Sign in to follow this  
stawner upper

Kevin Bridges @ TheHydro

The guy has got it going on at the moment, 16 sold out nights at The Hydro lots of new material,brilliant venue, good warm up act (Ramesh Ranganathan) he was pretty good as well. Aye good gig there

About £6 million quids worth of tickets sold in other words?

Guy, could probably do very well just doing a week of Glasgow shows per year.

Any time I've seen him on tv he seems decent enough, most people that really like him though seem like morons who like shit comedy. Makes me unfairly judge him.

I don't really like parochial Scottish humour too much but I do think Kevin Bridges is quite funny. Certainly better than most of the other 'big' names on the stand up ciruit at the moment - McIntyre, Bishop etc.

I'm going to see him next week cant wait. I get away from the kids for 2 nights. The show should be ok aswell

It's not very thoughtful comedy, but he does it quite well. He's a bit Peter kay at times with the nostalgia stuff, but I like him enough. Wouldn't go see him or anything.

What's with the hate, he's funny as f**k

Of course he's funny. I liked this Referendum thing that he did.

He's 'An hour on Youtube watching his best bits' funny. He's not a '£200 for an evening out with a special someone' funny.

I saw him in 2007 at The Stand in Edinburgh before he hit the big time (I'm no comedian hipster, I had no idea who he was) and he was absolutely brilliant. I think like many modern comedians he's struggled to maintain the quality---these days when every joke you've done hits youtube inside of about five minutes the rate at which you need to produce new material is just ridiculous.

Can't believe some of the haters on this thread, I love the guy, seeing him next Sunday and can't wait, done no to bad for himself and he's only 28, also whilst I googled that he was the top hit under Kevin, edging in ahead of Kevin De Bruyne. Not too shabby. :P

Can't believe some of the haters on this thread, I love the guy, seeing him next Sunday and can't wait, done no to bad for himself and he's only 28, also whilst I googled that he was the top hit under Kevin, edging in ahead of Kevin De Bruyne. Not too shabby. :P

How good are your seats?

Really enjoyed his gig on Thursday and the Hydro is a really good venue.

If the demand is there then fair play to him for selling nearly £7million of tickets.