neds? Nah.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His material, admittedly, is fairly basic and you by no means need intelligence to 'get' his jokes. The most effective part of his routine is the delivery; he knows how to tell a joke and he puts you in the scene during his routine; the best example of this is his wee bit about the psycho on the bus who argues about his fare.

The criticism that he only appeals to the lowest social class bracket is harsh, since when did comedy have to be academically advanced to be funny?

• 1 month later...

Watched the dvd last night and thought it was good and quite clever funny bits linked together but not split your sides funny. Find him very entertaining and I get nostalgic about the things he says as he sums up the little things so very well. I had a friend who was similar to the story of the weird family he stayed with as well and he described the feelings I was going through so well.

Archived